IGNORED

Watford (Away) 11th May

Romey 1878

I think some of you expected a bit much based on how we have been playing. We are playing to not lose and I get that completely. There is no issue with the effort the players are putting in.

The space has been there for us on the counter but we have made some really bad decisions with either the final ball or final shot. 

We just need to show that little bit more quality going forward and if we do, I suspect that once the first goes in, the second will follow shortly afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think some of you expected a bit much based on how we have been playing. We are playing to not lose and I get that completely. There is no issue with the effort the players are putting in.

The space has been there for us on the counter but we have made some really bad decisions with either the final ball or final shot. 

We just need to show that little bit more quality going forward and if we do, I suspect that once the first goes in, the second will follow shortly afterwards.

Our passing is sloppy at times. Stay disciplined and hopefully get the breakthrough.

it could be the game for Alli but it really is a gamble. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Only way to lose against this Watford team is to play not to lose 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There is no issue with the effort the players are putting in.

The issue is not so much about effort, it's about showing for the ball and intent in dangerous areas.  We don't commit to doing that.  Not a surprise as we are shit and have been all season, and it's one of the reasons we are shit.

3 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Only way to lose against this Watford team is to play not to lose 

Im not sure it is. We have made a season out of losing games we shouldn't have. We have picked up points by keeping things simple and I think we need to stick with that and not try and be something we aren't.

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Our passing is sloppy at times. Stay disciplined and hopefully get the breakthrough.

it could be the game for Alli but it really is a gamble. 

I agree. His quality on the ball could be exactly what we need in this situation.

17 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Push Iwobi into midfield and go 4 at the back, have the extra man in midfield, take Grey or Gordon for DCL and have Richy cut in from the wing.

I thought about going to 4 but a lot of our joy is coming from the width of the fullbacks.