IGNORED

Amadou Onana

45 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Lille need to send one piece of paperwork and then it's done. Probably won't be until Monday because the French, weekends and work don't go well together :lol:.

I must object to this post in the strongest possible terms.

The French are absolutely even handed when it comes to not working and will happily not work regardless of the day, they do not limit not working just to 1 or 2 days of the week.

12 minutes ago, badaids said:

The silence now deafening on this transfer.

Starting to get the feeling they we’ve managed to Everton this one right up.

Will be glad to be proved wrong.

It was reported by a credible source two days ago that he was officially an Everton player. A club announcement can be delayed for a number of reasons but this one is done.

17 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

It was reported by a credible source two days ago that he was officially an Everton player. A club announcement can be delayed for a number of reasons but this one is done.

Just confused why Coady who was on the Wolves bench two days ago gets announced before a guy who was watching our match in our stands.

7 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Just confused why Coady who was on the Wolves bench two days ago gets announced before a guy who was watching our match in our stands.

Coady seemed pretty adamant about getting his deal done as soon as possible. Also, it’s a loan to start so maybe that makes it a little more straight forward to begin with. Also Gana seems delayed because of work Visa issues so maybe the same is true with Onana. Or they want to announce two midfielders from the French league together. Or a dozen other things.

2 hours ago, msloan78 said:

Nervous about every single transfer we have been involved with until it's confirmed and they're on the pitch.

Manny Fernandes 'deal' years ago is imprinted on my psyche forever. 

With you on that. Fernandes told me in La Tasca he was signing for Everton the night before he fucked off to Valencia. 
It’s not done until it’s done. 

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Coady seemed pretty adamant about getting his deal done as soon as possible. Also, it’s a loan to start so maybe that makes it a little more straight forward to begin with. Also Gana seems delayed because of work Visa issues so maybe the same is true with Onana. Or they want to announce two midfielders from the French league together. Or a dozen other things.

Pretty sure Gana is just delayed because Gana wants more cash than we want to give him.  Onana I heard is Lens being slow for their own reasons. 

Double announcement would be nice, but you wonder, if Onana is done, could we scupper Gana and use those funds for another striker?  Between Iwobi, Doucoure and Allan we seem to have better cover there than up front. 

According to Fab, Onana has signed a contract.

Gueye talks are at "final stages" as of yesterday.

Looks like Onana is over the line and the club are waiting for whatever reason. I'm confident Gueye will sign and come back, not that I'm ITK, just can't see him fucking us about and I think he will want to return.

Although not to say Fab has never been wrong, he was initially wrong in saying Brighton had agreed a deal with Chelsea for Cucurella, then Brighton came out saying no agreement had been reached! Can't think of another example of Fab being incorrect though.

3 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Haven’t been this excited for a transfer in a while. The midfield is looking strong! Now onto the attcack…

Obviously we get a striker in this window but in general you would think we won’t have too much to do at the back or in midfield the next couple windows. Should let us focus on the attack and maybe some promising youth prospects.