IGNORED

Conor Coady

Great character, fits a deep back 5 perfectly and the deal looks good too. 

I might not like the type of football this leads to but at least it feels like some sort of cohesive transfer strategy. Tarkowski, Vinagre, Coady and McNeil have all played in a similar way for their previous clubs. Onana and Gueye are going to fit into those two midfield roles comfortably too. 

It won't be pretty but I am confident it will do enough to see us comfortable. 

Looks like we actually have a plan. Playing a back three Coady is ideal, he’ll step into it now problem. Will possibly be Coady, Tarkowski and Holgate (even if just for his pace in there). Holgate could learn a lot from them two, as can Mykolenko and Patterson. 
If hes cheap enough, as reported, then even better. 

I envisage that Mason Holgate will have two “I’m not taking any shit off you” voices ringing in his ears for 90 minutes - telling him exactly what to do, so when he drifts off to ball watching dream land he either gets jolted out or has Coady to mop up his lapses. 

Holgate can be a good defender but like Keane he struggles with concentration and know how. 

10 minutes ago, RPG said:

What I found interesting from the Chelsea game is that when Mina came off injured, Frank preferred to move Mykolenko into a CB position rather than bring Keane on. Keane therefore looks like being about 6th choice CB once everyone is fit - and assuming we don't get rid of any of them.

It may be that Keane needs rebuilding and there were stories of mental health issues last season so hopefully he will be in a good place soon, hopefully the fact that we won’t need to rely on him helps, will always be appreciative of him for his goal vs palace. 

mykolenko looks a very very good defender in the making.   The lad improves at a rapid rate. 

It can’t have just been me that over the last few seasons you look on enviously at clubs like Burnley, wolves, Liverpool,  who had tarkowski, mee, Coady, Henderson, vvd, Robertson etc and wished we had players like that?  

we will have 2 in that list, should be a huge swing in mentality 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: I just thought you were suggesting that the signing of Coady would help us to play pressing football, which would be madness because he's slow as fuck.

Haha no mate. It was responding to Bailey saying he won’t like the football we’ll be playing with these signings.

Football will be more compact at the back with high pressure. But we won’t have a fluid passing style. 
I just get more enjoyment from old fashioned pressure football.

Im not into this possession based stuff at all. It’s yawn football for me.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Haha no mate. It was responding to Bailey saying he won’t like the football we’ll be playing with these signings.

Football will be more compact at the back with high pressure. But we won’t have a fluid passing style. 

Yeh who wants us to see us score goals, keep clean sheets and win the league! 😂

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Yeh who wants us to see us score goals, keep clean sheets and win the league! 😂

You know what I mean haha.

I would rather do all that and play high intensity football. I do hate to say it, but Shite play more exciting football than city by a mile.

City is almost laid back, go grab a drink and come back and see what’s happened.

I prefer edge of your seat, blood pressure inducing, high stress, Everton football haha.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It also won't be pressure football. If your centre backs are slower than the Queen, they will stay as deep as they can. If the midfield or attackers press, it will just create holes everywhere. We will just give the other side the ball and what you saw with West Ham v City will just be us replacing West Ham.

I do think it is a needs must at the moment and it is probably be the way we have to play to move forward this season. Then we can try and build on it over the seasons to come.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You know what I mean haha.

I would rather do all that and play high intensity football. I do hate to say it, but Shite play more exciting football than city by a mile.

City is almost laid back, go grab a drink and come back and see what’s happened.

I prefer edge of your seat, blood pressure inducing, high stress, Everton football haha.

😂

I think they do too, they come out of the blocks so fast every single game. They have teams polished off within 20 minutes where as City are much more patient and build attack after attack, wearing down the other team.

I would love to see us go out and try to blow teams away from the first whistle, rather than huff and puff for 90!

I’m sure even our back line can walk up when our mid and forwards press haha .

Trust me, he isn’t getting in players like Gana and Onana to get them to sit.

If so… then let’s just sack Thelwell now because he must be either stupid…. Or along the same lines of football tactics and both yourself and Palfy 😉

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

looks like I got one right a good few weeks back! This must have been on the cards all that time.  

One would have to think this means at least one of Keane and Mina were set to leave. I suppose we are a bit lucky these injuries happened before they left as now we can alter plans a bit. Of course if Mina was sold before he was hurt that would have been ideal.

1 hour ago, badaids said:

Hopefully this means means Keane is on his way somewhere.

Whoever said that Tark and Coady won’t be putting up with any shit from the slackers around them has a very good point.

Probably was the plan but with the injuries maybe he gets a reprieve until the next window.