IGNORED

Frank Lampard

I was most disappointed that he didnt change the system. We simply seemed to be launching long ball after long ball when what we really needed to do was get on the ball, take a proper touch and play. Im surprised we didnt change our shape a bit before the Townsend sub when it was clear Gomes was useless.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I was most disappointed that he didnt change the system. We simply seemed to be launching long ball after long ball when what we really needed to do was get on the ball, take a proper touch and play. Im surprised we didnt change our shape a bit before the Townsend sub when it was clear Gomes was useless.

It seems to be that launching of the ball was completely on the players going by his post-match interview. He said he was disappointed that they resorted to that.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It seems to be that launching of the ball was completely on the players going by his post-match interview. He said he was disappointed that they resorted to that.

Yep. He doesn't seem to want that happening. It'll take weeks for old bad habits to filter out.

It seems to be their default panic mode.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bang on. The opening 15/20 of the Leeds and Southampton game are what I believe Frank wants from the team. There’s an improvement on that front for sure.

What ever happens this season though we need to take learnings from it - we can’t keep holding places in our squad for inadequate players who turn up everyone now and then. 

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

Bang on. The opening 15/20 of the Leeds and Southampton game are what I believe Frank wants from the team. There’s an improvement on that front for sure.

What ever happens this season though we need to take learnings from it - we can’t keep holding places in our squad for inadequate players who turn up everyone now and then. 

I think regardless of whether we stay up this season there’ll be a big change in the make up of the squad come next season with plenty leaving and arriving. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think regardless of whether we stay up this season there’ll be a big change in the make up of the squad come next season with plenty leaving and arriving. 

Change the players or change the players basically. 

I don’t wanna see Gomes play for us again. Only got to see 10 minutes of the match but he stuck out like a sore thumb…. It was as if he didn’t know what to do. 

It's going to take time, and a lot of damage was done in the first half of the season. I don't expect miracles, but I do expect to avoid relegation: That's the goal this year.

Why am I confident things will improve? The manager has a lot riding on this, and he's brought in what appears to be an excellent team of coaches. In interviews, he mentions reviewing video of each game to point out what worked and what failed. In other words, it's a system designed to improve the team, and that's exactly what we need.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Change the players or change the players basically. 

I don’t wanna see Gomes play for us again. Only got to see 10 minutes of the match but he stuck out like a sore thumb…. It was as if he didn’t know what to do. 

I agree completely about Gomes. He seems to sap all energy and urgency from the team - the complete opposite of Allan. Yesterday we had no alternative really, since Allan was in danger of a red. Hopefully, by next weekend, we'll have Doucoure back.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Agreed. I fully trust Lampard with this but we really need to get our recruitment right over the coming windows.

I think if joorabjian has his dirty fingers involved in transfers then frank will be telling him to fuck off along with moshiri.  I believe the assurances about transfer targets etc was what dragged negotiations out. 

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think if joorabjian has his dirty fingers involved in transfers then frank will be telling him to fuck off along with moshiri.  I believe the assurances about transfer targets etc was what dragged negotiations out. 

I hope so mate. Hopefully the reports that Lampards already contacted Chelsea over Gallagher are true as he is the type of player we need to be going for.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

"I speak with a lot of the medical and sports science staff and I was asking, ‘Can he handle 90 minutes against City? He’s been out for five weeks and City is the hardest game for a midfield player’. The staff just replied, ‘Yes, he can handle it’."

‘Yes, he can handle it’......  frank was being polite, the medical staff replied "seriously gaffer - you could put pebbles in his boots, give him some laxatives and give him a dead leg and he will cover more ground than half the charlatans who have been defrauding this club for so long".

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just watched his pre-Boreham Wood press conference, he's such an impressive guy; really hope he's successful and around a long time. For me, even if we go down he stays.

I agree, but I think with his motivation we have enough in the tank to stay up, assisted by teams that are worse than we are.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just watched his pre-Boreham Wood press conference, he's such an impressive guy; really hope he's successful and around a long time. For me, even if we go down he stays.

I just wish we got him in earlier. Even before Carlo. We’ve had mixed results under him so far and that’s to be expected but I’m really enjoying watching us play. We have a clear idea/identity to us again.

Stay up and in 2 seasons after that I genuinely believe we will be top 8.

59 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I hope he doesn't have a clause in his contract that if he sees we are a basket case this season, he can walk. Sorry, feeling massively deflated during this match.

If I was him I’d walk away given the chance. Another away game where we start off passing the ball, like the plan clearly is, concede a goal and fall to shit. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

If I was him I’d walk away given the chance. Another away game where we start off passing the ball, like the plan clearly is, concede a goal and fall to shit. 

Luckily for us i think he has a lot more integrity than the likes of Carlo.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t think he’s helped himself tonight though. 

Same but I think he has been hurt by the experienced players he has stood by. He is in a seriously hard place here

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

He has to wield the axe, no doubt about it.

After that I don’t think anyone can complain at being dropped. Not one of them. 
Wouldnt start DCL, Gordon, VDB, or any of the back four (if we had enough players to come in) against Wolves.