IGNORED

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Personally, despite all the criticism in the press, I think we've had a decent window so far and it's going to get better. The rumours have been mostly that: rumours. The real negotiations have been behind the scenes, which is the right way to do it. It also looks like a couple of youngsters, at least, will soon get their chance. I'm really hoping we can shift Gomes and Rondon; that, too, would be a step forward.

22 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally, despite all the criticism in the press, I think we've had a decent window so far and it's going to get better. The rumours have been mostly that: rumours. The real negotiations have been behind the scenes, which is the right way to do it. It also looks like a couple of youngsters, at least, will soon get their chance. I'm really hoping we can shift Gomes and Rondon; that, too, would be a step forward.

If we do end up with the general consensus that we’ve had a solid window I expect that our supporters will remember next time around to have some patience. Surely they will give our management more credit and not rush to judgement before a ball is kicked. Yes, I’m sure that’s what will happen.

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don’t think we can afford to let Rondon go anywhere now that Simms has gone out to Sunderland on loan. Going into the season with an injury prone DCL as our only recognised senior striker would be suicidal

Even if we manage to get another striker in, as I expect we will , we need to keep hold of Rondon for now

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-gives-away-transfer-24630783

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t think we can afford to let Rondon go anywhere now that Simms has gone out to Sunderland on loan. Going into the season with an injury prone DCL as our only recognised senior striker would be suicidal

Even if we manage to get another striker in, as I expect we will , we need to keep hold of Rondon for now

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-gives-away-transfer-24630783

We're going to get another striker. I just see no point in keeping Rondon. Sorry, but he doesn't have the ability even to be a backup.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't really think we will see Rondon go either unless management see Alli as being capable of playing up front on his own. 

Whilst I wouldn't want to rely on him for a period of games, having him come on for 10-15 minutes at the end when we need a goal wouldn't be a bad reason to keep Rondon around. 

Worth noting Rondon is only on 20k a week. I think he can have some utility if we need to press the ball late or in desperation as a second striker. For that amount of money I don’t think anyone should care much if he stays as long as we do bring in another option or have a plan for when DCL inevitably misses some games.

58 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't really think we will see Rondon go either unless management see Alli as being capable of playing up front on his own. 

Whilst I wouldn't want to rely on him for a period of games, having him come on for 10-15 minutes at the end when we need a goal wouldn't be a bad reason to keep Rondon around. 

Just tell him not to even attempt a tackle. Can't be doing with watching that.

What about that guy from the other night who scored a penalty for us? At least he's got 100% scoring record. 

I can see it now... We play ten at the back till the 89th minute, then hit them on the counter by surprise. Anthony Gordon sets off towards their goal, gets inside the box, one stepover, two stopovers, knocks it round a panicking Arrizabalaga, who in desperation sweeps the through-on-goal Gordon's legs away with his outstretched left hand. Down goes Gordon, the referee whistles. Chelsea players surround him, as from the darkness of the tunnel emerges our hero... He takes off his hoodie and performs a couple of stretches as Anthony Gordon hobbles toward the dugout. Our hero heeds a few last words of advice from the manager before trotting calmly towards the penalty spot. He doesn't even check the position of the ball. As the referee blows, our hero trots straight up to the ball. He gives the keeper the eye, sending him flying to the left as he keenly Panenka's the stricken Arrizabalaga straight down the middle. The crowd goes wild, some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over.... but it's not, Everton get fined £200,000 for fielding an ineligible player, and the match is ruled void, a further fine of £500,000 for the pitch invasion, and ordered to play the next 6 games with no home fans. Meanwhile, DCL is spotted coming out of a hairdressers while the match is on.

Shit!

Can we put Keane up front?

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If it's true we're bringing in Gana and Onana, where is the money to spend on a forward? Surely going to have to be a loan with some clever financing on KT's part

Onana would be about £7m per year, Gana about £2.5m per year, McNeil about £4m per year. We didn’t add that much last summer in transfer fees, a little bit in January. 
Money still coming in for Digne, Kean, possibly some for Rodriguez. 
We’ve probably got a bit more left in the pot yet. A loan wouldn’t be a problem either. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

Onana would be about £7m per year, Gana about £2.5m per year, McNeil about £4m per year. We didn’t add that much last summer in transfer fees, a little bit in January. 
Money still coming in for Digne, Kean, possibly some for Rodriguez. 
We’ve probably got a bit more left in the pot yet. A loan wouldn’t be a problem either. 

Lampard said today that we don't need to sell to buy, so there must be a decent amount of room to work in.

If we didn’t sell anyone this year, we would still have room to buy. 

In assuming football clubs still have to pay corporate tax.

We also sold a lot later for 60m. Not had that amount in cash, but still owed 60m. This is added to the pot.

Little snippet. Wren reworked their showrooms last year….. for nothing….. all of them.

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

If we didn’t sell anyone this year, we would still have room to buy. 

In assuming football clubs still have to pay corporate tax.

We also sold a lot later for 60m. Not had that amount in cash, but still owed 60m. This is added to the pot.

Little snippet. Wren reworked their showrooms last year….. for nothing….. all of them.

It's not only about this year having a better net spend vs last year....we have to also compensate for the fact that the FFP year that rolls off the calculation was significantly better (lower losses) than the season being added (last year).

10 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Did you meet the boss, o heard from a guy who contracted to their HO his was a bit of a shit who threw his weight about unnecessary 

Never met him, but spoke to a few who do know him and sounds about right. But I did steal the Income tax spending from him haha.

8 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

It's not only about this year having a better net spend vs last year....we have to also compensate for the fact that the FFP year that rolls off the calculation was significantly better (lower losses) than the season being added (last year).

Income tax is based on profit, so you can spend it freely without impacting your profit. 
Freely probably isn’t the right word haha.

24 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Are tax and FFP inextricably linked? or are we talking at cross purposes (I wasn't referring to tax at all)

I’m really not sure. It’s a business so I presume they are governed by the same rules as us…. Surely the amount of money that goes through football clubs would be….. but you can never be sure with the corruption in football.

Yes but the point about FFP has no bearing to tax as tax is about a given year whereas FFP is a rolling 3-4 yr period. My point was before we start calculating what we have to spend based on sales and reduced wages...we need to first consider that the year rolling off is significantly better than the one being added.

of course there are other outs and takes such as improved commercial deals etc.