IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

43 minutes ago, RPG said:

I like Frank Lampard and wish him well for the future but, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, I now think he was the wrong manager at the wrong time for us and we were the wrong club at the wrong time for him. He certainly gave everything he had - it just wasn't enough for the situation that we were, and still are, in.

Dyche, as you rightly say, has been there, seen it and done it all before and is 'old school' and takes no prisoners. I think he will keep us up and I also think he will be the making of several of our squad and the breaking of one or two of our players - which may be no bad thing imho.

In many ways, next season could well show what a Moyes Everton team with money could have achieved as Dyche and Moyes seem to approach the job in similar ways - but I wouldn't swap.

Don't get me wrong I didn't dislike Lampard in fact quite the opposite, he wore his heart on his leave he spoke with a passion about the team and supporters. Fuck he tried his hardest so much so it was taking mentally and physically a lot out of him, I can't recall many or if anyone on here shouting for his head I certainly know I wasn't, and that was because as a person I loved the way he felt about us and the fact he cared and gave his all, and when you feel like that about a manager or a player you reciprocate that feeling towards them. Unfortunately it was too big a mess for him with his experience to sort out I said that from day one and maintained it till today, but I love and respect him and who knows in 5-10 years with more experience under his belt I'd have him back with open arms, I still feel that his time here isn't over for good and he could return and be the legend we all wanted him to be. 

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I was a big proponent of Frank Lampard when his name emerged as potential manager. Once appointed, it was clear he was passionate to succeed, and he brought in a seasoned team of specialty trainers. Maybe, in the end, his approach was too analytical. I'll always be grateful, though, for his role in surviving last season. I really wanted him to succeed, and rue the fact that these days there's little patience, but I agree that Dyche does appear to be the right type of manager for now: gutsy, experienced, solid. Lampard's a good guy, and I hope he learns from his time at Everton and succeeds in the long-term.

I pretty much agree with all this. I was also thinking he may have over analytical and potentially trying to give to instructions.

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

From Woan's interview he, Dyche and Stone are mates as well as colleagues, have discussions and final decision rests with 'The Gaffer'. I wonder whether Frank relied too much on Clement due to his lack of experience?

I don’t think Frank listened. Over cautious, over thought things too. 

4 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

What makes you think Frank didn't listen? I find it hard to believe he didn't listen to his coaching staff that he hand picked or to Seamus. He certainly listened to what the fans had to say. 

If he listened to clements then there is no way clements was the number 2 that ancelotti rated so highly. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If he listened to clements then there is no way clements was the number 2 that ancelotti rated so highly. 

I guess it depends on what Ancellotti wanted from Clement?

Clement has had a couple of unsuccessful managerial stints himself which suggest he isn't a master tactician himself.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The results over the last couple of weekends have taken the gloss off our result at Arsenal a bit. Feels like its another massive game (more than usual) that we need to be getting something out of as it just seems like anyone can beat anyone at the moment.

I think that was always going to be the case. The good news is we've shown we can beat the likes of Arsenal, so we should go into this without fear.  

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I would tend to agree with you. Things where not working, game tactic left a lot to desire, you would have hoped other would have been having an input. Football just began to all feel a bit naive towards the end and him inexperience was becoming very telling. Either he wasn't getting much or good advice or he was not listening to it. Either way - he and they all feel, and there can be little excuse toward the end. 

There seems to be a very close bond and trust between Dyche, Woan and Stone. I imagine Woan has no bother in telling Dyche if he's doesn't think he is using an player to the best of his ability. I imagine they are all very candid with each other.

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

There seems to be a very close bond and trust between Dyche, Woan and Stone. I imagine Woan has no bother in telling Dyche if he's doesn't think he is using an player to the best of his ability. I imagine they are all very candid with each other.

Do you think the board have noticed?

We are such a blunt team. I'll be surprised if we score 5 goals between now and the end of the season. I can't see DCL staying fit enough to play a significant role.

It's sickening that all out hopes for surviving this season are pinned on a striker that has played less than 50% of our games over the last two seasons and has scored just 6 Premier League goals in that time.

45 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Before these two games we'd all have taken three points from them in a heartbeat.

We've got 3 more than I expected. 

Reading the BBC text was embarrassing though, so blatantly red. Any time a positive comment about Everton was made there was 1500 down votes to 200 and vice versa. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've got 3 more than I expected. 

Reading the BBC text was embarrassing though, so blatantly red. Any time a positive comment about Everton was made there was 1500 down votes to 200 and vice versa. 

I wanted a performance that built on what we seen vs arsenal.  We didn’t get that, we seen the usual soft character of the team emerge.   3 points has kept us in around the pack to try and avoid the drop..,,.. there is a shit load of work to be done with that team.

I expect dyche to work the shit out of them. Gloves off. 

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Before these two games we'd all have taken three points from them in a heartbeat.

This thought crossed my mind towards the end of the match. And sure, two weeks ago, 3 points, you take that. But I agree with what Haf says above. The performance tonight shows that the Arsenal game might well have been a one off rather than a sign of things turning around.

10 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

This thought crossed my mind towards the end of the match. And sure, two weeks ago, 3 points, you take that. But I agree with what Haf says above. The performance tonight shows that the Arsenal game might well have been a one off rather than a sign of things turning around.

We’ve seen this side run through brick walls under lampard and then the next week turn up with pipe and slippers. I’m assuming dyche is too angry to speak to sky.