IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

Sorry, but Rondon isn't up to it. The very thought that he should start at such a critical juncture worries the tar out of me. Either play Richarlison as our main striker or start Dobbin.

I don’t think any of them are serious….  It’s just a way to have another dig.

Or they could be serious. If so ignore it…. Just means they really don’t have a clue about football.

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think any of them are serious….  It’s just a way to have another dig.

Or they could be serious. If so ignore it…. Just means they really don’t have a clue about football.

It really isn’t shukes.  

dcl is offering numbers reminiscent of what rondon was doing when completely unfit.

Try and judge him on the basis of what you see not what you think he could do

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It really isn’t shukes.  

dcl is offering numbers reminiscent of what rondon was doing when completely unfit.

Try and judge him on the basis of what you see not what you think he could do

I am mate.

Rondon has offered absolutely nothing his whole time of being here.

DCL even when unfit is offering more. 

People who are more knowledgeable than us when it comes to football are making these decisions.

Lets back them and trust them, rather than let our emotions misguide us.

51 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I am mate.

People who are more knowledgeable than us when it comes to football are making these decisions.

If you follow that suggestion to its logical conclusion then let’s just not critique formations, selections, substitutions….. let the answer be “they know more than us”

the fact that he has been substituted in the last 3 games tells you he isn’t doing what the manager wants… the manager is trusting him to do a job based on what he has done and it’s not been rewarded and there is a limit to that goodwill. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If you follow that suggestion to its logical conclusion then let’s just not critique formations, selections, substitutions….. let the answer be “they know more than us”

the fact that he has been substituted in the last 3 games tells you he isn’t doing what the manager wants… the manager is trusting him to do a job based on what he has done and it’s not been rewarded and there is a limit to that goodwill. 

And yet he isn’t exactly turning to Rondon to come on in place of him is he? We brought a winger on and pushed a wide forward into a central role rather than bring Rondon on against United. It doesn’t suggest Lampard trusts Rondon to do a job either.

Quite right too, I wouldn’t trust him to either. He struggled against Boreham Wood’s defenders and only had any joy against them towards the end of the game because they’re a non-league side and their fitness didn’t hold out for the full game.

If he can’t do it against non-league defenders then he’s got no chance in the PL.

Thats not to say we should just keep going with Dom but Rondon is not the answer to any question other than who’s on the list for us to get rid of this summer?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I am mate.

DCL is a disappointment whether he is fit, returning from injury or out. I’d rather have a player who is 100% focused on our team flourishing that a lad more arsed about photo shoots and dicking about. Get rid of him to any team stupid enough (United) or light on strikers (Arsenal) to pay a decent wedge and take a gamble on Tammy Abraham or Noni Madueke at PSV Eindhoven.

4 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

DCL is a disappointment whether he is fit, returning from injury or out. I’d rather have a player who is 100% focused on our team flourishing that a lad more arsed about photo shoots and dicking about. Get rid of him to any team stupid enough (United) or light on strikers (Arsenal) to pay a decent wedge and take a gamble on Tammy Abraham or Noni Madueke at PSV Eindhoven

100% agree.

im sure some of our fans elevate their appraisal of players based on their media profile vs player profile. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And yet he isn’t exactly turning to Rondon to come on in place of him is he? We brought a winger on and pushed a wide forward into a central role rather than bring Rondon on against United. It doesn’t suggest Lampard trusts Rondon to do a job either.

Quite right too, I wouldn’t trust him to either. He struggled against Boreham Wood’s defenders and only had any joy against them towards the end of the game because they’re a non-league side and their fitness didn’t hold out for the full game.

If he can’t do it against non-league defenders then he’s got no chance in the PL.

Thats not to say we should just keep going with Dom but Rondon is not the answer to any question other than who’s on the list for us to get rid of this summer?

Maybe rondon isn’t the answer, but I’ve not seen him play as bad as dcl and if he knocked on lampards door and asked “how the fuck is he playing ahead of me?”….. it wouldn’t be an unreasonable question. 

not sure if dobbin could be a number 9 but let’s be honest , rondon had bullied defenders more than dcl. It’s a shit situation…. Either way dcl needs firing out the door in July. 

Oh dear!   Looks like Leeds have got themselves a yank John Gregory/Alan Curbishley…..

jessie marsch on talksport basically threw Bielsa under the bus, blamed him for injuries…… full of himself and talking like the prem is a doddle cos he’s won a few games,    
has he looked at Leeds remaining fixtures?!

many Leeds fans will not forgive him for that as bielsa gave them their club back. 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Oh dear!   Looks like Leeds have got themselves a yank John Gregory/Alan Curbishley…..

jessie marsch on talksport basically threw Bielsa under the bus, blamed him for injuries…… full of himself and talking like the prem is a doddle cos he’s won a few games,    
has he looked at Leeds remaining fixtures?!

many Leeds fans will not forgive him for that as bielsa gave them their club back. 

Not just the fans, I'm sure. The players won't respond well to such brash boasting.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Genuinely did not see that coming.

Really hope it's too late to salvage their season, otherwise with the new manager bump we could be in trouble.

Though we never really had a new manager bump, so there goes that theory lol

The new manager bump thing is an example of my ignorance.  I guess it’s a commonplace, including on TT, and I’ve just never noticed it.

But my “Whoa!” reaction was in the opposite direction, even if wrongheaded, as their sacking Dyche struck me as a sign of panic at Burnley, which might hurt them in the run-in.  It is being called “shock news,” so doesn’t that suggest the punditry, at least, is sensing panic more than bump?  Help.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

My lad is telling me Burnley are interested in FSW, surely he couldn’t fuck us up and save Burnley in the same season.

If anything it would be the opposite IMO

Chris Wilder and Rooney are the bookie's faves, closely followed by Allardyce and Michael Duff.

Anyone else 20/1+.

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Chris Wilder and Rooney are the bookie's faves, closely followed by Allardyce and Michael Duff.

Anyone else 20/1+.

This is where the bookies start making money.   Rooney??? As if he would manage the team where survival could mean relegation for Everton having refused to talk to Everton cos he had a job to do at derby. 

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Though we never really had a new manager bump, so there goes that theory lol

Under Rafa we won something like one in 14 games. Under Frank we’ve beaten Leeds, Newcastle and United in less than 14 games. I’d take that as a bump. 
But I actually don’t believe in a new manager bump to be honest. 

37 minutes ago, RPG said:

It's not just late in the season, it's late in the week and they play West Ham tomorrow!

If Burnley don't win at West Ham and we beat Leicester then there will be some real space between us and the bottom three.

I just don’t see who they can get in that’s got a better chance of keeping them up than Dyche. 

Absolutely, if that happens they will be under a mountain of pressure and we can start to aim towards 14th.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It depends on whether dyche had lost the dressing room.  If he lost the dressing room you may get players like jay Rodriguez and McNeil come in from the cold. 

Yeah you never know. Just think it’s a strange decision.

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It depends on whether dyche had lost the dressing room.  If he lost the dressing room you may get players like jay Rodriguez and McNeil come in from the cold. 

I very much agree with that. Also was Dyche in the mind set that know matter what the outcome he felt he was invincible and safe, and the owners have shown no one is bigger than the club. The Norwich loss sealed his fate as much as in the manner of their loss than the loss it’s self. Burnley showed very little fight for a team that were fighting for their lives, the owners have realised that they have no chance of staying up playing like that, and refusing to throw the towel in they are trying to create in charge in the attitude and dynamics with in the team. Whether they can find anyone better than Dyche who’s made a reputation out of fighting at the bottom of the league, I very much doubt it but I don’t blame them for trying.