IGNORED

Frank Lampard

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Lampard gave massive credit to the fans for their part in this win, I would say he’s never felt the power that is Goodison anywhere in his career before. 

I’m in my 5th season as ST holder and I’ve never heard it like it was today, the first half was amazing, sod the 12th man we had 13!

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Clement is a very close second in terms of things I'm excited about at Everton. He's been there and done it all, won trophies with Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern. It didn't quite work out for him as a manager, but he's well known as one of the best assistants (and all round tacticians) in the game. 

No surprise that he's focusing a lot on set pieces and we've scored for fun from them so far.

Which have been our Achilles heel for far too long, things are getting better.

It’s great to just feel a bit of justifiable belief and positivity. That’s what he’s brought.

There’s a really interesting interview with Frank from about 15 years ago by Simon Kuper (the best football journalist).

Its just after Mourinho has taken over at Chelsea. Frank is in the changing room and turns round to see Mou standing there. ‘Oh, alright gaffer’. Mou: ‘You are the best player in the world, but now you have to prove it people’.

It sound trite, but Frank said he phoned his mother up and told her that the new manager was the best player in the world, and from that point on he began to believe he was.

The point is that Frank has seen and knows a bit about what it takes to make players tick, not to blow smoke up their arse, but to say the right thing to get the best of them. 

I’m feeling that belief too.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-lampard-lifts-lid-very-23084227

Reading this and I just find myself nodding because he's saying exactly what happened. There's no fluff (like Martinez) in that he talks things up when they deserve it. And he also talks about improving on what we've done and not resting on our laurels. But it's not in a negative way, you know exactly where he's coming from and isn't being negative because he can't give praise out.

I love the way he speaks about the game, it really resonates.

I think in the two weeks Frank Lampard has been here, he has well and truly got every single fan on side. 

He come across brilliant in interviews - honest, humble, intelligent, light hearted and no bullshit.

His style of play is something everybody can get behind it - players, fans and board members.

Day 1 he has assembled a great backroom team, who immediately are sorting out our set pieces. Love the fact that after the match he passes the credit to Clement for our immediate change of fortunes in this department.

I somehow think honest, passionate, hard working young British managers just suits this club best.  

I really hope this is all sinking in with Moshiri. 

20 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Good job Ross wasn't there when they did the tests, he'd have struggled😂

To quote the brilliant Peter Cook sketch on the exam to become a miner, "They only ask you one question, they say, 'who are you?' and I got 75% on that."

Really wasn't impressed with his subs today.

I can understand Gomes to a certain degree because Allan was on a booking and there wasn't anyone else on the bench he could have brought on to play there.

Townsend coming on ahead of El Ghazi was just all wrong for me. We needed to try and stretch Southampton and he's so slow that that was never going to happen. Plus, he's not looked good for a long time anyway.

Dele should have come on for DCL in my opinion. Dom had offered the square root of fuck all (again) and needed to be hooked. Gordon hadn't had the best of games after his bright start but, again, he could have stretched Southampton.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I can understand Gomes to a certain degree because Allan was on a booking and there wasn't anyone else on the bench he could have brought on to play there.

Townsend coming on ahead of El Ghazi was just all wrong for me. We needed to try and stretch Southampton and he's so slow that that was never going to happen. Plus, he's not looked good for a long time anyway.

Dele should have come on for DCL in my opinion. Dom had offered the square root of fuck all (again) and needed to be hooked. Gordon hadn't had the best of games after his bright start but, again, he could have stretched Southampton.

Yeah I thought the substitutions weren't the best, but also we've seen Gomes come off the bench before and make a real impact, so how was Frank to know he was gonna shit the bed? 

This performance came down to the players today. Bar the first 10 minutes, it was a dismal, pathetic display

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yeah I thought the substitutions weren't the best, but also we've seen Gomes come off the bench before and make a real impact, so how was Frank to know he was gonna shit the bed? 

This performance came down to the players today. Bar the first 10 minutes, it was a dismal, pathetic display

I wasn't complaining about the Gomes sub really, he had his hands tied behind his back with that one, as I alluded to.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was expecting Dele to replace DC-L at half-time, but it didn't happen. I can understand subbing Allan: For me, his yellow card was the real turning point of the game. Gomes in midfield almost always results in team malaise.