IGNORED

Ben Brereton Diaz

6 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I know - Alan Nixon has been a football journo for over 30 years - decent claim 👍🏼

Wasn't targeting Alan Nixon in particular about him being a journalist or not.  Was more commenting on how my twitter feed is full of people asking me to join their patreon for ITK info.  Which he is doing.

I've liked the YouTube clips of him, but never seen a full game.  As others have said, it's a bit odd that no one else seems in for him at the price point (~10m).  Seems to be a decent age, last year of his contract, we need squad strikers.  Why not take a punt?  His recent record in the Championship is very good, so even if he can't make the step up we should be able to sell him back down in 6 or 12 months.

Been reading rovers forums. Overall id say They are gutted to be losing him.  Agree that's is very strange that wet don't hear about others being in for him. 

Ie

I'd rather we guarantee Championship survival and have an outside chance of promotion - which will both happen with Diaz at our disposal - than be destined for a season of struggle and potentially relegation without him

8 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

I'd rather we guarantee Championship survival and have an outside chance of promotion - which will both happen with Diaz at our disposal - than be destined for a season of struggle and potentially relegation without him

Sounds like just the sort of player we'll be needing next season:(

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

BBC also reporting that we're chasing him.

McNulty: "Everton remain interested as they explore striking options but there is still a gap in valuations. It is believed Blackburn want £15m."

Forest get a percentage of whatever fee paid so Blackburn will have to feel it’s worth it. If they’re only getting a few million after the sell-on they may feel they’re better off seeing where they stand in January which isn’t too many games away with the World Cup when it is!

Sky saying we bid but didn't meet the Venkys quoted price. Will be very curious to hear the numbers and the gap.  If we've opted to stick with what we have over a couple million I'll be unimpressed.  

Of course if we pull something else off then fair play.  Have to think though that we wouldn't have bid for Diaz if we had an expectation on Broja

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

Sky saying we bid but didn't meet the Venkys quoted price. Will be very curious to hear the numbers and the gap.  If we've opted to stick with what we have over a couple million I'll be unimpressed.  

Of course if we pull something else off then fair play.  Have to think though that we wouldn't have bid for Diaz if we had an expectation on Broja

There has been talk Blackburn want £20m, I think that’s a bit much for a lad who hasn’t played in the top flight and only has a year left on his contract. I rate him, maybe £10m would be a good price, £15m maximum, but £20m is pushing it and they can afford to hold out.