IGNORED

Possible Takeover

patto

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I wonder how much truth is in this article - I thought under FFP we would not be able to spend if new owns came in to the club, as its all about turnover and profitability and not simply owners pumping money. So in our current situation, an owner with the very deepest pockets can't help the situation. I would like to be wrong. 

Do what owners of City and others do: Have a family member commit to a ridiculous marketing deal.

New sponsor: Kenyon's Kebabs, for 200,000,000 a year.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Do what owners of City and others do: Have a family member commit to a ridiculous marketing deal.

New sponsor: Kenyon's Kebabs, for 200,000,000 a year.

I though Premier League now have their beady eye on those sort of sponsership deals these days. 

Rumours of the takeover pretty much confirm the shares have always been Usmanovs. He’s put us up for sale. 

I’ll welcome good investment. Whether Kenyon can bring that is another matter. The whole Usmanov/Moshiri ownership has been disastrous. If we can get a new stadium out of it that’ll be the saving grace. 

2 hours ago, MC11 said:

Rumours of the takeover pretty much confirm the shares have always been Usmanovs. He’s put us up for sale. 

I’ll welcome good investment. Whether Kenyon can bring that is another matter. The whole Usmanov/Moshiri ownership has been disastrous. If we can get a new stadium out of it that’ll be the saving grace. 

It doesn’t confirm anything like that. 

Moshiri is a business man who owns EFC he bought the club solely from a business angle, there was no emotional attachment just a calculated risk that hasn’t come off for him, but in business nothing is guaranteed so he won’t be phased by his losses if he doesn’t believe in this deal any longer or doesn’t want to risk more of his money he will want to negotiate away out even if he suffers a loss. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Moshiri is a business man who owns EFC he bought the club solely from a business angle, there was no emotional attachment just a calculated risk that hasn’t come off for him, but in business nothing is guaranteed so he won’t be phased by his losses if he doesn’t believe in this deal any longer or doesn’t want to risk more of his money he will want to negotiate away out even if suffers a loss. 

Agree. I’m sure he wants the club to do well as it’s in his interests but he wasn’t born to Everton. The last couple years have likely been hard on him from a business standpoint so I can’t really blame him if it’s not where he wants to devote himself anymore. It’s his money and his life. Nobody can say he hasn’t invested. If all he gives us in the end is the financial push that was needed for a new stadium then that’s still quite a lot.

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Agree. I’m sure he wants the club to do well as it’s in his interests but he wasn’t born to Everton. The last couple years have likely been hard on him from a business standpoint so I can’t really blame him if it’s not where he wants to devote himself anymore. It’s his money and his life. Nobody can say he hasn’t invested. If all he gives us in the end is the financial push that was needed for a new stadium then that’s still quite a lot.

Exactly I’m not knocking him for trying and failing, and the next owner or owners will be in it purely for the business opportunity, unless of course there’s a billionaire Everton supporter out there who wants to invest emotionally and buy the club. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly I’m not knocking him for trying and failing, and the next owner or owners will be in it purely for the business opportunity, unless of course there’s a billionaire Everton supporter out there who wants to invest emotionally and buy the club. 

I’m voting for Palfy to buy us out!!!  👊

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m half way there, will that do?

Everton supporter that is😜

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m voting for Palfy to buy us out!!!  👊

I think it’s Matt or Steve who already own a share in the club, so there already on the way to club domination. I might have considered it 3 weeks ago before I paid to have my garden landscaped, I’m sure the guy thinks he’s Monty Dom by what he’s charging. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think it’s Matt or Steve who already own a share in the club, so there already on the way to club domination. I might have considered it 3 weeks ago before I paid to have my garden landscaped, I’m sure the guy thinks he’s Monty Dom by what he’s charging. 

Moneybags Steve mate. I'm skint :lol:

13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'll be honest I'm not over the moon with it, but other than the stadium I think Moshiri has been unbelievably consistent in making bad decisions and in the long run will do more damage to the club than good, as the short term has unfortunately proved. The fact we have gone from consistently flirting with Europe to being quite literally on the brink of Championship football is astounding, and a lot of the problems stem from Moshiri's poor management of the club.

Whereas he's not as bad as the owners of Portsmouth, Blackburn, Blackpool, Charlton etc. I'm warm to the idea of change and just hoping that it's not somehow another absolute clusterfuck.

And now we're relying on him making the right decision on who to sell to... frightening.

I have just been reading that some Villa fans are up in arms as they have seen some of there season ticket prices go up by over 40% for this season. You would have to guess that this is one revenue stream any new owners could instant improve for Everton FC when a shiney new stadium is built. What is our current average match day revenue and what would that increase to with extra capacity and say 30% price hike on ticket prices. I am guessing with a  back of a fag packet calculation this could almost double the net profit at each home game - as game day 'overhead' will remain almost the same.

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I’m desperate for this to go through, love him or hate him Kenyon most definitely knows how to run a football club

He may be ruthless in his approach but I think that’s what we desperately need

This. 
We need an experienced negotiator to go at Levy and be ruthless. Not Bill who’s great at selling, will no doubt have Christine Lampard on the phone to Levy crying. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

People are saying it may not be Kenyons consortium there are others in the wings negotiating 

There are other interested parties, from what I read there's another consortium from the United States and one from Saudi Arabia however they aren't negotiating as the Kenyon Group have exclusivity to look at Everton's books and hold meetings with Moshiri - nobody else will be at the table for now and to be honest with how it's being reported I'll be very surprised if Kenyon doesn't end up going through with it. It's building serious momentum each day on social media and in the press.

Little disappointing that considering the Saudi's are sniffing, the Newcastle owners didn't come quicker to the table - having the backing of an entire state would have come in handy as Newcastle are now finding out with their transfer business.