IGNORED

Viktor Gyökeres

43 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Several of these goals look so close to being offside. He must be timing his runs really well. I don’t see great quality here but he does seems to have a hunger for goals. 

Yea I don’t see a ton of quality based on this either. Lot of those are just sort of scuttling them over the line. I trust management based on the players they’ve brought in so if they think he’s best for the club right now then full support.

Two minds about this one. On one hand, he's too old for me to be considering whether he's ready for a step up to prem. That said, at this point I'll take almost anyone that provides us coverage. I'm a no if it's a transfer, especially one with any material fee. But a one year loan with the wages he's on, seems like a reasonable play to get some depth.

42 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Two minds about this one. On one hand, he's too old for me to be considering whether he's ready for a step up to prem. That said, at this point I'll take almost anyone that provides us coverage. I'm a no if it's a transfer, especially one with any material fee. But a one year loan with the wages he's on, seems like a reasonable play to get some depth.

Don't see many Championship clubs loaning up to the Prem.  Would certainly involve a transfer and a fee. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

How do you guys even watch football so much haha.

I feel my household are absolute fanatics…. And I’ve never heard of any of these guys were interested in.

I feel like I never watch any football. So many people have opinions on players I don’t know. They must watch so many games! My missus moans when I just watch Everton. 😂

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Why would they even consider a loan? 

seems pretty pacey and not afraid to run forward outpacing defenders with the ball.

Got to say, dog shite goalkeeping for some of those goals!  Based on that I'm not surprised Mitrovic scored 400 goals or however many it was last season! :D 

He'd fit in pretty well with our fast counter attacking that we've been successful when actioned right over the last couple of years but only 1 header in there and not much set up utilising wing backs which seems to be more where we're going at the moment.

Whilst I do think you can crab at the goalkeeping and defending in a lot of those goals, I don't think he is without some promise. He might not be the quickest but he isn't slow. He has a bit of physicality about him too. He also looks like he reads the game well, makes some really smart and well timed runs and links the play nicely. Unless there is also a video of him missing loads of sitters, he also seems pretty composed in front of goal too. 

Looking at his basic stats he also seems to have a decent goal scoring record and assist record wherever he has played, albeit clearly at a much lower level.

He is the type of guy you can take a punt on at the right price and see if he can adapt. If he doesn't, you can sell him back down the leagues for a decent enough price too because there will be others willing to take a chance on him with that record.

• 4 months later...

looks to have decent pace, gets in good spots in the box and can finish well.  Also a few goals where he showed good strength holding off the defender.  A few that I saw were very much championship level fails by keeper or defenders but he took his chances.

Seems to link up well as well, quite often involved in the build up then gets himself in the right spot.

None of their goals that I watched were crosses which is maybe contrary to how we've played with DCL.  Coventry appear to play on the break quite a bit with fast pace attacks (just how we have had success in the past but then revert away from it!).

for the price he's worth a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Recalling Simms to use him as a makeweight does make more sense than recalling him in the hope he is ready to score the goals to keep us I the Premiership 

https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/exclusive-whites-firmly-involved-transfer-chase-67-goal-striker-everton-join-hunt-tempting-swap

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Recalling Simms to use him as a makeweight does make more sense than recalling him in the hope he is ready to score the goals to keep us I the Premiership 

https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/exclusive-whites-firmly-involved-transfer-chase-67-goal-striker-everton-join-hunt-tempting-swap

Something I thought of earlier... can he play for another club this season (Simms) having had time on the pitch for both Sunderland and us?

I thought you could only be registered for two clubs in a season?

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Something I thought of earlier... can he play for another club this season (Simms) having had time on the pitch for both Sunderland and us?

I thought you could only be registered for two clubs in a season?

Thought it was 3? In any case, I'd like to think our recruitment staff aren't that shit.

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought it was 3? In any case, I'd like to think our recruitment staff aren't that shit.

Quick Google...

It used to be two and it was opened up temporarily to three after Covid.

I can't see anything that says it has ever gone back to two.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Quick Google...

It used to be two and it was opened up temporarily to three after Covid.

I can't see anything that says it has ever gone back to two.

A development...

Players can be registered for three clubs in one season but they can only play for two unless there is an overlapping season (not relevant in this situation.

So we were both right and yes our recruitment department are that shit... Albeit I imagine it is because they have no intention of letting Simms leave again, which would mean they aren't shit at all.