IGNORED

Frank Lampard

After the initial start, I have been a little disappointed if I am honest. 

That Newcastle game was as out of control as Rafa was at the end of his time here. I am not convinced that we have really improved in any area either. 

I like all of the vibes that are coming from him and the club, he seems like a great bloke which is a big step up on before and I do feel confident that things will improve once we are out of this mess and he has a summer to build a team more in his image.

I have noticed a change. He simply has the players looking as if they care more. They seem to understand that they need to fight for it.

To many fans listened to the commentators. Newcastle are the neutrals faves at the moment, so whoever they play gets criticised.

I thought the match was very scrappy, but that we fought for everything. And that’s exactly what we need to do right now! Forget trying to play nice looking football…. Just fight for the points.

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

That Newcastle game was as out of control as Rafa was at the end of his time here. I am not convinced that we have really improved in any area either. 

I like all of the vibes that are coming from him and the club, he seems like a great bloke which is a big step up on before and I do feel confident that things will improve once we are out of this mess and he has a summer to build a team more in his image.

if anyone has chips, Bailey is always available to piss on them :lol:.

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bailey mate we need points at this stage of the season, in the perilous position we find ourselves in with not many games left, I personally don’t care how we get them I just know we need them. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

if anyone has chips, Bailey is always available to piss on them :lol:.

It is what I do best! 🤣

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ffs he already pissed on mine the other night.   His footy statistical software had Leeds being done…..   the rest is history. 

bailey we need you to say we are done!  I will feel better then!

That was the problem, I just used my eye and didn't need to consult the stats! 😄

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Bailey mate we need points at this stage of the season, in the perilous position we find ourselves in with not many games left, I personally don’t care how we get them I just know we need them. 

I agree, but I will always believe good performances lead to more points. I will take anything just to survive though!

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It is what I do best! 🤣

That was the problem, I just used my eye and didn't need to consult the stats! 😄

I agree, but I will always believe good performances lead to more points. I will take anything just to survive though!

Good performance’s aren’t going to come with this manager and this group of players, so don’t delude yourself that they will 4-0 away to Palace will hopefully help you see that, if we stay up it will be because of the home fans forcing the players to give everything, and not because of Lampard or performance’s of ability. 

Thing is it’s Lampard now trying to work miracles like a couple of managers before him, and I can’t see next season being any better, he will have no money and there won’t be a queue lining up to pay top dollar for what we have, and unfortunately he has no real understanding of what to do with a bunch of players like ours his short time in management hasn’t prepared him for a situation like ours, the timing of his appointment was all wrong. Which brings us to the biggest problem at the club Moshiri and the board, Moshiri is the reincarnation of the devil and we’ve sold our souls to him for what a new stadium, shame he couldn’t give us team good enough to play in it. 

I think it is massively naive for him to say it isn't his tactics because they worked for the first however many minutes. 

Teams adapt. Players adapt. 

You see it in that second goal clear as day. The tactics fail.

If he isn't happy with the players carrying out his tactics, why is he picking largely the same players every game since he has been here? 

I don't like BS like that. Keep it in the dressing room, don't do it in front of the camera.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Lampard also shouldn't forget that their first goal came from his set piece design that gave them a 4 v 3.

You are absolutely right - "if" he instructed the players to be so rigid as to not react to a spare man then not only would I expect him to resign, but I would question how someone so tactically thick made such a career from being so positionally aware that he scored more goals than any midfielder in the prem.  

The reality is - he would not have told the players to "have 3 if they have 4".....  he will give a framework, not an absolute instruction - it is for the players to adapt it.

This is not rocket science, these players have been taught this since they were 8 year of age.  Does lampard tell them not to track runners, does he tell players to allow a man to get goalside of them?  These are things I am seeing.

I can see where he's coming from but he's not totally blameless and should be careful with laying into the players every week.

The team did start brilliantly with great intensity but how long the players could carry that on following a long later tough match against Newcastle.

Once they scored we struggled to work our way back in and maybe lacked another plan that didn't involve that same intensity.

Gordon as a left wing back worked great going forward but probably no so good at the back and it would have put more pressure on the defenders to spread themselves thing, especially when Iwobi came on though by that point it was pretty much over.

The second half I'd say was pretty disappointing in that I never felt we really did much to push Palace and we seemed pretty resigned to defeat from a very early stage.  Admittedly Palace played some very good football at times, managed play well and play some very good attacking football as well with quick skillful players that we struggled to deal with.

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You are absolutely right - "if" he instructed the players to be so rigid as to not react to a spare man then not only would I expect him to resign, but I would question how someone so tactically thick made such a career from being so positionally aware that he scored more goals than any midfielder in the prem.  

The reality is - he would not have told the players to "have 3 if they have 4".....  he will give a framework, not an absolute instruction - it is for the players to adapt it.

This is not rocket science, these players have been taught this since they were 8 year of age.  Does lampard tell them not to track runners, does he tell players to allow a man to get goalside of them?  These are things I am seeing.

Of course he set them up to defend the set piece that way. 

As I said in the other thread, we were playing a mix of man and zonal so there is only so many players to go around. If you take one of the zonal players you then create another problem as there is a zone unprotected. 

Are the players then to work out which zone is best to be left open? Course not, they set up as instructed, which they did. 

Whilst I agree about Lampard being positionally aware in an attacking sense, he was never known as that in a defensive capacity. 

Franks made mistakes no doubt but I think we can at least understand the style he wants us to play. There’s a direction in that sense and it is “Everton” type football.

Unfortunately, the players heads are so far gone and it’s reflective in their performances/ability. We have amassed a squad of players who are okay in some aspects but have glaring weaknesses of which teams are exposing. I can’t think of a player in our team who is a “complete” player or is excellent enough in certain aspects to cover their weaknesses ( Pickford and maybe Richarlison are the closest in my opinion )

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Franks made mistakes no doubt but I think we can at least understand the style he wants us to play. There’s a direction in that sense and it is “Everton” type football.

Unfortunately, the players heads are so far gone and it’s reflective in their performances/ability. We have amassed a squad of players who are okay in some aspects but have glaring weaknesses of which teams are exposing. I can’t think of a player in our team who is a “complete” player or is excellent enough in certain aspects to cover their weaknesses ( Pickford and maybe Richarlison are the closest in my opinion )

Top and bottom of it is bar Gordon, Richarlison and maybe Pickford the players generally have no professional pride.

Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Top and bottom of it is bar Gordon, Richarlison and maybe Pickford the players generally have no professional pride.

Simple as that. 

Gordon’s been exceptional for his breakout year and age but his final third play needs work. Once the goals and assists come he will be lethal next season though and fingers crossed he is.