IGNORED

Feedback & Content Requests

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed Mister Drones last video, can see clearly why there looks like a lack of exit stairwells for exiting the stands, could be a long time for the people at the top of the stands to exit the stadium, but the downside of more stairwells means less capacity, so an extra 10 minutes or so to leave the ground is a small compromise for a larger capacity. 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Really enjoyed Mister Drones last video, can see clearly why there looks like a lack of exit stairwells for exiting the stands, could be a long time for the people at the top of the stands to exit the stadium, but the downside of more stairwells means less capacity, so an extra 10 minutes or so to leave the ground is a small compromise for a larger capacity. 

The offset of that is there are more exits from the stadium, and more stairwells inside the stands, so it should flow pretty well. The bigger concourses will help too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finding it hard to get excited about the new stadium at the moment, all the shite going on surrounding the club, team, manager, and the reality that we will probably be relegated as completely taken the gloss off the new stadium for me, so much so that I'm now starting to look at it as a potential financial sentence whether kept by the club or sold to an investor.  

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Finding it hard to get excited about the new stadium at the moment, all the shite going on surrounding the club, team, manager, and the reality that we will probably be relegated as completely taken the gloss off the new stadium for me, so much so that I'm now starting to look at it as a potential financial sentence whether kept by the club or sold to an investor.  

I’m the same. I’ve been looking forward to every video that comes out, but now it feels like a chore. I want to get back to being excited about it, after all, we’ve waited about 20 years to be at this point. 
The only thing I can see from this is that should by some miracle we stay in the premier league, the stadium could make the club more valuable and make Moshiri some money so he fucks off. If he does I don’t see any new buyer keeping the rest of the clowns in a job. I don’t want to derail this section of the site, I put it together for one reason, but it’s tough right now isn’t it?

25 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m the same. I’ve been looking forward to every video that comes out, but now it feels like a chore. I want to get back to being excited about it, after all, we’ve waited about 20 years to be at this point. 
The only thing I can see from this is that should by some miracle we stay in the premier league, the stadium could make the club more valuable and make Moshiri some money so he fucks off. If he does I don’t see any new buyer keeping the rest of the clowns in a job. I don’t want to derail this section of the site, I put it together for one reason, but it’s tough right now isn’t it?

I wouldn't want or expect you to derail what you have put together, the locomotive has already left the station so we need to see it reach it's destination. My biggest problem is I don't trust Moshiri he hasn't got or doesn't want to put his own money in to finish the project. I worry if he can't find a buyer for Club and ground, he may try and sell the ground independently of the Club to claw back his losses. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn't want or expect you to derail what you have put together, the locomotive has already left the station so we need to see it reach it's destination. My biggest problem is I don't trust Moshiri he hasn't got or doesn't want to put his own money in to finish the project. I worry if he can't find a buyer for Club and ground, he may try and sell the ground independently of the Club to claw back his losses. 

Is Palfy Mr Burns?!

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

17 hours ago, StevO said:

The thing will probably fucking sink the day after it's opened with the way things are going with this club.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

On these videos, the club being in such a shambles and an awful state, a few of the drone operators have now chosen to ignore the time and day requests the club have had in place for a while. Just one more group of people with little/less respect for the club. 

Kudos to them why should they respect the clubs wishes, when clearly the club doesn't respect its fans. 

The last few uploaded videos have felt like a chore for the first time. The enthusiasm just hasn’t been there. But after watching Barry’s video tonight I was reminded that this new stadium will be stunning. It already looks so good under the lights and we’re half way through the build. The club is a shambles, no doubt, but thankfully there are some really talented people like Dan Meis, Colin Chong, the team at Laing O’Rourke who are bringing it together, the people at the steel and prefab concrete factories, the crane operators, the people getting their hands dirty on site and the contractors doing the work we can’t see yet inside the stadium. These people are doing a great job. At the moment they are the only positives around Everton, today I’m a bit more grateful to them for their efforts.

And the fellas going out in the crappy weather, flying their own drones, editing the videos and putting them out there for us to see. Do them a favour and hit like if you watch any of their videos. 

I really hope this stadium is in the Premier League. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

The last few uploaded videos have felt like a chore for the first time. The enthusiasm just hasn’t been there. But after watching Barry’s video tonight I was reminded that this new stadium will be stunning. It already looks so good under the lights and we’re half way through the build. The club is a shambles, no doubt, but thankfully there are some really talented people like Dan Meis, Colin Chong, the team at Laing O’Rourke who are bringing it together, the people at the steel and prefab concrete factories, the crane operators, the people getting their hands dirty on site and the contractors doing the work we can’t see yet inside the stadium. These people are doing a great job. At the moment they are the only positives around Everton, today I’m a bit more grateful to them for their efforts.

And the fellas going out in the crappy weather, flying their own drones, editing the videos and putting them out there for us to see. Do them a favour and hit like if you watch any of their videos. 

I really hope this stadium is in the Premier League. 

When do we think the announcement is coming that we’ve ran out of money and building will have to cease? :lol: 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

We haven't seen or heard much from Kenwright, do you think there's any chance he's been buried in the fresh concrete poured on the East Stand. 

If wouldn’t surprise me if when he gets to his final days he has already planned for his body to be preserved in bronze and put at the top of the new western terrace. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very interested to know if there has been much settlement or more or less than expected considering what the stadium has been built on. I vaguely remember watching a documentary many years ago, about an airport that was built on a similar structure that was sinking and moving at an alarming rate, can't remember whether it was in Japan or if the architect was Japanese but from memory it was along those lines. Would be interesting to know though all the same. Steve over to you mate 😊

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would be very interested to know if there has been much settlement or more or less than expected considering what the stadium has been built on. I vaguely remember watching a documentary many years ago, about an airport that was built on a similar structure that was sinking and moving at an alarming rate, can't remember whether it was in Japan or if the architect was Japanese but from memory it was along those lines. Would be interesting to know though all the same. Steve over to you mate 😊

I can answer this, I think. 😂

though the stadium is built on sand, it’s not actually sitting on the sand. It’s more like the sand is under it but not part of the structure. 
There are a series of piles that form the foundation. Each load bearing part of the stadium is connected to the piles. There are hundreds of them. If I remember right, each pile goes down about 20 meters into the ground. 
I think that’s somewhat accurate but I might be wrong. Maybe I’ll check the plans again when I’ve chance. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...