IGNORED

Boreham Wood (H) FA Cup 5th round Thurs 3rd Mar 20:15

FairWooney

Boreham Wood pulled off a great shock win at Bournemouth in the last round and played a really good game in doing so, they shouldn't be underestimated and will be well up for this, the biggest game in their history but given our recent performances at home under Frank I think we should deal with this one and and put them away fairly comfortably.  The important thing is to do like we have done in the last couple of games at home and impose ourselves early on with the fast pressing and high tempo that the fans also feed off of.  Obviously the difference being that I'd expect we'll have a majority of the ball and they will focus on keeping tight at the back but I'm sure we have the quality especially if we play with that early energy to break through them early on.

I'm going with a few changes to give players a run out and others a rest

Begovic

Patterson         Keane  Branthwaite     Mykolenko

Allan            Doucoure

Townsend                 Gordon                   Gray

Richarlison

Subs:

Pickford, Holgate, Coleman, Kenny, Gomes, Iwobi, Rondon, Onyango, Dobbin

3 defensive changes is a bit of a risk but Coleman needs a break, Patterson needs to get a game and as long as his head is in the right place Mykolenko should be getting a game as well.  Either Keane or Holage could drop out for Branthwaite but I've kept Keane in more for his experience in an otherwise inexperienced defence.

I'd like Allan to have a rest but Gomes is the only person I could replace him with and I think, especially with the defensive changes that it wouldn't be wise to leave out the best player for breaking up attacks in the middle.

I would have liked to have rested Gordon and/or Richarlison but wouldn't waste time on Rondon and not sure about throwing Dobbin in either.  Iwobi could play but I'd prefer the direct attack from Townsend/Gordon/Gray combination.

If winning comfortably I'd get Allan, Richarlison and Gordon off.

I'm going to say we put them away well here and keep the "giant killing" ITV commentary quiet.

4-1

Gordon x2, Gray and Richarlison to score

Hibbert fan boy Kane Smith can have a goal for them!

Begovic
Patterson Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko
Onyango Holgate
Townsend Dele El Ghazi
Cenk

No way I'm risking Doucoure after that shift against City coming off injury. I could see Allan/Richarlison/Gray for 45 mins but also not risking it. Would prefer not to play Holgate in midfield but I think Gomes is out? If the team above can't beat a team in the National League that may be the most ridiculous result of our season, and there have been plenty. 

7 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Begovic
Onyango Holgate
Townsend Dele El Ghazi
Cenk

No way I'm risking Doucoure after that shift against City coming off injury. I could see Allan/Richarlison/Gray for 45 mins but also not risking it. Would prefer not to play Holgate in midfield but I think Gomes is out? If the team above can't beat a team in the National League that may be the most ridiculous result of our season, and there have been plenty. 

El Ghazi and Dele are cup tied.

I’d be giving Keane the game off as any kind of mistake would be disastrous for his confidence and we are going to be relying on him for the next month at least.

Priority is to keep as much of our first team fresh for the league.

Begovic

Patterson* Holgate Branthwaite Myko

Onyango          Gomes 

Gordon               Iwobi                   Gray 

Tosun/Rondon 

*Kenny probably deserves a go at RB in his favoured position though. Pretty hard to pick a midfield but we need doucs & Allan fresh after their efforts on the weekend. Tosun/Rondon both offer little up front but needs must I guess. 

15 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d be giving Keane the game off as any kind of mistake would be disastrous for his confidence and we are going to be relying on him for the next month at least.

Begovic

Onyango          Gomes 

Tosun/Rondon 

Pretty hard to pick a midfield but we need doucs & Allan fresh after their efforts on the weekend. Tosun/Rondon both offer little up front but needs must I guess. 

I'd normally think dropping him could also destroy his confidence, but given the opponent (no disrespect as these games can be tough) it's probably the best time to do it. 

22 minutes ago, Btay said:

Begovic

Onyango          Gomes 

Tosun/Rondon 

Pretty hard to pick a midfield but we need doucs & Allan fresh after their efforts on the weekend. Tosun/Rondon both offer little up front but needs must I guess. 

This is a must win game if we lose this the team’s belief and confidence will be hit so hard I fear we won’t recover from it, we need to start with the best team we can put out and hopefully we finish them off early in the game, then we can take the players off that are important for league safety. 

4 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I'd normally think dropping him could also destroy his confidence, but given the opponent (no disrespect as these games can be tough) it's probably the best time to do it. 

It’s tough one but I think a mistake will do more damage to him than leaving him out - at least Lampard can tell him it’s because he needs him for the league and can’t risk an injury to him.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

This is a must win game if we lose this the team’s belief and confidence will be hit so hard I fear we won’t recover from it, we need to start with the best team we can put out and hopefully we finish them off early in the game, then we can take the players off that are important for league safety. 

Perhaps but we can’t afford injuries either as our squad is so thin. Hopefully by the next round we have some more bodies back and can rotate safely.

Fielding a complete B team is suicide and could end up embarrassing. Yes the individual players should still be of a higher quality but we would be playing against a team that all know their roles and how to play together. We'd probably look clueless as a team and would have to rely on some individual magic. I'd play mostly first team bar some of our more injury prone / players who need a rest, we can then use subs to either play some kids if it's going well or use our first teamers to kill off the game if we're struggling.

20 hours ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Fielding a complete B team is suicide and could end up embarrassing. Yes the individual players should still be of a higher quality but we would be playing against a team that all know their roles and how to play together. We'd probably look clueless as a team and would have to rely on some individual magic. I'd play mostly first team bar some of our more injury prone / players who need a rest, we can then use subs to either play some kids if it's going well or use our first teamers to kill off the game if we're struggling.

You only need to look at the Telford game from the 80s to know that lower league teams will potentially injure our players.

we need to wrap a few in cotton wool, we’ve seen what injuries have done to us.

I’d rest doucoure, Richarlison, Allan, vDB, have them on bench if needed. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

You only need to look at the Telford game from the 80s to know that lower league teams will potentially injure our players.

we need to wrap a few in cotton wool, we’ve seen what injuries have done to us.

I’d rest doucoure, Richarlison, Allan, vDB, have them on bench if needed. 

Donny is cup tied anyway.

This is going to need to be said every round we stay in :lol:.

On 28/02/2022 at 16:17, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Begovic
Onyango Holgate
Townsend Dele El Ghazi
Cenk

If the starting XI is anywhere near that tomorrow I will walk straight out of the ground and will be writing a strongly worded letter to the club demanding my money back then I will probably just give up supporting Everton

Can't wait to see Dele tomorrow, going to have a cheeky bet on him to score first (this game is made for him to make his mark IMO). Van de Beek in the midfield just keeping things ticking over and after him not being in and around the squad, I'm really excited to see what El Ghazi can bring to the table. 

Really looking forward to it.

45 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Can't wait to see Dele tomorrow, going to have a cheeky bet on him to score first (this game is made for him to make his mark IMO). Van de Beek in the midfield just keeping things ticking over and after him not being in and around the squad, I'm really excited to see what El Ghazi can bring to the table. 

Really looking forward to it.

TT takes jokes too far.

Fucking arseholes, the lot of you.

I’ll guess it will be .....

Begovic

Kenny   Holgate    Branthwaite    Mykolenko

Allan        Gomes

Townsend          Iwobi               Gordon

Tosun

Bench — Pickford, Coleman, Patterson, Keane, Doucouré, Gray, Richarlison, Rondon