IGNORED

Amadou Onana

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Get Gana in asap, play Onana as a 3rd midfielder with Iwobi.  Can’t rely on him as a DM yet, reminds me of fellaini when he joined.  Let him get his minutes further up the pitch 

So then our formation is a 5-3-2? I like the idea of 3 in the midfield but then we're putting Gray/Gordon/McNeil up top which we've seen does not work at all

33 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Get Gana in asap, play Onana as a 3rd midfielder with Iwobi.  Can’t rely on him as a DM yet, reminds me of fellaini when he joined.  Let him get his minutes further up the pitch 

He is definitely a bit raw. I think the pace of the league has taken him by surprise a little.

I am not sure he should be played further forward though as he looked a bit lost when he got there today. He did ok against Villa I suppose, but I don't really see him as that type if player.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is definitely a bit raw. I think the pace of the league has taken him by surprise a little.

I am not sure he should be played further forward though as he looked a bit lost when he got there today. He did ok against Villa I suppose, but I don't really see him as that type if player.

I think he looked lost today because he picked up such an early yellow. As @Hafnia mentioned, he completely hid from the game after that yellow

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think he looked lost today because he picked up such an early yellow. As @Hafnia mentioned, he completely hid from the game after that yellow

He looked lost when he was deeper probably for that reason, but when he gets forward he just doesn't look like he is going to pick a pass or get a good strike on goal based on what I have seen today and in the videos from Lille.

I am confident we are a defensive midfielder and an offensive player short of what I feel we will end up with come the end of the transfer window. 

A lot where calling on Onana to start again Forest but he is not at Premier pace yet and is rightly being introduced slowly from the bench, if you hurry an enthusiastic younger to quickly it will end in red cards or an injury.

I think Gana (when he arrives) will give us that cover on midfield that will allow us to introduce him with a bit more ease. 

I am sure in the Forest game, there would have been shouts for Onana to just calm down a little after his yellow.

He wasn't careful after the yellow card at all because he could, and probably should, have been sent off shortly after it. Thankfully he calmed down after that though.

Definitely just think he hadn't anticipated the speed of the game here. Wanted too much time with the ball to make up his mind of what to do next.

It'll come though.

Is anyone worried about him i know he’s not fit yet but 33m to me he looks a bit brain dead and telling the crowd to get up I hate this. 
to me there were moments when he just walked around watching the game. 
we need him to come through big time. 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

Is anyone worried about him i know he’s not fit yet but 33m to me he looks a bit brain dead and telling the crowd to get up I hate this. 

I think it was a bad substitution, yeah I thought “he has got to be better than Davies” but you can’t really implement knowledge of playing a single pivot 6 in the premier league straight from the French league. 

davies for all his faults isn’t a bad player positionally.  The ideal way to get him on would have been to keep Davies on and give Onana a free midfield role and swap him for Coady and go flat back 4 maybe. I dunno it feels square pegs round holes till he can play the 6 or 8, we deffo need gana though. He will walk Onana through games.

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think it was a bad substitution, yeah I thought “he has got to be better than Davies” but you can’t really implement knowledge of playing a single pivot 6 in the premier league straight from the French league. 

davies for all his faults isn’t a bad player positionally.  The ideal way to get him on would have been to keep Davies on and give Onana a free midfield role and swap him for Coady and go flat back 4 maybe. I dunno it feels square pegs round holes till he can play the 6 or 8, we deffo need gana though. He will walk Onana through games.

For me I don’t care if we miss Gana the striker is top priority and also being linked to Garner from United. 

5 minutes ago, patto said:

For me I don’t care if we miss Gana the striker is top priority and also being linked to Garner from United. 

Both are critically important, we can’t play with the imobility of Davies or Allan, or doucoures inability to pass, we also can’t play with dcl who is either injured or may suffer confidence/form and rondon as back up. 

we are no where near where we need to be

21 minutes ago, patto said:

I think he had a major culture shock yesterday, caught in possession early on and booked, caused him to shrink back, plus after his attempt to rugby tackle, none of his team mates seemed to have any trust in him and didn’t pass the ball to him. It looked at bit like he was doing a Besic on his first hime game vs Chelsea.

