IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Sun 3rd April

dunlopp9987

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Agree with the latter, not the former. He's been one of the most consistent keepers in the league for the last few years

Fair enough.  I can only remember him being terrible at Arsenal, unable to keep Szczesny and the awful Almunia out the team.

1 minute ago, badaids said:

Midfield is doing ok so far.  Iwobi's doing well to keep hussling the ball forward, but Doucs keeps holding the ball up when he should keep moving forward and letting the hammers get back into position.

Doucs is tripping over the ball non stop. Energy is as expected but technically he is an awful, awful footballer.

Positives to build on though. I think we just go for it second half here.

This hammers team is well drilled and organised, but cumbersome.  We need to get at them quicker when the ball turns over.  All our chances have come at that point and we got forward quickly.  It's not even the case of getting them on the break, just to get the momentum going towards their goal as soon as we get the ball.  Iwobi has looked good today because he's done that.  But Doucs and the centre backs have been at the mogadons.

I think both sides will be thinking they should have scored from open play but overall it is a close game with a moment of quality splitting the sides.

At the end they were starting to build some momentum and hopefully half time came at the right time for us. 

I like the balance of this side. We have men behind the ball and options in attack. Its the best we have seen from a Lampard side on that score IMO. 

It is so important that we score early because I can see us getting more desperate and being caught on the counter. They have had numbers on us on more than one occasion.

As for individuals, no-one is letting the side down but they are still playing within themselves. Iwobi is the standout IMO and we need to get him on the ball more in their half.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Richie and Gray swap sides. Richie’s getting joy down the left, and he couldn’t dribble with a bad bout of covid. Gray would be able to cut inside and get shots off.

It was only one example but Gray tried to cut inside against Fredricks and he showed him down the line and won the ball easily.

I don't think he is a great defender but it looks like he is switched on.

Just now, badaids said:

Absolutely demented pass by Doucs on the break.  Gets the ball from Iwobi in space with players running and pings it straight back to the full back.  No wonder we have no shots.

Its time and time again with him at the moment.

Just now, badaids said:

Absolutely demented pass by Doucs on the break.  Gets the ball from Iwobi in space with players running and pings it straight back to the full back.  No wonder we have no shots.

That happens with him.  

more arsed about that “attempt” by dcl. Flabbergasted how poor it actually was.