IGNORED

Pre-season 2022/23

MikeO

An actual defensive midfielder needs to be a priority signing. I'd blow every single penny we have this summer on a decent one.

Teams, even poor ones, walk right through the middle of us. It's the easiest thing in the world to do because there is never anyone there to shut them down. Davies and Doucoure are probably the worst combination we could have there too - Davies has no physicality or athleticism and doesn't have a fucking Scooby Doo what's going on around him, while Doucoure has the athleticism he also thinks he's an attacking midfielder and bombs up the pitch and forgets that he's shite in possession and will lose the ball and is then massively out of position.

17 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well being at that game was like a wet fart.

Gbamin is surprisingly agile and good in possession despite his size. Niels needs to stay as far away from the first team as possible, King Yerald is still the king of shithousery, and this is going to be a long, difficult season

Mate, we're just giving you the full Everton experience. Wouldn't want you to miss the opportunity of knowing exactly what it's like to watch us play in person.

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mate, we're just giving you the full Everton experience. Wouldn't want you to miss the opportunity of knowing exactly what it's like to watch us play in person.

The unfortunate thing is I was at Goodison in 2015 when we drew City 1-1, and the place was rocking. So I have experience of being present when the team actually played decent football.

Tonight's second half was against MNUFC's rotation squad and we still looked completely inept. And the Everton turnout was surprisingly impressive. 

Honestly the most worrying thing I saw tonight was I could see how Frank wants this team to play, we just don't have the players to do so. And we aren't going to have the money to bring in enough guys to change that. So either Frank will try and make his style work come hell or high water and then eventually resign or get sacked, or we're back to playing the way we did at the end of the season to avoid relegation. 

Can't look in much in to a glorified training game. Minnesota at mid season so in full swing - we are three weeks in to pre-season. 

To me the result gives Lampard a little more ammunition to push for the new signings to be done ASAP and brought in to the squad.

Plenty of work to be done - but think we all knew this anyway. 

Didn't stay up to watch this one.....

Very glad I didn't!

I know these are friendlies, but you'd expect to see some evidence of a change due to training for a new season, revised tactics etc.

To me there is no change at all and the same players not learning, changing or improving anything at all. Same approach and mistakes with same results.

There us A LOT of dead wood to move on.

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Plenty of work to be done - but think we all knew this anyway. 

How many more years are we going to be saying those words. For me there are no excuses for any PL team to be beaten 4-0 by Minnesota. What a shit fest we’ve got to look forward to this season, with Richarlison gone it’s going to be worse than the last.