IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

If, and it's a big if, Leeds lose tomorrow and we manage to pick up 3 points it would put us at a huge advantage. That being said I'd actually take a point tomorrow, I think the games that are essential for us are Watford (A), and the two home games against Brentford and Palace.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I honestly think it could be Leeds that go down this year. They've got to play Arsenal and Chelsea, as well as Brighton at home who have the 4th most points on the road, whilst Leeds have the 17th worst home record. If they full on capitulate they might not pick up anymore points for the rest of the season. However, this is a relegation battle and anything can happen.

I think we need 7 points in the next 5 games to stay up.

It’s the manner of Burnley’s defeat that has pleased me here. Good reaction to going 1-0 down but then they completely capitulated once the 2nd went in. Hopefully that’s the new manager bubble burst

Still 5 minutes to go and half the fans have fucked off the other 10 look totally dejected

We have to assume that Burnley and/or Leeds will pick up 6 points and that we will face Watford and Brentford with an attitude that isn’t similar to the Chelsea, man United and Liverpool games. 

our players can not be trusted to apply themselves consistently every game. I wish they could but they just can’t. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We have to assume that Burnley and/or Leeds will pick up 6 points and that we will face Watford and Brentford with an attitude that isn’t similar to the Chelsea, man United and Liverpool games. 

our players can not be trusted to apply themselves consistently every game. I wish they could but they just can’t. 

You would hope , I agree that you can’t trust them , that the events of the past few weeks ( the 27 campaign ) will have brought the message home loud and clear. If they can’t get up for it after this then they shouldn’t be in football 

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You would hope , I agree that you can’t trust them , that the events of the past few weeks ( the 27 campaign ) will have brought the message home loud and clear. If they can’t get up for it after this then they shouldn’t be in football 

I’m having debates with my brother about lampard. He wanted more from him with regards away performances and tactics etc which I get… lampard has made a few bloopers but we can’t get away from the innate laziness of lack of care that the team has. 

it’s the most characterless Everton side I’ve seen. This lot could get any managed sacked.   Just watching man United now and they are so similar to us.  If they were near the bottom snd the players were getting serious heat they wouldn’t be losing to Brighton.

let’s hope Brighton stay like this for the Leeds match. 

Roy Hodgson walked off at palace after relegating watford and blew kisses to palace fans who were singing his name.  Didn’t go to the Watford fans and was seen laughing and joking with palace staff…..

their best defender/player was carded and will miss our game.

Surely their place is gonna be toxic with players, manager and fans in disharmony. Got to really capitalise. 

10 hours ago, RPG said:

As you also said, this is a relegation battle and anything can happen. I am more confident of getting a result at Leicester or Arsenal than I am of us beating Watford, Palace or Brentford. It seems that there is something in our mindset that unleashes more of the player's potential when they are not expected (or expecting) to win.

Not so much Arsenal or Leicester as we've only won 1 away from home all year. But I agree with what you're saying. I'm looking at Brentford and Palace, 6 points from those two would keep us up.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can I just flag my contribution to the last two games please, I've not watched a minute of either, in fact at half time today I went to the supermarket to get some beer in so just had the radio on.

I'll not be watching again until we're safe.

I appreciate the sacrifice you are making keep it up please 🙏 Mike 😂

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Can I just flag my contribution to the last two games please, I've not watched a minute of either, in fact at half time today I went to the supermarket to get some beer in so just had the radio on.

I had radio on…. Absolute torture, so difficult tension wise. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

You can never watch another game or I will find you and I will hurt you.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hey - I contributed, too! Remember, I was on a plane over the Atlantic during the Chelsea game. Yesterday, I was meeting for the first time with two first cousins with whom I've never met (I discovered them at the Ancestry dot com website). Even better, one of them is an avid Everton supporter: We both missed the game, clearly giving us a massive boost. :)