IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Thur 17 March

dunlopp9987

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think you picked out the worst season we had in the 70s Mike

I didn't pick out any individual season, I averaged across all the seasons Lyons was at the club...yes we had a 3rd and two 4ths but they were outweighed by a 7th, a 9th, an 11th, a 14th, two 15ths, a 17th and a 19th....not exactly a golden era.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I didn't pick out any individual season, I averaged across all the seasons Lyons was at the club...yes we had a 3rd and two 4ths but they were outweighed by a 7th, a 9th, an 11th, a 14th, two 15ths, a 17th and a 19th....not exactly a golden era.

I think there's a bit of nitpicking going on there Mike, my post never mentioned any "Golden Era", the post was about How good Mick Lyons was but never got the credit he should have done, the reason was because he was always among better players.Β  I think that list of players from the 70sΒ  sort of proves what I said Mr pedant. πŸ‘

Just now, Bill said:

I think there's a bit of nitpicking going on there Mike, my post never mentioned any "Golden Era", the post was about How good Mick Lyons was but never got the credit he should have done, the reason was because he was always among better players.Β  I think that list of players from the 70sΒ  sort of proves what I said Mr pedant. πŸ‘

Not nitpicking at all, I agreed with your point on Lyons but disagreed with him being "surrounded by other great players" because he really wasn't; there were certainly a few over the years but nowhere near enough to surround him, I just though that part of your post wasΒ hyperbolic.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Not bad for a centre half, 2 goals and an assist. Got number ten on his shirt because he played everywhere.

I well remember this game, for two reasons. First, I traveled from Cornwall to Plymouth every Saturday morning for piano lessons, and I was on the platform of Plymouth station waiting for my train home when an express arrived full of Everton fans. The noise as they alighted and chanted was deafening! They all walked from there to Home Park (I'm guessing a two or three mile walk). Second, one of the players on the Argyle team was a Sullivan - one of three brothers from my hometown in Cornwall. I believe Colin played for Argyle, Keith played for Saltash United (in Cornwall), and I forget the name of the third brother.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I well remember this game, for two reasons. First, I traveled from Cornwall to Plymouth every Saturday morning for piano lessons, and I was on the platform of Plymouth station waiting for my train home when an express arrived full of Everton fans. The noise as they alighted and chanted was deafening! They all walked from there to Home Park (I'm guessing a two or three mile walk). Second, one of the players on the Argyle team was a Sullivan - one of three brothers from my hometown in Cornwall. I believe Colin played for Argyle, Keith played for Saltash United (in Cornwall), and I forget the name of the third brother.

Once Everton has touched you , Cornish! Was that when you were chosen?

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

I just new you would want the last word Mike, you're renowned for it.

How is clarifying my position to explain rationally why I thought part of your post was not strictly accurate wanting the last word?

That's my last word on it, and the fact that you've not argued the football facts, but simply chosen to chuck in your opinion on my character shows you have no rational argument against my point.

Feel free to have the last word if you likeπŸ‘

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Watching on prime Ferdinand looks like he could still go out and play now.Β 

Handsome bastard isn’t he. Β Great striker him. Remember him playing for QPR against us and he taught a very good and young David unsworth a lesson.Β 

Β