IGNORED

Mohammed Kudus

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've complained in the past that we seem reluctant to look further than the end of our own nose for signings so if we pull this off (along with Onana) then Thelwell deserves massive credit.

Agree with this. I think they have gone with some safe and steady signings in Tarkowski and Coady, hopefully to toughen us up a bit at the back, and now being a bit more risky higher up the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, StevO said:

Agree with this. I think they have gone with some safe and steady signings in Tarkowski and Coady, hopefully to toughen us up a bit at the back, and now being a bit more risky higher up the pitch. 

I can't say I'm a massive fan of Tarkowski or Coady (him in particular) but it was clear we needed to be more solid at the back, so I can see where we were coming from bringing them in, and they didn't cost us anything. 

We needed to add athleticism, energy and dynamism to our midfield and Onana and Kudus look like being all of those things, and the right age profile that they can either grow with us or we can sell them for big money in the future if needs be (Kudus if his loan goes well and we buy him, obviously).

Now we just need to do something in the forward area.

Again… I know it’s probably just clips of Ajax second string, but this guy seems to have that low centre of balance and is strong. Must be technically good as you don’t often watch a highlights video with a player doing pirouette’s on four different clips.

My biggest worry is that he feels right, and someone might come in last second now we’ve found him.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

The level always matters. But hopefully he’s good enough. 
A lot of the clips doing the rounds are not for Ajax’s first team, but it’s clear he’s got a lot of potential. 

Not with isolated skills. For instance the confidence and technical ability in taking that volley off the bounce for his goal vs PSV  is impressive in any league. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Again… I know it’s probably just clips of Ajax second string, but this guy seems to have that low centre of balance and is strong. Must be technically good as you don’t often watch a highlights video with a player doing pirouette’s on four different clips.

My biggest worry is that he feels right, and someone might come in last second now we’ve found him.

Agreed. The agility is noticeable and Doesn’t have anything to do with the level he’s playing against.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I am just going to sound the Dutch league warning klaxon... please take two steps back... :celebrate:

I admit its not the ideal emoji but it will have to do! 

What’s the strike rate of successes from Dutch league?  Not great. 

RVP, RVN, Bergkamp, Robben, surez, Pienaar….. a few more I’m sure but there is a risk.

he’s a loan though and we look to have a player with great athleticism/balance, which all the above have… even bergkamp did as he was deceptively strong and combative. 

I think many of the failures from Holland are guys who lacked speed or strength. 

One of the comments I seen a few times is he is “press resistant”.  We badly need that, look at how Delph improved us last year at the end vs Doucoure,  I’m not saying Delph is press resistant but he had a calm on the ball which helped us out when we looked like we could collapse.

having a player who seemingly evades a press is huge, doucs gets pressed then passes and he can’t pass well. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What’s the strike rate of successes from Dutch league?  Not great. 

RVP, RVN, Bergkamp, Robben, surez, Pienaar….. a few more I’m sure but there is a risk.

he’s a loan though and we look to have a player with great athleticism/balance, which all the above have… even bergkamp did as he was deceptively strong and combative. 

I think many of the failures from Holland are guys who lacked speed or strength. 

I think it is a very different league to the Premier League. Technically ability is huge in the Eridivise and whilst that is important here too, you also need to be physically up to scratch. You can see from those clips that the time and space he gets is far different to what he will get here. If he tries some of those turns in this league, he will be on his arse and the ball will be turned over. 

The loan to buy is a great chance for us to get a good look at him and see what he really has to offer. He looks like he has a lot of talent and hopefully he can adapt to the league (and stay fit!).

8 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Not with isolated skills. For instance the confidence and technical ability in taking that volley off the bounce for his goal vs PSV  is impressive in any league. 

But when you don’t take into account the levels you’re not taking into account the opposition. Try that at a higher level and you don’t have the time to execute. Isolated skills don’t mean a thing on a football pitch. 

Evening everyone, I've just done a short video detailing everything you need to know about Mohammed Kudus for those of you interested. Really talented little player who can become truly elite under the right circumstances. I'd love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have on him, cheers and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

In that the transfer is not happening?

Yeah. Apparently it's been denied in Holland and they're saying it's completely untrue.

Was hoping to come on here and have my mind put at ease but no one's picked up on that at all. Which may mean that the denial was untrue.

1 hour ago, footywithuti said:

Evening everyone, I've just done a short video detailing everything you need to know about Mohammed Kudus for those of you interested. Really talented little player who can become truly elite under the right circumstances. I'd love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have on him, cheers and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Thank you Footywithuti, really enjoying these videos your doing. Do you have a you tube channel to follow?

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Thank you Footywithuti, really enjoying these videos your doing. Do you have a you tube channel to follow?

Done some serious detective work and I've come to the conclusion that his channel is most likely the one he put that video on, could be wrong:huh:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_e1EBCRq07Vy0EuK_r5ZA