IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 8th February

dunlopp9987

Newcastle should be a bit rusty - they will have not played for 2.5weeks. Newcastle do have the home advantage and I am sure there crown will be up for their new signings.

Just like us they have a few new players to integrate in to the team. So neither teams tactics or likely style of play will be easy to work out for the opposite manager. They are also going to feel like a team re-born this past week.

This game could real go either way and is really difficult for anybody to call - form book is out of the window a bit for this one, as both teams will be fairly unrecognisable. 

I think a lot will hinge on who's new signings perform best on their debuts.  It really is a coin flip for me.

Think I would take an away draw if it was offered to me now. 

Pickford

Coleman   Mina   Keane    Mykolenko

Allan   Gomes   VDB

Gordon        Richarlison    Gray

I'd just swap out the 5th defender for Van De Beek, I'd say this is a pretty likely  line up.  Dele will come off the bench, I'd expect the preference would be a swap for Gomes but if VDB isn't match fit for a full match he may swap him for Deli IF we are chasing goals.

Makes for a pretty solid bench

Patterson, Holgate, Kenny, Gbamin/Onyango,  Dele, El Ghazi, Rondon, Tosun

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

Pickford

Allan   Gomes   VDB

I'd just swap out the 5th defender for Van De Beek, I'd say this is a pretty likely  line up.  Dele will come off the bench, I'd expect the preference would be a swap for Gomes but if VDB isn't match fit for a full match he may swap him for Deli IF we are chasing goals.

I would also go with something like that to start. Maybe Kenny ahead of Coleman given his legs and short period between games. 

Townsend and DCL (if fit) on the bench ahead of Rondon and Tosun 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I actually like this fellas press conferences.

He's very open and honest, you can tell how much of a professional he was as a player.

He makes me disagree with @Romey 1878s comment about it being a must win. Seems to calm everything. I don't think it's the end of the world if we lose tomorrow, but I do think if we win it will put our tails right in the air and we will be well up for Leeds at Goodison on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's very open and honest, you can tell how much of a professional he was as a player.

He makes me disagree with @Romey 1878s comment about it being a must win. Seems to calm everything. I don't think it's the end of the world if we lose tomorrow, but I do think if we win it will put our tails right in the air and we will be well up for Leeds at Goodison on Saturday.

That's great and all, but I didn't say it was a must win :lol:.

15 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Pickford

Allan   Gomes   VDB

Agree with this - except for including Rondon within 100 miles of the stadium.