IGNORED

2022-2023 season - Preparation

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-backroom-staff-leaves-club-24155894?fbclid=IwAR0RfrnaJKrO9mRfMYNHb1ZwWLQYP5ycCUZRiJRPnhzp_cYn5SJ8AuY3Xzw

More clearing out and reshuffling - I can't say I know much about the people we have in these positions, but it doesn't really feel like we have been 'leading innovators in the use of modern analysis techniques and the latest technologies' and if we have it been of very limited value, or its findings have been ignored.

I've been forced to eat my hat so many times that now I keep a straw beret for just that purpose.

Connor Coady? Honestly? Is that in exchange for another player (Mina?), since we don't have the funds to recruit an England international, surely? This is so out of left field - but you wouldn't have posted if you didn't believe it - would you?

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’ve just had a text saying we are getting connor Coady, been done a few weeks. 

I’ll believe it when I see it but and that’s a massive hypothetical BUT if we sold Mina and Keane (which I think would have to happen) to sign Tarkowski and Coady, we’d be in a much better position for a similar cost. We’d definitely be playing 3 at the back if this happened.

30 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’ll believe it when I see it but and that’s a massive hypothetical BUT if we sold Mina and Keane (which I think would have to happen) to sign Tarkowski and Coady, we’d be in a much better position for a similar cost. We’d definitely be playing 3 at the back if this happened.

If it is being held off then is it because they need to do some sales first? Possibly, lampard also likes to play 3 centre halves and Coady is a sweeper type player. 

the lad who sent me the message seems to get the odd pearl but obviously it’s hearsay at moment. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

If he’s an Everton player I’ll eat my hat. And not an old one, the new one I got yesterday. Toasted, butter and marmalade on it. 

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

No Marmite?

I’ll send you some Vegemite bud 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If it is being held off then is it because they need to do some sales first? Possibly, lampard also likes to play 3 centre halves and Coady is a sweeper type player. 

the lad who sent me the message seems to get the odd pearl but obviously it’s hearsay at moment. 

We’d definitely need to sell Keane and Mina before we got Coady and Tarkowski - like for like(ish) wage/age wise but much more reliable than we’ve had. It wouldn’t surprise me as we seem to have the younger prospects in Godfrey, Branthwaite, maybe Welch and the average back-up/squad player who doesn’t cost too much in wages in Holgate - these elements don’t necessarily need replacing, they need better alongside - Tarkowski does that for me over Mina as he’ll hopefully be available more and, although I don’t really rate him, Coady is a very good leader and seems to really organise a back 3 - qualities Keane lacks in.

Do you trust your source? Or has he just read this and is taking a plump…

40 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We’d definitely need to sell Keane and Mina before we got Coady and Tarkowski - like for like(ish) wage/age wise but much more reliable than we’ve had. It wouldn’t surprise me as we seem to have the younger prospects in Godfrey, Branthwaite, maybe Welch and the average back-up/squad player who doesn’t cost too much in wages in Holgate - these elements don’t necessarily need replacing, they need better alongside - Tarkowski does that for me over Mina as he’ll hopefully be available more and, although I don’t really rate him, Coady is a very good leader and seems to really organise a back 3 - qualities Keane lacks in.

Do you trust your source? Or has he just read this and is taking a plump…

When he text me I did a twitter search and seen that tweet. He wasn’t aware of it, but it could be coming from same source.   Looks like a wolves fan who tweeted that my mate is a red who knows lots of blues. 

I’d be delighted with Coady.  Is he the most glamorous defender? No.  But our team needs gnarly characters, Tarkowski, Coady are pure leaders.   Take absolutely no shit at all and I think they will do Pickford good from the perspective of “shut up, focus on your job and leave us to sort out what’s in front of us”.   They will give Pickford more confidence that he has lacked in the reliability of his defensive units. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

If we sign Tarkowski and Coady and play them together we will need to set our defensive line on the 6 yard box.

We better be signing some quality attacking players or this 5 at the back bollocks is going to see the ultra-defensive football continue for the foreseeable.

We'll have a defence that knows where to point for people to stand though, so there's that.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We better be signing some quality attacking players or this 5 at the back bollocks is going to see the ultra-defensive football continue for the foreseeable.

We'll have a defence that knows where to point for people to stand though, so there's that.

They will need to be really good as I doubt we will be getting out of our half at this rate! 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not against it, if we have the ball we have a 5 man midfield or 4 man attack. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m not against it, if we have the ball we have a 5 man midfield or 4 man attack. 

I'm extremely sceptical that that would be the way it would work. Unless we show some ambition in the transfer market with attacking signings, then I'll change my mind,

But if it doesn't then I'm not expecting the acceptable progress I was hoping for next season. We'll be flirting with relegation again, just maybe not the desperate position we found ourselves in last season.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm extremely sceptical that that would be the way it would work. Unless we show some ambition in the transfer market with attacking signings, then I'll change my mind,

But if it doesn't then I'm not expecting the acceptable progress I was hoping for next season. We'll be flirting with relegation again, just maybe not the desperate position we found ourselves in last season.

So let’s say we sell Richie. I’ll be generous and say Ali gets his shot. Gray, DCL, Gordon, Ali/Iwobi. Which position would you prioritize bringing into our attack as a starting 11 player?