IGNORED

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

We just have to hold our nerve, the new DOF and Lampard have done well with our signings so far, we have been unlucky with injuries, but we should have signed a striker as a priority. Everyone knows we need a striker so I can only assume the players we want were unavailable, out of our price range or clubs waiting for other deals.

Its tough, but being an Evertonian is a constant diet of tough. When the window is over we will know, I trust that we will sign at least one attacking midfield, 1 defensive midfield and a striker and keep Gordon. If we sell Gordon then add at least two more players to the incoming.

We just have to wait, stiff upper lift time!!

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Isn’t this the week we were told there will be changes to the squad, so let’s hold out till the end of the week and see what they have lined up. At the moment defence is looking more than adequate midfield and frontline needs improvement, if we don’t get the right players in to improve us soon then we can expect a season full of how we have started. We definitely don’t need anymore signings of the quality of McNeil he’s PL average at his best but currently poor at best. We keep hearing we have money, we keep hearing the manager and DofF are on the same page, we keep hearing Lampard has what it takes to attract better players, now it’s time for the club to stop talking a good game and to start delivering on their words. 

As each day goes by our bargaining strength diminishes.  Clubs will know from our performance and results that we quite frankly have to get players over the line, Gordon will need to be sold but I fear that his value will be pushed down if we are determined to go for Broja. 

I seen bill giving a “not good enough” wry smile on the final whistle…. Absolute prick, we have to sell another home grown player clearly in order to right the wrongs of mismanagement and no clear professional structure in the club. 

Im just not sure too many attacking players are looking at how we play and thinking thats the club for me. 

The front three are mainly just feeding off scraps for 90 minutes, even against what will be one of the worst sides in the league at home.

Throw into the mix that whoever joins will play second fiddle to Dom when he is back and the shape we play only really allows 1 striker. 

I wouldn't join us right now if I had the choice.

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Throw into the mix that whoever joins will play second fiddle to Dom when he is back and the shape we play only really allows 1 striker. 

I wouldn't join us right now if I had the choice.

I don’t know about that. Hopefully Dom doesn’t just come rushing back in if we get someone suitable. He’s been out for awhile and that little bit he played at the end of last season wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire. 

20 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I don’t know about that. Hopefully Dom doesn’t just come rushing back in if we get someone suitable. He’s been out for awhile and that little bit he played at the end of last season wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire. 

I am fairly confident that will be the case otherwise I imagine we would have sold him this window whilst the price was high. 

Again though I dont think any forward will set world on fire with this set up. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm feeling pretty fed up at the moment ands I can't wait for the window to close so I can know where we're at and what we're dealing with.

I'm just worried about our situation all the time right now. No one tell me to not worry about it because what will be or whatever bullshit you want to say, because it's really not that easy. If we don't get the signings we need then we are in deep, deep shit.

We all know Everton are well capable of fucking up a good situation but this time we're coming from a place where we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth, so god knows what catastrophe we could bring on ourselves from there :lol:.

It's not an exaggeration to say we could go into a bit of a death spiral if we don't get this right. Go on a bad run due to our ineptitude and Lampard could get the sack and then we need to start again, and fuck knows who the hell we'd hire this time. Lampard's making mistakes but if those above don't get him what he needs (or are incapable of it due to past mistakes) then it won't be on him.

I'm on edge every day waiting for us to get what we need. Some days I'm feeling up at the prospect of who we're signings, or who we're linked with, because they'll improve us. Then I'm shitting myself at who we're linked with or about the signings we haven't made yet.

The window being closed will at least allow me to know what I should be feeling.

Don’t worry about it. 😉

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm feeling pretty fed up at the moment ands I can't wait for the window to close so I can know where we're at and what we're dealing with.

I'm just worried about our situation all the time right now. No one tell me to not worry about it because what will be or whatever bullshit you want to say, because it's really not that easy. If we don't get the signings we need then we are in deep, deep shit.

We all know Everton are well capable of fucking up a good situation but this time we're coming from a place where we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth, so god knows what catastrophe we could bring on ourselves from there :lol:.

It's not an exaggeration to say we could go into a bit of a death spiral if we don't get this right. Go on a bad run due to our ineptitude and Lampard could get the sack and then we need to start again, and fuck knows who the hell we'd hire this time. Lampard's making mistakes but if those above don't get him what he needs (or are incapable of it due to past mistakes) then it won't be on him.

I'm on edge every day waiting for us to get what we need. Some days I'm feeling up at the prospect of who we're signings, or who we're linked with, because they'll improve us. Then I'm shitting myself at who we're linked with or about the signings we haven't made yet.

The window being closed will at least allow me to know what I should be feeling.

I hear you mate the club is badly mismanaged the gamble of selling the player who kept us up and not replacing him with any forward is a game, a gamble that a forward will come in and improve us or that we have the funds to do so.i am worried.  If we have to sell Gordon to get the forwards we need he has to be sold, but it's on the board and owner that we are in this position. They cannot progress a football club they have proven it over and over, appointing Benitez last season and now not signing anyone to improve that attack is utter negligence after we just stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season!!!

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You're such a loveable cunt.

I completely agree where you’re coming from though. I check on the rumour section here, and then on Twitter in case we’ve missed anything. Then I listen to TalkSPORT a few hours each day and they talk about Frank being under pressure and one of the favourites to be sacked first. 
I don’t normally get like this. I have faith in Frank and want him to be our manager in BMD, but last season has changed things. 
We need to win a game quickly, a league game that is. We also need to put a few past Fleetwood on Tuesday. I’d rest a few at the back, but the likes of Onana, Gordon, McNeil and Rondon all need to play and be involved in some goals just to get some positivity going. 

I am with what Romey is saying, personally utterly fed up. I love this club and have been emotionally involved for years.  I lay no blame at Frank and his team and there is absolutely no way I want a knee jerk reaction and a change of manager anytime soon. Get in the striker that we desperately need,  please. 

11 minutes ago, patto said:

Why….. don’t we need a goal scorer 

Because I rate him as a player. He might score a lot of penalties, but I think he’s a nightmare to defend against and brings others into play, as well as picking up a few goals on the way. 

Have we been linked to him though?

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Tony who? Have I missed something?:dontknow:

I think he means Ivan Toney. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I very much doubt he'd come here even if the likes of Man United weren't also rumoured to be after him after his family suffered racial abuse at Goodison.

He’s not a goal scorer I will be disappointed if we talk to him

and he’s a prick all he done was run around causing trouble  hence his family was allegedly abused