IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

Stealing @Cornish Steve's template, we're now ahead of his schedule👍.

Current status: 41 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Stealing Steve's template, we're now ahead of his schedule👍.

Current status: 41 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point (actual: 1 point)
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

But have you noticed his predictions have been shite to date, so I think we will finish on 42 😁

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm taking comfort from the teams around us too, Leeds have Chelsea and Arsenal still to play whereas Burnley have Spurs and Newcastle. 

Hopefully those four games can go our way to stop the other two teams in their tracks, the sooner we leapfrog them the better. I'm just really, really hoping that we can somehow make it mathematically done at Palace as opposed to going to the Emirates needing something.

Even Southampton could end up being dragged into it. 8 points ahead after playing two more.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Even Southampton could end up being dragged into it. 8 points ahead after playing two more.

Didn't even think about them mate, you're right. They've got Brentford (who are really hard to predict IMO) but then two tough games against Liverpool and Leicester. If they take zero from their last three then they could indeed be a dark horse for it.

Just looked at the table and remaining fixtures…… that was a monumental 3 points.  A draw wouldn’t have been enough really but psychologically it brings Burnley back into it and look at their fixtures….. not exactly straight forward and they arguably could struggle to get any points. 

obviously wishful thinking but if we beat palace and Brentford at home and do Watford away then we would be very very unlucky to go down. 

Ok… this is how much it’s got me looking at things.

we need arsenal to beat West Ham, that means Chelsea will need to get a result vs Leeds and energise arsenal to beat Leeds too.

hopefully by last game of season arsenal can put flip flops on. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Just looked at the table and remaining fixtures…… that was a monumental 3 points.  A draw wouldn’t have been enough really but psychologically it brings Burnley back into it and look at their fixtures….. not exactly straight forward and they arguably could struggle to get any points. 

obviously wishful thinking but if we beat palace and Brentford at home and do Watford away then we would be very very unlucky to go down. 

What a win that was. In our hands and Burnley and Leeds will be under massive massive pressure 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Have to also remember Leicester go to Rome on Thursday to play argubley their most important game of the season. If you are going to play Leicester city away, then Sunday might not be the worse time to go there. 

Fingers crossed their game on thursday goes to extra time and penalties. 

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Had the same thought, if I was a Saints fan I'd want a few points on the board pdq.

I agree, if they don't get anything on their travels to Brentford at the weekend, with Liverpool in between then there is a strong possibility they could need a result in their final game away to Leicester.  Teams battling for survival with a game or two in hand could catch them up. 

Southampton could be right in the mix come the final weekend and potentilly not be mentally ready for it. The level of urgency in both ours and Burnleys play has gone up a level this past 3 weeks. 

As awful, miserable and stressful as this season has been, it's still delivered 3 of the greatest moments I can remember as an Everton fan (and I was there at Wembley when Paul Rideout headed in to win the 1995 FA Cup). The Arsenal result, the Man United result, and yesterday's Chelsea result. There's still the Everton spirit in the club and I honestly think we're going to avoid relegation and go on to better things next season.   

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Have to also remember Leicester go to Rome on Thursday to play argubley their most important game of the season. If you are going to play Leicester city away, then Sunday might not be the worse time to go there. 

Fingers crossed their game on thursday goes to extra time and penalties. 

Been saying it for a while now about Leicester. There’s a chance for us there, no doubt.

We have to keep going with the same intensity for every game. 

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Like I keep saying, until it's impossible we've got to keep believing and that's exactly what I intend to do.

Up the fucking toffees!

This x 100.

We need to believe we can are going to win every game from now until the end of the season. 

With us and Burnley gathering some momentum it will worry the others, but only if we keep winning or picking up points.