IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 19th October

Btay

11 hours ago, Btay said:

They have played some decent stuff but they have only won 2 of their last 7. Both wins came against brentford & Fulham respectively, Fulham had a red card in the 8th minute as well.

Bruno guimaraes & Trippier are doubts.

I hope we don’t pay them too much respect and really get after them. Especially if Dan Burn is at LB. 

If they are missing it would be huge for us and a game we should be targetting all 3 points as they are not far off a pub side with all those players out! 

@Btay

I will just add to the results thing. They drew with Brighton (with Potter), City, United and lost at the death to Liverpool. 

They have then had frustrating draws with poor sides that have sat deep and they havent broken them down. Bar the Palace game which looked very open they completely dominated Wolves and Bournemouth. 

I think if they start well and get an early goal they will then have us on the counter later in the game. I cant see us doing anything but trying to frustrate them and nicking a goal and trying to hold on. 

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If they are missing it would be huge for us and a game we should be targetting all 3 points as they are not far off a pub side with all those players out! 

Both are starting unfortunately.

Dan burn is playing at Lb, Gray should have a field day running against him.

The 2 most ineffective players from Spurs game have been benched, I can see Gordon being a handful and giving the Newcastle defence a tough time, will we be able to play to DCL strengths not sure, we will be relying on Mykolenko and Coleman getting forward and putting some decent crosses in, which they haven't shown they are capable of doing.  

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The 2 most ineffective players from Spurs game have been benched, I can see Gordon being a handful and giving the Newcastle defence a tough time, will we be able to play to DCL strengths not sure, we will be relying on Mykolenko and Coleman getting forward and putting some decent crosses in, which they haven't shown they are capable of doing.  

I’d be looking for Gordon and Gray to be more of the crosses, classic get to the bye lone and cut it back is what Dom thrives on.