IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Very possible. I could see it. 

My concern is the atmosphere for home games. If the crowd are up for it (Arsenal, Leeds, Newcastle) we can get some wins. If the crowd is quiet (Wolves and plenty of others) I can see us struggling. I’m genuinely going to the game as concerned about the crowd as I am the team. I know this team is a let down waiting to happen, but the crowd can drag them out of it when in the mood. United and Leicester could be massive, unexpected points on the board, if we’ve got a crowd who fancy it. 

You are bright about the team, a let down waiting to happen.

if we survive then I am thoroughly going to enjoy the clear out. 

lampard will be giving plenty of youth a chance. 

Current status: 35 points

Brentford (H): 3 points
Burnley (A): 3 points (actual: 0 points)
Leeds (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Newcastle (H): 3 points (actual: 3 points)
Palace (H): 3 points
Watford (A): 3 points

Leicester (H): 1 point
Southampton (A): 1 point (actual: 0 points)
Wolves (H): 1 point (actual: 0 points)

Arsenal (A): 0 points
Chelsea (H): 0 points
Leicester (A): 0 points
Liverpool (A): 0 points
Man City (H): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
Man United (H): 0 points
Spurs (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)
West Ham (A): 0 points (actual: 0 points)

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Still in our hands guys. People are talking like we’re already down. 
We’re in a better position than the three teams below us…… and I would rather be where we are than where they are.

Bloody good job you guys don’t believe in the laws of attraction haha.

Burnley are one point behind us.  I wonder if quite a few people would trade that point for their schedule.  Really tough run in for us ahead.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Still in our hands guys. People are talking like we’re already down. 
We’re in a better position than the three teams below us…… and I would rather be where we are than where they are.

Bloody good job you guys don’t believe in the laws of attraction haha.

I agree we are in a better position than those below us, but Burnley are in a much better position going forward than we are, have you not seen the comparable fixture lists, I’d love to believe we will get something against the shite, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Leicester, and will have everything crossed we do, but my scepticism won’t allow it anymore, any faith I’ve ever had in this set of players has long gone.  

22 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I have mate. And I would still 100% have it in our own hands, than rely on others losing.

I don’t believe any teams deserves to be in the premier league if they finish in the bottom three. And I believe the team that finishes fourth from bottom deserves to stay. Our form to this point is still telling me we deserve to be here next season.

Look at Norwich. They are dead and buried. But look at their results and you’ll find they have beaten teams above them. 

We didn’t play badly last night, we weren’t decisive enough and we lost to mistakes. Another night and we would have won that. And this is the reason that I believe we can still take points from any match we play.

Ill he there Saturday and I’ll be shouting our team on. It’s our club, not the boards. The fans can influence the team a hell of a lot more than the board can.

That’s the attitude we all need to have, and primarily the players need to have some self belief, but we do need to get some points on the board soon.

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I have mate. And I would still 100% have it in our own hands, than rely on others losing.

I don’t believe any teams deserves to be in the premier league if they finish in the bottom three. And I believe the team that finishes fourth from bottom deserves to stay. Our form to this point is still telling me we deserve to be here next season.

Look at Norwich. They are dead and buried. But look at their results and you’ll find they have beaten teams above them. 

We didn’t play badly last night, we weren’t decisive enough and we lost to mistakes. Another night and we would have won that. And this is the reason that I believe we can still take points from any match we play.

Ill he there Saturday and I’ll be shouting our team on. It’s our club, not the boards. The fans can influence the team a hell of a lot more than the board can.

How many times are we going to say that this season though?

Its the mistakes that are killing us and the keep happening game after game after game.  Personally I haven given up all hope of us staying up because I just don’t believe these players have the fight in them. We have 9 games left and are 1 point above the relegation zone and the manager doesn’t know what his best staring XI or even best formation is and that’s very grim even before you look at the fixture list

Burnley will be on a real high now and I think they have some very winnable games coming up starting with Norwich this weekend so I just can’t see how we are going to stay up

Will it stop me cheering them on and getting behind them with everything I’ve got? Will it fuck ( as long as I get my voice back after last night)

I also don’t think there is anything to fear about the Goodison crowd, most of us know with 100% certainty that the players are not going to get us out of it and that the only chance we do have is going to be the atmosphere the Goodison crowd creates. So even if we go a goal down I still expect the crowd to get right behind them

31 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

How many times are we going to say that this season though?

