IGNORED

Palace (Away) FA Cup QF Sunday 20 March

AlbanyNYToffee

Just now, Shukes said:

We’re fighting enough, but quality shows.

Palace have players that are technically miles ahead of ours. Let’s face it Zaha is million miles ahead of anything we have.

This. 

They can pass, take a touch and dribble with the ball under pressure. We give it away.

Throw in a system that the players don't know how to play and it just gives the opposition even more space to pull us apart. That was evident in that second goal. No-one knew who they should be picking up. Midfielders left it to the centre backs, the centre backs delayed giving too much space and they get a strike on goal from a good position. 

We are awful.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Right behind Mateta, just slowly jogging into the box

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

These players “care”……. Frank to ask Gomes if he does.  That was pathetic.  Why have we lost Allan for 3 games ffs.  Badly need legs in midfield.  When is Delphi fit?

It should be Doucoure that cops it for me, he just lets his man go and points for someone else to do his job. 

Gomes should react quicker as well.

I also think the back 5 look all over the place, Coleman caught ahead of the ball against Zaha, Godfrey does a half arsed cover, Keane is then late to react and then its easy for Mateta to hit it first time.

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It should be Doucoure that cops it for me, he just lets his man go and points for someone else to do his job. 

Gomes should react quicker as well.

I also think the back 5 look all over the place, Coleman caught ahead of the ball against Zaha, Godfrey does a half arsed cover, Keane is then late to react and then its easy for Mateta to hit it first time.

Gomes react quicker?  There is nothing to react to,  it’s a player in his eye line running unchallenged to receive a pass in the box.   Pure bone idle.  Doucoure has been poor but he was arguably cutting off run of their number 10 who was drifting

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Gomes react quicker?  There is nothing to react to,  it’s a player in his eye line running unchallenged to receive a pass in the box.   Pure bone idle.  Doucoure has been poor

My first impression was that Keane / Holgate were covering Mateta to start with. When Keane left to try and deal with the cross, that is when Mateta becomes more of a problem for Gomes, however I can guarentee he was expecting Holgate to cover him and he would have a point. 

I think Gomes should be trying to get in between the passing line of Zaha and Mateta, but blaming Gomes as the main problem in a terribly defended goal from everyone involved is wrong IMO.