IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It is, if everyone around us starts winning every week then teams from higher up will be drawn in.

We can still mathematically finish on sixty-nine points, I call that in our own hands.

I call that pie in the sky Mike, so much so I will give you 25/1 that we don't even finish on 57 or above minimum bet £50.00 max £100.00 🤝

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I call that pie in the sky Mike, so much so I will give you 25/1 that we don't even finish on 57 or above minimum bet £50.00 max £100.00 🤝

I think Mike is just saying it is mathematically possible after you said it wasn't, nothing more.

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

WHam pick up a point when Chelsea were denied an obvious penalty late in the match on a handball by WHam defender.  Repeat: obvious, as every commentator observes.  When you see it, you’ll see how obvious.

Unreal. Spent ages reviewing an offside that the commentator called straight away, the same commentator spotted handball….. even Peter Walton couldn’t bullshit an excuse for it. 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Unreal. Spent ages reviewing an offside that the commentator called straight away, the same commentator spotted handball….. even Peter Walton couldn’t bullshit an excuse for it. 

I actually see both sides of it. 

The rule is that if you're falling and plant your arm (as you would if you're falling), it's not a penalty. 

But, Soucek clearly denied a goal-scoring opportunity by doing so. 

VAR is perpetually broken.

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I actually see both sides of it. 

The rule is that if you're falling and plant your arm (as you would if you're falling), it's not a penalty. 

But, Soucek clearly denied a goal-scoring opportunity by doing so. 

VAR is perpetually broken.

I think the key point is that Soucek deliberately went down, rather than the normal understanding of “falling.”  He deliberately went down and deliberately deflected the ball.  I’ll be surprised if any commentator, after noting the rule you cite, doesn’t go on to say, “But he wasn’t really falling, so it’s a clear handball.”

I don’t care one whit that Chelsea didn’t get the 3 points, but I care that WHam got a point.

28 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Both of Forest's center backs go off in the 7th minute with injury

Look at us….. we are already in that frame of mind where relegation rivals getting injuries in a source of optimism. 

I was researching how key paqueta is for West Ham after he went off.  It’s not a nice place to be. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Look at us….. we are already in that frame of mind where relegation rivals getting injuries in a source of optimism. 

I was researching how key paqueta is for West Ham after he went off.  It’s not a nice place to be. 

We were there a while ago, Haf. I'm not ashamed.  

Leicester are gonna be fine. 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We were there a while ago, Haf. I'm not ashamed.  

Leicester are gonna be fine. 

Not here, not yet; said i before but it's still very much in our own hands, I'll start worrying about those around us if we're still in the mire with a handful of games left.

The Dyche team that beat Arsenal stay up comfortably.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not here, not yet; said i before but it's still very much in our own hands, I'll start worrying about those around us if we're still in the mire with a handful of games left.

The Dyche team that beat Arsenal stay up comfortably.

Sure but how many times have we said that in the past after a good performance. And then we go out and look like shit for the following 4 games. 

Don't get me wrong, I am loving the good vibes around the team with Dyche in charge. But we've just seen it too many times to count where it doesn't last. So until we can pull ourselves comfortably clear, I'm going to continue to closely monitor the teams around us.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sure but how many times have we said that in the past after a good performance. And then we go out and look like shit for the following 4 games. 

Difference is that Dyche is currently 100% positive, and unless or until I see his selection/tactics capitulate he's in the black.

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Difference is that Dyche is currently 100% positive, and unless or until I see his selection/tactics capitulate he's in the black.

Dyche has been saying what a few of us have been saying; we've got some very good players and a good squad that just need some belief. He will add structure too. I'm still not remotely worried because of how he is. If Frank was here without a striker brought in I'd be nervous too but the situation changed with a seasoned and disciplined manager being brought in. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

It's not HIS anything that I'm worried about. His tactics and team selection could be masterful. We are still relying on a bunch of maddeningly inconsistent players to apply themselves. I want to believe I really do. I'm gonna ignore the LIV game but if we beat Leeds then I'll start drinking the cool aid some more! 

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

It's not HIS anything that I'm worried about. His tactics and team selection could be masterful. We are still relying on a bunch of maddeningly inconsistent players to apply themselves. I want to believe I really do. I'm gonna ignore the LIV game but if we beat Leeds then I'll start drinking the cool aid some more! 

This is what I was getting at.

We beat Leeds 3-0 in February last year in one of Frank's first games in charge, he was saying all the right things, everything looked rosy. Then we went and lost 6 of 7 in the league. 

I'll believe it when I see it consistently.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We beat Leeds 3-0 in February last year in one of Frank's first games in charge, he was saying all the right things, everything looked rosy. Then we went and lost 6 of 7 in the league. 

Tbf Sean is a different beast to Frank.

25 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Tbf Sean is a different beast to Frank.

tng we were saying that frank was a different beast to blah blah. We were optimistic as we had a highly capable coaching staff (clement) and oh how good was it when they practiced corners in the warm up of a game and then we were finally defending them.

11 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I believe Lampard was always going to struggle in this job, he never had the experience as a coach to take on such a huge job that required someone with the hard years in management. I've mentioned in the past that good players aren't a recipe for good managers. The difference Dyche offers is years of experience and ups and downs, and learning his craft the hard way from working under managers and building his way up from the bottom, there won't be many situations and surprises that Dyche hasn't faced before with us, which has given him the confidence and experience to deal with, and the same couldn't be said of Lampard who was still very much in his apprenticeship as a manager, and never put in the hard years of coaching before taking his first managerial post, in fact he never did a day coaching under another manager. For me always destined to struggle and fail.