IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 19th October

Btay

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Needs to have a word with himself. We bring this on to us week in week out with a negative approach.

I'm not sure what else to do when we've got a squad as poor as ours. We're not a very good side, and are the lesser side in 75% of all games we'll go into this season. 

If we went all guns blazing against Newcastle we'd be picked off on the counter, 100%.

7 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Never a penalty, he on his way down as soon as he gets half a step across.  Be surprised if Gordon ever gets another penalty call live from  a ref. 

Can't believe he ran all that way, won the ball and then threw himself over. Toon fans right to chant cheat at him.

The Myko and Gray partnership just doesn’t exist, neither puts a good ball to the other. Onana needs to release the ball earlier. DCL a probably won’t make  it beyond 60 mins, we need to get one back before then and then let Maupay have a run and cause some problems. 
Garner to replace Onana at some point unless he improves when they come out again.

Just now, RuffRob said:

Onana lost the ball, but just walked back. He really need to learn Premiership is full throttle 100% of the time.

A couple of times he had the ball in midfield and bimbled forward and let himself get caught,muscled off the ball, as well as let them get back into shape.No intensity.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm not sure what else to do when we've got a squad as poor as ours. We're not a very good side, and are the lesser side in 75% of all games we'll go into this season. 

If we went all guns blazing against Newcastle we'd be picked off on the counter, 100%.

Only Bournemouth have had less of the ball than us this season, 2nd most long balls, 3rd least shots on target, 4th least amount played in the opposition third. I watch us week in week out, we might as well have allerdyce managing us the football is fucking awful.

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Needs to have a word with himself. We bring this on to us week in week out with a negative approach.

I don’t think we’ve set up to be negative. Apart from a 5 minute period, no one has tried to win the physical battle against their man. We may lack a bit quality on the ball, I think we all know that at the moment but there’s no fight.

Hard to be positive when all your attackers plus Onana just keep going to ground which is basically just a turnover.  Puts the defense under constant pressure.  If I was Tarks or Coady I would be screaming at them.  How about holding it up and trying a pass? vs dribbling straight forward as fast as you can and then hit the deck?

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I don’t think we’ve set up to be negative. Apart from a 5 minute period, no one has tried to win the physical battle against their man. We may lack a bit quality on the ball, I think we all know that at the moment but there’s no fight.

We've had 2 shots hit the target in 2 and a half games of football. I'd say it's unbelievable but it isn't.