IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) 6th August

Romey 1878

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely a pen you can’t pull players back in the area they are going to go down. 

Still, a soft pen following Pawson giving away a free kick after Sterling literally fell over without contact. We can’t fucking win. Godfrey only injured because the linesman didn’t call the ball out of play when it was clearly out. This shit gets so tiring sometimes.

The lead up to that goal is a real mess across the back line. We don't deal with it down the left (Tarkowski / Gordon / Myk) then Mina is beaten in the air by Havertz, Sterling could have had a chance there and then, it gets recycled and Holgate moves out of his position, Mina is miles away and Doucoure tries to catch up. 

We got worked over, side to side and lost all of our discipline. 

Every season it is the same story. If you give teams lots of possession deep in your half, you become really susceptible to silly mistakes or a break of bad luck.

Just now, RPG said:

We are looking much better than I feared we might. Pickford got away with a handling error and a couple of his kicks could have been better but ok. Defence is better organised, better led and generally looking solid. Midfield was the area that I was most worried about but so far, apart from the pen, Doucoure and Iwobi have done well I think and the front three have done all that could be expected with lots of pace, good control and interplay. Any news on Godfrey yet?

Agree with all of that except the front three...a few break aways where we should have done much much better. McNeil has been almost anonymous (but decent when in the game). Now we have 5 subs I'd be changing it up at half time.

delle for demari

4 minutes ago, msloan78 said:

Definite penalty unfortunately, but some right bandit decisions.

Corner where Godfrey got injured.

No corner for Gordon.

2 free kick calls again Tarkowski on Sterling Vs a very similar challenge by Azpiluceita on Gray going unpunished.

On the Tarkowski foul, Sterling was already going down but Tarkowski still gave him a kick for good measure. 

He didn't bring him down but you still can't kick the player either. I can see why it was given, certainly not like he was innocent! 

4 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Agree with all of that except the front three...a few break aways where we should have done much much better. McNeil has been almost anonymous (but decent when in the game). Now we have 5 subs I'd be changing it up at half time.

delle for demari

@MikeO Dock GG 2000 points. Misspelled both of their names

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

On the Tarkowski foul, Sterling was already going down but Tarkowski still gave him a kick for good measure. 

He didn't bring him down but you still can't kick the player either. I can see why it was given, certainly not like he was innocent! 

I like his attitude, looks like he's been part of the club forever.

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely a pen you can’t pull players back in the area they are going to go down. 

But do we get that pen at the other end that's the question you need to ask yourself. Those fouls happen countless times a week in the box and the vast majority are not given as penalties.

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

I like his attitude, looks like he's been part of the club forever.

Yeh proper defender and you can see him and Mina always at the other players. 

He has got out of the line quickly to make a couple of blocks too. He might not have the highest top speed but he is quick enough off the blocks.

He is starting to get worked by Sterling though. He looks a bit uncomfortable.