Its the mistakes that are killing us and the keep happening game after game after game.  Personally I haven given up all hope of us staying up because I just don’t believe these players have the fight in them. We have 9 games left and are 1 point above the relegation zone and the manager doesn’t know what his best staring XI or even best formation is and that’s very grim even before you look at the fixture list

Burnley will be on a real high now and I think they have some very winnable games coming up starting with Norwich this weekend so I just can’t see how we are going to stay up

Will it stop me cheering them on and getting behind them with everything I’ve got? Will it fuck ( as long as I get my voice back after last night)

I also don’t think there is anything to fear about the Goodison crowd, most of us know with 100% certainty that the players are not going to get us out of it and that the only chance we do have is going to be the atmosphere the Goodison crowd creates. So even if we go a goal down I still expect the crowd to get right behind them

I'm sure the manager knows full well what his best starting XI and formation is, but the list of unavailable players changes by the day. It's not easy to work around that.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'm sure the manager knows full well what his best starting XI and formation is, but the list of unavailable players changes by the day. It's not easy to work around that.

It’s his job to work round that, he should have a plan A-Z. He wasn’t given the job for his excuse making abilities, he was given it to achieve results. If the fundamentals aren’t in place we’re going to continue to struggle. Pass to a man in a blue shirt, stay focused, cut out the schoolboy errors. These are things that you learn well as a schoolboy.

18 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I do think at times we are better suited when the onus is on the opposition to dictate the game but at the moment defensively we are all over the place, it’s almost like the back four are having a private competition to see who can make the most fuck ups

This isn’t the United of old though so we should get stuck in to them from the first minute to the last and the crowd will respond and we might just get a win we desperately need

That is probably why we are better when we let teams onto us because its easier to sit deep and protect the defence.

I completely agree with the second bit too. They only seem to play well in patches so even if they do start well or go ahead, there will be a chance for us to get back into it.

13 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

It’s his job to work round that, he should have a plan A-Z. He wasn’t given the job for his excuse making abilities, he was given it to achieve results. If the fundamentals aren’t in place we’re going to continue to struggle. Pass to a man in a blue shirt, stay focused, cut out the schoolboy errors. These are things that you learn well as a schoolboy.

No manager in any football club has a plan for every single possible scenario. It’s not realistic. He’ll have an idea who his best is in what position, likely second and third, and a few formations he will like to use. 
He could have plan A on the pitch and a full strength squad, doesn’t guarantee we win games though. 
If all of these basics, and I agree they are basics, were still so easy then no team would ever give the ball away, no team would make a mistake leading to a goal. It happens. Unfortunately for us it’s happening a lot. 
If anyone has watched us play from almost any point this season after the first month it’s clear to see a turnaround wasn’t going to just happen in a short space of time. This mess didn’t just happen in January, it’s been a long time coming. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

That is probably why we are better when we let teams onto us because its easier to sit deep and protect the defence.

I completely agree with the second bit too. They only seem to play well in patches so even if they do start well or go ahead, there will be a chance for us to get back into it.

I think if you look back at the results as well we’ve hurt ourselves as much as teams have hurt us.

Performances haven’t been great and we all know that but it’s the individual errors that are hurting us the most and costing us points. Performances wise I actually think whilst we have been shit we could be on more points. 

9 games to go - if we don’t make these stupid errors we can pick enough points for safety.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

One positive I am trying to find arguably two of our best performances have come against City and West Ham. They are the two best sides we have faced so maybe we will turn up to the tougher games.

This is what I’m hanging my hope on.

On 07/04/2022 at 07:11, Cornish Steve said:

Current status: 35 points

Man United (H): 0 points

Well Steve, there's our 3 expected points lost against Burnley 😀

Current status: 38 points

Man United (H): 0 points (actual: 3 points)

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Started the weekend at evens for the drop with the bookies, now 5/2.

Big couple of days, but we need to back it up.

If all the players go at Leicester with the intensity we did against man United we will have a very good chance. 

id look at playing dobbin or rondon unless dcl shows something in training that suggests he can put a shift in. We can’t have any passengers at all. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

If all the players go at Leicester with the intensity we did against man United we will have a very good chance. 

id look at playing dobbin or rondon unless dcl shows something in training that suggests he can put a shift in. We can’t have any passengers at all. 

Yep. Start Rondon bring DCL on if needed.