IGNORED

Pre-season 2022/23

MikeO

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fuck me, Lampard is really going to try and get these players playing it out from the back despite the fact that it's the same players that had to make him abandon that tactic last season because they're shite, and resorted to just smashing it long.

We need signings. 

We look okay against pre-season Arsenal 30 mins in, but if we don't get some signings we'll put ourselves in the same situation as last season. Remains to be seen how much more solid we are with Tarkowski in the lineup, but if we don't replace Richarlison(and improve the midfield) I feel we'll be in some serious trouble. 

We look just as bad as last season. 

Goal conceded at a set piece and they hit the post from another.

Back line are more aggressive but they are all over the show, Godfrey in particular. Patterson has been queit but Nkounkou has suggested that at least defensively he hasn't developed.

Even though the back line are more aggressive they are still getting pushed back and Arsenal are finding joy between the lines even though its led to nothing so far. 

We have had a couple of half decent counters due to our aggressiveness but most of the time we are so deep that they are back before we can get numbers forward.

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Missed the first twenty minutes but from what I’ve seen that’s pretty horrific but at least it highlights the need for new signings 

If the whole of last season didn't highlight that already then nothing will!

And we need them well before deadline day. Before the first game of the season really because these players are not good enough. If this is the way Lampard wants us playing then we need to get a shift on.

Just now, Bailey said:

Clearly but its not like that is the only problem we have. 

Yeah, a non-existent central midfield doesn't help. A defence that doesn't have a clue what they're doing doesn't help. Having our lone striker completely isolated doesn't help. Not being able to defend corners doesn't help.

Most of our team is a problem. We desperately need a dedicated defensive midfielder who is mobile. We need players that are comfortable on the ball. And, I can't stress this enough, we need to fuck this 3/5 at the back shite right off into the stratosphere never to be seen again.