IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

16 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I’ve just had a look at a Burnley forum, they had a thread on our game yesterday! 
it’s funny to see how we all view games differently, have a look for yourselves.

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61749

What a weird bunch that lot are…. Chelsea threw the game?!  I was hoping they would but fuck me they were horrible and were desperately trying to get something from the game.

hopefully the Richarlison thing gets put to bed soon enough.  

Treat every game as a must win game and don’t cherry pick the games you think we should win, as sure as day turns into night we will fall flat on our faces if we have that attitude we only need to beat Watford Brentford and Palace, we need to win our next 5. 

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Treat every game as a must win game and don’t cherry pick the games you think we should win, as sure as day turns into night we will fall flat on our faces if we have that attitude we only need to beat Watford Brentford and Palace, we need to win our next 5. 

Exactly. I think fans and players alike even when we played wolves thought we would be ok, even against Burnley….. no chance of that now.   The fear is definitely real. 

Interesting looking at Gordon…. He overhits corners and free kicks and I think that is pure adrenaline. A lad at our golf club is on the tour and he can’t get fitted for clubs, the reason is that a tournament scenario adds mph to his swing from the adrenaline and the club becomes too weak. It’s difficult to practice with adrenaline. 

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-avoid-relegation-predict-final-23873637

I had us finishing 17th , 2 points above Leeds and a point below Burnley

Leeds, Watford & Norwich down 🤞🏻

Got us on 43 points with both Leeds and Burnley on 36.

draws away to Leicester and Arsenal with home wins is very optimistic I think but come on! 

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Leicester knocked out of the conference league. Hopefully they think the season is done as they are mid table and can’t really qualify for Europe next season. Big chance to get points here

I was thinking that it would be better if they got through after extra time as they would want to rest players.

but there is the other piece which is they may be looking at booking holidays now… they know 23rd may is their first day off.  Not the 26/28th may. 

im hoping Brendan let them have a good few beers last night and they almost feel like the flip flops are on.

I think if we beat Leicester then we are favourites to avoid relegation out of the 3 clubs. The fans will do their bit at goodison and hopefully we face the likes of Brentford, palace who will also be thinking “don’t get injured, I want to spend the summer on holiday not getting treatment”.

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I was thinking that it would be better if they got through after extra time as they would want to rest players.

but there is the other piece which is they may be looking at booking holidays now… they know 23rd may is their first day off.  Not the 26/28th may. 

im hoping Brendan let them have a good few beers last night and they almost feel like the flip flops are on.

I think if we beat Leicester then we are favourites to avoid relegation out of the 3 clubs. The fans will do their bit at goodison and hopefully we face the likes of Brentford, palace who will also be thinking “don’t get injured, I want to spend the summer on holiday not getting treatment”.

Honestly mate I think them losing is best. They can’t make European footy through the league, no chance of relegation.

Anyone who played against Roma for the full 90 will be tired. None of their players are going to fancy the kind of the game we are going to bring to them on the weekend. 

If we really get at them from the store we can get away with 3 massive points here.

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Honestly mate I think them losing is best. They can’t make European footy through the league, no chance of relegation.

Anyone who played against Roma for the full 90 will be tired. None of their players are going to fancy the kind of the game we are going to bring to them on the weekend. 

If we really get at them from the store we can get away with 3 massive points here.

Hopefully they rest vardy now, they won’t want him getting injured and missing pre season. 

we need to turn up with an intensity that is like that at home but I don’t think we will.  The players don’t seem to collectively have it within them.   The derby gave us hope that there is something there. Essentially if we run harder, longer, concentrate, clear from the back and press them in their half then we could could mentally erode them. 

the other piece is their fans will be very subdued, season over. One minute looking to book flight tickets now just playing out the season…..

not healthy all this wishful thinking lark.

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Could really do with Dwight McNeil doing his hamstring here, nothing too serious but enough to put him out for a few weeks!

He's been quite shit all season and now these last few weeks has found out how to be a proper player again. Just our luck

Just now, Hafnia said:

Let’s just for arguments sake say that every Burnley player is really good. Let’s imagine that 2-0 is a slender lead and not jinx ourselves 

Burnley and Southampton, in my eyes, are Real Madrid and Bayern. Amazing they're down, expecting a dramatic win for both in the second half. 

15 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Burnley and Southampton, in my eyes, are Real Madrid and Bayern. Amazing they're down, expecting a dramatic win for both in the second half. 

Could only see Soton doing that, as Brentford's defense can leak goals and Villa's usually doesn't