IGNORED

James Garner

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The club seemed to have upped their game when it comes to recruitment and negotiation skills.

I know they are not the same type of player, but when you look at the price of MWG who is a young player who had a great season shining on loan in the Championship, it does put in perspective both the fee up front and potential add ons. 

Our midfield appear to have been totally transformed this transfer window. Taken a bit of time, but I am very happy with the make up and profile of the player that are been brought in. 

21 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Our midfield appear to have been totally transformed this transfer window. Taken a bit of time, but I am very happy with the make up and profile of the player that are been brought in. 

I don't think any of us can complain on that front. A massive upgrade on last season - with options off the bench. All on Frank now.  

Just now, Formby said:

I don't think any of us can complain on that front. A massive upgrade on last season - with options off the bench. All on Frank now.  

Was thinking this last night. It's seemingly been a brilliant window, so all the pressure is on him to get them to perform. If Moshiri and the fans can give him time that is. 

5 minutes ago, Formby said:

I'm sure they will. Frank has shown what he can do with players like Iwobi. I have great faith in him.

Here is a question. Let’s say we get chuk-wagon and these others. More options now. How does Frank actually want to play? So much has been done out of necessity. What is his vision? What type of Everton does he want?

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

I'd imagine he'll be cover for Gueye at the moment but will get some game time and maybe get starts once bedded in on games where we'd expect to dominate more as he can from the sound of it offer more than Gueye in terms of all round play.

Wonder how Warrington feels about this as he may have hoped to have been closer to getting game time but this surely pushes him back a bit.  Not too worried as he's only 19 but then Garner is only 21.

I think with 5 subs now it will allow both Gana, Garner, Onana, Iwobi and even Doucoure to get plenty of game time in a midfield three.  Gana is not going to have to play 90mins every game and neither are our 21 year olds. This looks so so much better and significantly more mobile than Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Delph and Davies that we started last season with.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Was thinking this last night. It's seemingly been a brilliant window, so all the pressure is on him to get them to perform. If Moshiri and the fans can give him time that is. 

It will not all gel overnight (just like with Arteta's Arsenals rebuild), especially considering two of those we are taking about have not even been confirmed as signed yet - but in 6months and then again in 12 months time I would hope to be seeing a ever increasing level of general team play at the club. 

No point in jumping up and down in only a months- 6weeks time if we are not yet performing like a well oiled machine, but I am sure we will develop game on game and grow in both ability and confidence as a team. 

27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think with 5 subs now it will allow both Gana, Garner, Onana, Iwobi and even Doucoure to get plenty of game time in a midfield three.  Gana is not going to have to play 90mins every game and neither are our 21 year olds. This looks so so much better and significantly more mobile than Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Delph and Davies that we started last season with.

It will not all gel overnight (just like with Arteta's Arsenals rebuild), especially considering two of those we are taking about have not even been confirmed as signed yet - but in 6months and then again in 12 months time I would hope to be seeing a ever increasing level of general team play at the club. 

No point in jumping up and down in only a months- 6weeks time if we are not yet performing like a well oiled machine, but I am sure we will develop game on game and grow in both ability and confidence as a team. 

Exactly my point and I really hope Moshiri and the fans look to Arsenal as an example to follow. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

He wants us to be able to play 523, 433 and maybe even 442. We need to be adaptable to different situations. 

He wants high press. Maupay, DCL, Gordon, McNeil, Gray, Iwobi and Gana are all very capable of this. 

I’m sure he would like more possession too. Iwobi, Onana, Garner, Patterson, McNeil, DCL and Maupay can hopefully do a bit of this too. 

Expect high tempo and high work rate as the team settles. Then hopefully more football as the team grows. 

One way or another, Frank and Kevin definitely have a plan they are working towards. 

Its a plan I can get behind. 

Hopefully the the days of anybody in the starting 11 not showing anything less 100% on that pitch should now become a thing of the past. You stroll around or don't put in a proper shift in will mean you will well and truly get hooked off the pitch.

It's also now looks like a squad with far less over paid and over hyped players in it. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

He wants us to be able to play 523, 433 and maybe even 442. We need to be adaptable to different situations. 

He wants high press. Maupay, DCL, Gordon, McNeil, Gray, Iwobi and Gana are all very capable of this. 

I’m sure he would like more possession too. Iwobi, Onana, Garner, Patterson, McNeil, DCL and Maupay can hopefully do a bit of this too. 

Expect high tempo and high work rate as the team settles. Then hopefully more football as the team grows. 

One way or another, Frank and Kevin definitely have a plan they are working towards. 

Excellent window regardless. Would have loved to get Kudus and I do think some attacking help on the wing completes the window but overall we did a lot of business both in and out and got both promising youth and reliable experience. Will take a while to mesh but, on paper, it’s a job well done. 

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Nice try.....but you're in the Garner thread not the Gana thread......LOL.

Quit while your behind Shukes 🙃

Gana, Garner, both sound the same 😉

No, it’s in reply to the interview comment mate. Gana just did his and said he would give his soul to the club. 
Cornish mentioned the statutory interview incoming…..hence the comment 🙂

But the Pun was poor haha, I’m not known for my comedy….. it’s almost as bad as Baileys stat analysis 😳