IGNORED

2022-2023 season - Preparation

Probably the biggest pre season/transfer window we will have seen for some time. 

A fair few players to come off the books like tosun, Delph, Iceland = £300k ish.

Mina likely to be sold as in last year of contract who along with Richarlison, Allan also have 1 year left.  

gomes likely to be sold as he isn’t good enough. There’s £700k a week with £90m in transfer fees if we sold all players with one year remaining. 

thought I’d open this thread as I’m clearly wired! 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Probably the biggest pre season/transfer window we will have seen for some time. 

A fair few players to come off the books like tosun, Delph, Iceland = £300k ish.

Mina likely to be sold as in last year of contract who along with Richarlison, Allan also have 1 year left.  

gomes likely to be sold as he isn’t good enough. There’s £700k a week with £90m in transfer fees if we sold all players with one year remaining. 

thought I’d open this thread as I’m clearly wired! 

I like the thinking, but as is always the case, let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking we'll be able to offload everyone we want to. We will undoubtedly have players around next season who we don't want to see, either because Frank sees something in them or because no team comes in for them

38 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I like the thinking, but as is always the case, let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking we'll be able to offload everyone we want to. We will undoubtedly have players around next season who we don't want to see, either because Frank sees something in them or because no team comes in for them

Also got the £30m for moise kean to come in. 

we need attitude and athleticism.  I’m optimistic that Patterson will be a great inclusion at right back.   We need a commanding centre half (tarkowski or mee) to partner godfrey as a pacey partner. 

be interesting to see the young lads on the periphery and whether price, Lewis Warrington, dobbin can step up. 

I think we need to brace ourselves for an overhaul. 

coleman - retirement

delph/gylfi/tosun...maybe Townsend released

mina/Richie/Gomes sold...maybe Allan also.

we prob won't replace them with high end players but numbers. Hopefully players who will graft but also have a bit of ability on the ball.

realistic expectations is what we need as a fan base but I for one look forward to Frank and his superb coaching team getting a full pre season with this lot.

appreciate that mass departures is disruptive but I think we need a reset.

I'd agree Matt.  I heard this being talked about on the radio the other day with Newcastle.  So far Howe has done a good job bringing in the players that Newcastle needed at the time without making mass disruptive changes.  They'd do well to carry that on in the summer and not go mad.

We saw it when Koeman brought in Klassen, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford amongst others.  There was too much change and it didn't really come together.

I'd never even considered Pickford going until I saw someone mention it on Twitter the other day, hopefully he doesn't go, he's a vital player for us and has saved us so many times this season.  His assuredness in the box also brings a lot to the defence if only we'd had a reliable defence week in week out.

I'd really like to see Richarlison stay and to be honest I'm not sure I see one of the big clubs really paying out big for him, he does some good stuff, has amazing passion and work rate but he certainly has his flaws especially his wastefulness in front of goal at times.  I think in a team that are creating more chances he'd probably perform better but depends if the big clubs really believe that.  I believe he'd like to stay but equally he wants to be in high performing team competing in Europe, with the World Cup coming up soon he just needs to weigh up whether a move will end up improving or decrease his chances of getting there.

DCL I'd lke to stay but I'd let him go over Richarlison, he seems like he may want to leave and if that is the case then best get the price for him as we can and move on.  We need to make sure we get a good (not old) replacement who fits in with how Frank wants us to play.  We can't be left with no proper striker or Rondon leading the line in the new season!  It would be good to see Dobbin getting a chance if he's up to it but that needs to be behind someone of quality.

Sadly for all his quality I'd let Mina go if we can get a reasonable fee for him.  He just can't stay fit enough to be relied on.

I'm not bracing myself for mass change, I actively want it.

We're a mish mash of a squad and it'll work massively in our favour to have a squad that the manager wants. We'll be so much more cohesive. So I'm hoping we can do a lot of business this summer and have a very different looking squad come August.

For me, the biggest change needs to come at the back. We need better defenders!

Coleman, Keane, Holgate can't be first choice.

I honestly think it's detrimental to the rest of the team knowing how likely we are to fuck up at the back. Get that back wall built strong n reliable and I think that alone will make a big difference to how we play. It especially enables more freedom going forward.

Still high on the excitement of last night, but here’s my thoughts knowing we don’t have huge amount of money to play with.

Frank builds his squad around

Pickford, Mykolenko, Alli, Richy, DCL, Gordon Iwobi

Players to keep but need to see more

Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Davies, Gray,

Players to keep but see less of

Coleman - purely to mentor the younger players 

Never want to see them in an Everton Shirt again.

Gomes - last night proof if ever needed

Delph - Thanks for the past few games, but we need players who are fit more often than not.

Mina - Fitness always a concern, need a CB who plays week on week out with his partner.

Rondon - no just no.

Gbamin - unlucky never worked for him

Kean - Wrong attitude

Allan - Has had some good moments but legs have gone, need players with 90 mins energy.

