IGNORED

Leeds (Away) 30th August

Btay

3 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

When you say it “gives him ammunition” the implication is he needs a reason. You even gave the reason, a lack of success with 4 at the back. If Frank feels like he has to justify his formations to the media or to the supporters then I’d be concerned.

Let this be a lesson to you not to assume then 👍.

Just now, Aidan said:

Almost definitely not a back 3. Wonder if we'd have set up this way with Holgate fit, if so, Keane is really falling out of favour.

That being said I think I'd rather see Keane start in the 3 over Davies.

I would have thought the plan was to sell Mina or Keane before the injuries. Given how they were used so far Keane might have been the one slated to leave.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Let this be a lesson to you not to assume then 👍.

I mean, I think it’s a pretty clear reading of what you said. What other interpretation of “gives him ammunition” is there? If you meant something different than let this be a lesson to choose your words more carefully, lest you be misunderstood.

Hopefully our verbal sparring is a sign of a spirited Everton performance.

1 minute ago, SpartyBlue said:

I mean, I think it’s a pretty clear reading of what you said. What other interpretation of “gives him ammunition” is there? If you meant something different than let this be a lesson to choose your words more carefully, lest you be misunderstood.

Hopefully our verbal sparring is a sign of a spirited Everton performance.

You can keep chatting shite telling me what I meant but I reckon I know better than you, seeing as I'm the one that thought and then typed it.

Now fuck off.

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Almost definitely not a back 3. Wonder if we'd have set up this way with Holgate fit, if so, Keane is really falling out of favour.

That being said I think I'd rather see Keane start in the 3 over Davies.

I wouldn't.  Going to need that extra player in midfield today.  Need to stop these from running because once they get going they will be flying by any of our available CBs.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You can keep chatting shite telling me what I meant but I reckon I know better than you, seeing as I'm the one that thought and then typed it.

Now fuck off.

Define “gives him ammunition” since you insist on carrying on. If multiple people have understood you to mean something other than what you intended it stands to reason that you were not very clear. 

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

Define “gives him ammunition” since you insist on carrying on. If multiple people have understood you to mean something other than what you intended it stands to reason that you were not very clear. 

Telling you to fuck off is not carrying on, it's ending it.

I made sure to choose my words very carefully just for you dim sum.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Telling you to fuck off is not carrying on, it's ending it.

I made sure to choose my words very carefully just for you dim sum.

Well now you’re just being hurtful.

I mean we all make mistakes. Strange to me you can’t just say “Hey, that’s not what I meant”. Ah well.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I could have sworn there was an article on the official site about him being available as well. I even went and checked today when the rumour came about and it wasn't there (if it had been at all).

It’s probably not a situation that comes up much so reasonable they would overlook it. 

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

Putting all the Maupay stuff to one side, it’s frightening that our bench is so poor/ inexperienced after only 4 games in.

Hopefully grab something tonight and have a busy two days bring in and clearing some out.

Yeah, if the starting 11 don't get the job done then there's nothing coming from the bench to win it I fear.

Not a good position to be in with our upcoming games.

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

Putting all the Maupay stuff to one side, it’s frightening that our bench is so poor/ inexperienced after only 4 games in.

Hopefully grab something tonight and have a busy two days bring in and clearing some out.

Lot of injuries. Will eventually have DCL, Doucoure, Godfrey,Holgate, prob Davies 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

What concerns me is can we keep the ball in their half enough to keep the pressure off our back 4, McNeil and Gray don’t fill me with much confidence in being able to execute that role both give the ball away to easily. 

Of course we bloody can't! What have you been watching this last 12 months.

Throw in two of the slowest CBs in the league and we will not be squeezing up the pitch to dominate possession.

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What concerns me is can we keep the ball in their half enough to keep the pressure off our back 4, McNeil and Gray don’t fill me with much confidence in being able to execute that role both give the ball away to easily. 

McNeil needs to do something today. That brace in the friendly is a distant memory