A start against Fleetwood should do him some good and help with his fitness.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I think he had a major culture shock yesterday, caught in possession early on and booked, caused him to shrink back, plus after his attempt to rugby tackle, none of his team mates seemed to have any trust in him and didn’t pass the ball to him. It looked at bit like he was doing a Besic on his first hime game vs Chelsea.

A start against Fleetwood should do him some good and help with his fitness.

I think the hiding was cos of the yellow card. He will learn quick. 

It was clear to see the guy had to tone down and relax after the yellow card and nearly a sending off. But what happened after that showed maturity surely? 
Onana ended up sitting back and letting Iwobi get ten yards further up the field.

He could have easily lost his head there and tried to make up for it, and got sent off.

Its clear to see that his first touch is pretty good. He has a decent burst of pace. And he wants to go forward. 
Hos gesturing to the crowd is a sign of emotion…. Nothing wrong with it at all. 
We’ll it’s not something that is going to upset me haha.

I saw potential and room for growth, nothing to worry about at all for me.

3 hours ago, patto said:

He’s miles away from the finished product and always would be. He’s played a handful of top level games in his career so far. We’ve bought his potential. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

Yes I am, I think most with any knowledge of this league would have slight concerns about whether he will be able to cope with the pace and physicality you need to succeed here 33 million is a huge gamble for us so hopefully the homework has done thoughtfully and he doesn’t turnout to be another expensive misfit like many before him in the last 7 years. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

He’s miles away from the finished product and always would be. He’s played a handful of top level games in his career so far. We’ve bought his potential. 

He’s not the first midfielder to come the premier league and get caught on the ball and will not be the last.

Not to mention we are throwing him into the hardest part of the pitch. I’ve seen enough of his positivity & intent to believe he will be a good player. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Yes I am, I think most with any knowledge of this league would have slight concerns about whether he will be able to cope with the pace and physicality you need to succeed here 33 million is a huge gamble for us so hopefully the homework has done thoughtfully and he doesn’t turnout to be another expensive misfit like many before him in the last 7 years. 

I think he will be just fine physically, the man is an absolute monster at 21, and seems very good technically for his size.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

He’s not the first midfielder to come the premier league and get caught on the ball and will not be the last.

Not to mention we are throwing him into the hardest part of the pitch. I’ve seen enough of his positivity & intent to believe he will be a good player. 

You’ve seen enough of him to believe he will be a success, in how many minutes, there’s a lot more minutes to be played before he can be judged good or bad. He’s a gamble like most players of that age with no PL experience, we’ve had 4 young big money signings I can think of off the top of my head in the last few years that we thought were good and failed to perform in the PL. 

20 hours ago, Hafnia said:

, we deffo need gana though. He will walk Onana through games.

Please explain how Gona would walk anyone through a game, and give examples of where you have seen him do this in the past that’s  led you to believing he can do that. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Please explain how Gona would walk anyone through a game, and give examples of where you have seen him do this in the past that’s  led you to believing he can do that. 

Tell me your biggest strengths and weaknesses. 
What is your notice period?

Sound like a bloody job interview. 😂

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Tell me your biggest strengths and weaknesses. 
What is your notice period?

Sound like a bloody job interview. 😂

😂 I don’t know how he could help players around him develop, he has no voice and give's no instructions on the pitch, he doesn’t no how to mark a space and his movement of following the ball from one side of the pitch to the other and leaving team mates over loaded because he has left a man and a big space to travel 30 yards across the pitch when not required to do so is legendary. Davies grew up with him in the team and played along side him as youngster and impressionable young man, has his career flourished from the experience of Gona walking him through the game, can someone tell me anyone that has become a better player for having the benefit of Gona as their role model.