IGNORED

Maxwel Cornet

4 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

How many Burnley players are we going to be linked with? I hope this is shitty journalism rather than real strategy. How the fuck is focusing our transfer strategy on taking  players from a team we barely beat in a relegation battle last season suddenly going to mean we are back in the upper echelons of the league next year. Don't get it. 

What a massively short sighted point of view. 

I guess it matters where we buy players from more than the actual players themselves. Good grief. 

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I'm not as enthused as most on here. I'll admit I didn't watch him until our 2-3 game (and then after our game). I didn't think he was anything special. Nothing better than Demari or Andros. Maybe that's ok for some.

I like the sound of his work rate (esp tracking back)

I’ve not seen much of him, but his numbers alone in a poor team show he’s an upgrade on Demarai and Andros. 

9 goals in 26 for Burnley is outstanding. 
He’s also scored a few goals in the champions league. 

If we do sign him I’ll be looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve not seen much of him, but his numbers alone in a poor team show he’s an upgrade on Demarai and Andros. 

9 goals in 26 for Burnley is outstanding. 
He’s also scored a few goals in the champions league. 

If we do sign him I’ll be looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

Peeku scored 11 in a shite Norwich side, you want him?

that Dennis from Watford also scored 10 or 11 I think.

don't get me wrong, I appreciate we aren't exactly picking from the best of the litter...I get it. Beggars can't be choosers. I just don't rate him. Wingers flatter to deceive far too often, including our own. 

I'm more excited about that Wolves kid. Albeit diff positions I just think he'll add more to the team

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I'm not as enthused as most on here. I'll admit I didn't watch him until our 2-3 game (and then after our game). I didn't think he was anything special. Nothing better than Demari or Andros. Maybe that's ok for some.

I like the sound of his work rate (esp tracking back)

He's definitely better than Townsend. Not that that's all that difficult tbh, but still.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I don’t want Traore but him AND Cornet would at least be fun!

Fun is not my idea of watching Traore blister someone for pace and then either run the ball out of play or twat it so far over those waiting in the box that it goes out for a throw in.

That's actually a recipe for raising my blood pressure :lol:.

11 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Peeku scored 11 in a shite Norwich side, you want him?

that Dennis from Watford also scored 10 or 11 I think.

don't get me wrong, I appreciate we aren't exactly picking from the best of the litter...I get it. Beggars can't be choosers. I just don't rate him. Wingers flatter to deceive far too often, including our own. 

I'm more excited about that Wolves kid. Albeit diff positions I just think he'll add more to the team

Pukki is a striker, scoring 11 in 37 isnt that impressive. 
scoring 9 in 26 for a winger is impressive. 
You aren’t comparing apples with apples. 
So, no I don’t want Pukki, but if Frank wanted him as a back up I wouldn’t complain too much as he’s better than our current back ups. 
Id have been very happy with Dennis, 10 in 33 for a winger is good. 

In my opinion next season we need ten goals from the new winger we buy, ten goals from Gordon, probably 16+ from DCL and then we have a chance at being half decent. 

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

Pukki is a striker, scoring 11 in 37 isnt that impressive. 
scoring 9 in 26 for a winger is impressive. 
You aren’t comparing apples with apples. 
So, no I don’t want Pukki, but if Frank wanted him as a back up I wouldn’t complain too much as he’s better than our current back ups. 
Id have been very happy with Dennis, 10 in 33 for a winger is good. 

In my opinion next season we need ten goals from the new winger we buy, ten goals from Gordon, probably 16+ from DCL and then we have a chance at being half decent. 

Cornet can play left back, left and right wing and forward I think he played most of those at Burnley, nine goals considering that is good.

42 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really hope that isn't true or we're even more fucked than we thought.

Got a feeling we’re fucked. 

I know lots of lazy journalism out there  but everybody has been making signings and we’ve made 1, with 3 weeks to go, knowing our squad is shite and we’re seemingly unable to do anything about it 

2 hours ago, Fosse Captain said:

Got a feeling we’re fucked. 

I know lots of lazy journalism out there  but everybody has been making signings and we’ve made 1, with 3 weeks to go, knowing our squad is shite and we’re seemingly unable to do anything about it 

Our scouts are useless Id sack the lot of them they don’t come up with anyone just a waste of money 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really hope that isn't true or we're even more fucked than we thought.

'Kevin Thelwell and the Chairman are currently working hard to bring in new players to improve Frank Lampard’s squad....There will be new signings and I would ask supporters to judge us at the end of the transfer window...' 🥴

Let's not rush to judgement! 😔

my feeling is that we are trying to simply make less go further and trying not to get caught with our pants down in expensive tranfers. I don't blame the club in maybe being a little over cautious in the transfer market after years of being gung ho. 

At £18M this lad looks a decent buy - and it the sounds of it he has a buy out clause, I think we are just trying to be a bit cute in how we structure the deal, no harm in testing the water before just simply handing over £18M in one go. 

I got a strong feeling he will be with us in the next week or so. 

For those who like a stat - some numbers against a +£30m alternative in the article below.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/maxwel-cornet-everton-armando-broja-24517646

9 hours ago, Formby said:

'Kevin Thelwell and the Chairman are currently working hard to bring in new players to improve Frank Lampard’s squad....There will be new signings and I would ask supporters to judge us at the end of the transfer window...' 🥴

Let's not rush to judgement! 😔

Which window was moshri talking about this one or Jan...🤣🤣