IGNORED

Liverpool (Home) - 3rd September

FairWooney

Refereeing shite again. No surprise there. We definitely looked the better team for the first 25-30 minutes until every call started going their way.

Davies has had a few good moments but, more often than not, his first touch (or lack thereof) has let us down.

Hard to see us get deflated by officiating but good to see a little fight there at the end.

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Refereeing shite again. No surprise there. We definitely looked the better team for the first 25-30 minutes until every call started going their way.

Davies has had a few good moments but, more often than not, his first touch (or lack thereof) has let us down.

Hard to see us get deflated by officiating but good to see a little fight there at the end.

Come on let’s not go there. In the moment absolutely but I can’t stand complaining about this after the fact. 

I think that is a really positive first half. It has been pretty even without much quality from either side in the final third.

I like how the CB's are trying their best to push out and squeeze the game as this is making it hard for them to play through midfield as they want to. I also love the feistiness across the whole team. Onana has been fantastic, I just hope he can control his game after that booking. You can see Gueye coming on for him at some stage. We have a couple of chances, Maupay completely scuffing a half chance and Davies probably looking like he should score (great work from Patterson to win the ball back). On the whole, I think he has been really good too. I have always liked him the most when he can drift forward into space. He isn't a defensive midfielder, for all that he has also proven he isn't a finisher either!

We are still having a few issues as well. They have had chances from set pieces again. Nunez is also peeling away at the far post and had a couple of chances against Patterson and Davies. If he gets a couple more he will get closer to scoring. We have also had issues on the counter attack too which they haven't made the most of. On the whole though we have done well to stop them developing, especially as the half went on (generally). The back four have done well on the whole but those two chances highlighted their deficiencies, Tarkowski getting done far too easily in behind (great cover from Patterson) and then Coady being unable to get close enough and stop the shot from Diaz. I also think our front three have been poor. Maupay isn't really having an impact just yet. 

I don't see Liverpool being as toothless in this second half so everyone needs to step up again to see this out. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Come on let’s not go there. In the moment absolutely but I can’t stand complaining about this after the fact. 

Let’s not go to the obvious momentum-changer? Okay. We’ll pretend Anthony Taylor isn’t a complete piece of shit until he makes a decision that changes the outcome.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think that is a really positive first half. It has been pretty even without much quality from either side in the final third.

I like how the CB's are trying their best to push out and squeeze the game as this is making it hard for them to play through midfield as they want to. I also love the feistiness across the whole team. Onana has been fantastic, I just hope he can control his game after that booking. You can see Gueye coming on for him at some stage. We have a couple of chances, Maupay completely scuffing a half chance and Davies probably looking like he should score (great work from Patterson to win the ball back). On the whole, I think he has been really good too. I have always liked him the most when he can drift forward into space. He isn't a defensive midfielder, for all that he has also proven he isn't a finisher either!

We are still having a few issues as well. They have had chances from set pieces again. Nunez is also peeling away at the far post and had a couple of chances against Patterson and Davies. If he gets a couple more he will get closer to scoring. We have also had issues on the counter attack too which they haven't made the most of. On the whole though we have done well to stop them developing, especially as the half went on (generally). The back four have done well on the whole but those two chances highlighted their deficiencies, Tarkowski getting done far too easily in behind (great cover from Patterson) and then Coady being unable to get close enough and stop the shot from Diaz. I also think our front three have been poor. Maupay isn't really having an impact just yet. 

I don't see Liverpool being as toothless in this second half so everyone needs to step up again to see this out. 

It's true that Davies and Patterson have let a few things slip, but we can expect that against a team of Liverpool's quality.  On the other hand, they have caused more than a few issues for the the RS, hopefully they can continue to do that.