IGNORED

Oleksandr Zinchenko

1 hour ago, BedfordBlue said:

Just checked his contract is up and west ham aren't offering a new one

Finish reading the thread before posting? ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

West Ham released Yarmolenko.ย  At 32, doubt he will remain in England.

Zinchenko is a player but we would really have to sell the project to him.ย  Don't think we can spend big on him as CB and DM are the priority.ย  He could maybe play DM but for Ukraine he seems to play more of a box to box role.ย  Guess it depends on how Frank wants to play.ย  Feel like we could see something completely different at the start of the season.ย  Will just have to wait and see.ย  Trying to make the game in Baltimore and it will be interesting to see how he lines up.ย 

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Sadly Walsh had a 15-16 year old Haaland sat in his office with his dad prepared to sign a contract but Moshiri and Kenwright wouldnโ€™t sanction it, oh well shit happens.ย 

No one knows if this is actually trueย 

1 hour ago, patto said:

No one knows if this is actually trueย 

Well when Walsh said it a couple of years ago defending his claims that he was hamstrung by Moshiri and Kenwright, the 4 people involved besides himself never denied it didnโ€™t happen, from what been happening ย with Moshiri and Kenwright when it comes to over ruling DoF and managers Iโ€™m very much inclined to believe him.ย 

12 hours ago, c1982 said:

ย 

The more I hear, the more I want this to happen.ย 
Could be way off on this, but Iโ€™d like to think heโ€™d move with a point to prove?ย 
Done well for City but not a star man (obviously)

Maybe itโ€™s a chance for him to really show his worth elsewhere.ย 
Or maybe Iโ€™m just desperate to have a team that works their socks off and actually wants to be here for the club, not just the money!ย ๐Ÿคž

I really hope we get Zinchenko, I think he will excel in our team as a midfeilder. Great age, bags of top experience and a very good player. No real bedding in period needed, as he is already settled in the North Wesr.ย 

Can cover LB so added versatility, if we use Mikolenko offensively, then a midfeilder who can seamlessly cover LB is massive bonus.. These two could be very effective together, shades of Pinear/Baines kind ofย  understanding perhaps!!ย 

Get it done.ย 

ย 

I think he would be a solid enough player but I am not sure he is that good. Whilst he plays left back for City, he is basically a central midfielder for them but when I watch him I just wonder how his qualities would translate into another Premier League team.

Its another one where it comes down to how we are trying to play. If its like the end of last season, he will be a waste of money because that style of football is not going to suit him.

If we look to play football with more attacking intent then I could see it working because his best qualities lie with the ball at his feet or generally the team being in possession.

Its one of them where I can see the arguments for and against but it all boils down to what Frank is looking to do with the team. Signing Tarkowski and then signing Zinchenko just seems a bit confused.

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think he would be a solid enough player but I am not sure he is that good. Whilst he plays left back for City, he is basically a central midfielder for them but when I watch him I just wonder how his qualities would translate into another Premier League team.

Its another one where it comes down to how we are trying to play. If its like the end of last season, he will be a waste of money because that style of football is not going to suit him.

If we look to play football with more attacking intent then I could see it working because his best qualities lie with the ball at his feet or generally the team being in possession.

Its one of them where I can see the arguments for and against but it all boils down to what Frank is looking to do with the team. Signing Tarkowski and then signing Zinchenko just seems a bit confused.

I think he suits the type of football Frank wants us to play but also type of football we needed to play end of last season. Someone who can recycle possession & pick a pass but also get stuck in and work. Would be no worse than what we already have although thatโ€™s not saying much.