If they go they go can be replaced 

JJK - squad player at best who can play a few positions when needed.

Keane - not mobile enough, has been good last few games, could form good partnership with more athletic CB

Holgate - has improved under Frank, seems to have lost the arrogant attitude leading to mistakes.

Doucoure - Awful at times, brilliant at others the former seems to be more frequent.

Townsend - Gave some memorable moments, and some games passed him by, doubt we will get any money for him after his injury.

On loan players

DVB - haven’t seen enough, doubt he will want stay anyhow

El Ghazi - who?

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Due summer 2023 that.

I think they are trying to rid the second year loan and bring forward the transfer. Not sure if that benefits us from a profit and loss perspective… we need to get fresh bodies in urgently. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think they are trying to rid the second year loan and bring forward the transfer. Not sure if that benefits us from a profit and loss perspective… we need to get fresh bodies in urgently. 

Juve said they wanted to re-negotiate and we said no, they're not going to be doing us any favours in the circumstances.

Think Richy is gone.  Wants to challenge for trophies and we're rebuilding again.  Fair play to him, he dug deep for us and we wouldn't have survived without him.

Would probably keep DCL unless a stupid ($50m+) offer is forthcoming, rather than lose both he and Richy in the 1 year.

I'd also cash in on Pickford while his currency is as high as it is.  Bring in a cheaper, gun, young keeper from a foreign league.

Hopefully we've given up on trying to buy our way up the table, can reset and build properly.

1 hour ago, DownUnderToff said:

Think Richy is gone.  Wants to challenge for trophies and we're rebuilding again.  Fair play to him, he dug deep for us and we wouldn't have survived without him.

Would probably keep DCL unless a stupid ($50m+) offer is forthcoming, rather than lose both he and Richy in the 1 year.

I'd also cash in on Pickford while his currency is as high as it is.  Bring in a cheaper, gun, young keeper from a foreign league.

Hopefully we've given up on trying to buy our way up the table, can reset and build properly.

Either he signs a new deal, or he goes, we cant let his contract expire, question is who comes in for him, Premier League I cant see any team in the top 6 coming for him, from abroad it wont be any club from Spain, I cany see Juve, or Milan, PSG will keep Mbape so who?

The first thing that Lampard and Co will need to work out is how they want to play. I presume he will want to play more on the front foot, and if he does, that will require a lot of change. 

If he wants to build on our style of play more gradually then I think you will still see many of the same faces playing a part, unless a good offer comes in for them. 

For example it sounds like he would like to keep Delph for another season. I can't see him wanting to lose Mina either as he has spoken about his character a lot. IMO they are the type of unreliable, expensive players that need to go. You can include Gomes in that list too. 

15 hours ago, London Blue said:

Either he signs a new deal, or he goes, we cant let his contract expire, question is who comes in for him, Premier League I cant see any team in the top 6 coming for him, from abroad it wont be any club from Spain, I cany see Juve, or Milan, PSG will keep Mbape so who?

Rumoured interest from Bayern, which is a bit concerning as they never pay much.

Why are you ruling out Spain?  Hopefully Ancelotti does us a favour and overpays.

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

The first thing that Lampard and Co will need to work out is how they want to play. I presume he will want to play more on the front foot, and if he does, that will require a lot of change. 

If he wants to build on our style of play more gradually then I think you will still see many of the same faces playing a part, unless a good offer comes in for them. 

For example it sounds like he would like to keep Delph for another season. I can't see him wanting to lose Mina either as he has spoken about his character a lot. IMO they are the type of unreliable, expensive players that need to go. You can include Gomes in that list too. 

I agree, we might have to navigate a period of inconsistent results and performances, but for the right reasons. A team rebuild, but its going to have to be on a bit of a shoe string budget for the next couple of year as we get in line our FFP and get ourseleves in to our new home.

I would like to see us move for Eddie Nketiah, who is out of contract and is hungrey for first team footballs, he would get that with us with either Richie or Dom or both moving on.

Nketiah would be a decent addition to the front line up, freeing up funds for the midfeild, which I think needs a compleate overhaul. 

On mix of age, injury profile and quality I dont see Allan, Doucoure, Delph, Gomes nor Davies driving this team forward. 

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

Throw the kitchen sink at Gallagher and pick up Tarkowski (sp?) on a free and the team would look better instantly. 
After that it’s a case of replacing who leaves where required.
Hungry players though please, not just mercenaries.  

Yeah, Gallagher would be top of my list, but dont see he leaving Cheslea other than on a loan

3 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Rumoured interest from Bayern, which is a bit concerning as they never pay much.

Why are you ruling out Spain?  Hopefully Ancelotti does us a favour and overpays.

Barca cant afford him, Real Madrid will only take Mbappe, or someone of similar status and Athletico would probably go for Raphiana from Leeds.  I can't see any other Spanish team affording him or having a chance of winning.