IGNORED

Boulaye Dia

On 14/10/2022 at 05:03, Romey 1878 said:

Aaargh! How can journalists get away with this? "He was part of the Villarreal team which reached the Champions league semi-final last season." It's 'that', not 'which'.

Calling @MikeO.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Bill said:

Go back and see the teams who are after him, we are last in the queue.

A lot of players are attracted to the Premier League and think even in our state we could still compete wages wise with the Italian teams and of the three Premiership teams mentioned I would fancy our chances over Burnley so I would have to disagree 

35 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

A lot of players are attracted to the Premier League and think even in our state we could still compete wages wise with the Italian teams and of the three Premiership teams mentioned I would fancy our chances over Burnley so I would have to disagree 

We managed to get Onana over West Ham who had just had a decent season and qualified for Europe while we'd just escaped relegation.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we can beat off competition again if we can put in a competitive offer.

On 18/06/2023 at 18:55, Romey 1878 said:

We managed to get Onana over West Ham who had just had a decent season and qualified for Europe while we'd just escaped relegation.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we can beat off competition again if we can put in a competitive offer.

Problem is we dont have the finances to try and do that against other PL teams and its deals like Onana that if they dont come off, end up costing us big on FFP.

Even after a very average season, it looks like we will be able to move him on for a decent fee so it has worked out this time but its failed plenty of times in the past!

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't feel our transfer team are dynamic enough to get a deal done in a day or two. 

but Maupay as a down payment on a 25M euro deal for Dia would be a great deal for us. Dia seems to score everywhere he goes and would fit in to a low possession system from what I have read. 

I won't hold my breath.

44 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No replacement for DCL and won’t suit the style of football we are looking to play with wingers getting crosses in, not one clip of him jumping for the ball or using his head once, that won’t work for us. 

We really haven't seen much of DCL under Dyche, and there is a possibility he may not be in Dyche plans as far as style goes any way. I'm not saying that is the case, but I wouldn't pin everything on the way DCL plays at the moment. He's proven too unreliable with injuries the past couple of seasons. Obviously, I hope he is fit and leading the line for us. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

We also don't really know what Dyches style is for us. Last season was all hands to stations but that's not necessarily how he wants to play. More creative players like Danjuma may allow him to do more on the floor. 

Now that would be the science 🙏

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

We also don't really know what Dyches style is for us. Last season was all hands to stations but that's not necessarily how he wants to play. More creative players like Danjuma may allow him to do more on the floor. 

Dyche regularly talks about his wingers being deep to help out the fullbacks and that means the striker is going to be isolated more often than not.

When we play teams that can push us back, I think it is very likely that we will still need a long out ball where the striker is going to have to fight for everything. They will either need pace or strength, or both. If they don't the ball will just come straight back again. I don't see us playing out from deep positions very often!