IGNORED

Bournemouth (Away) EFL Cup Tuesday 8th November

Btay

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s us out of the cup, that’s what it is.

At least the club have paid for the tickets and travel for those fans making the journey so it’s only their time that they’ve wasted

Stranger things have happened, I sense a roflstomp

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

What? This a complete wind up?

We have 6 midfielders at the club who all should be in that spot before him.  Why do people always forget Garner and Onana have both played this role at previous clubs?

We have a squad now and hopefully playing people out of position is a thing of the past.

I really dont see Garner as a holding midfielder. I'd like to see him allowed a bit more free rein to see what he can do.

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

I'd go with 4-3-3

Begovic
Patterson  Holgate    Mina   Vinagre

Garner     Doucoure     Davies 

McNeil            Maupay               Gordon

Probably too soon for Godfrey.  Rumors of Keane out on loan in January so more important to us to get the other CBs who might actually play this season some minutes.  Remember Coady is on loan from Wolves and thus will miss those games.  Only use Gray and Iwobi if needed with an eye towards the weekend.  Hopefully Bournemouth have a weak lineup and we cruise through allowing us to throw on some youth like Mills, Welch, or Cannon. 

Would tell the midfield to stay in shape, pack the middle, and control the game which might allow our full backs to get forward.  Doucoure with the most license to get forward but they could easily rotate (ie making sure two stay in midfield)

You’re pretty much spot on. This is the time to play bench warmers with youngsters coming on at 60 minutes. Well done to our management team for understanding where our priorities should be. 

8 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

You’re pretty much spot on. This is the time to play bench warmers with youngsters coming on at 60 minutes. Well done to our management team for understanding where our priorities should be. 

It’s the start of November and the players have a 6 week break after the weekend, personally I think ending a 27 year trophy drought should have been a bigger priority 

11 changes, on the plus side we never even used to have enough players to do that!

only 3 of Saturdays 11 on the bench as well!

I don't mind that and don't mind the 3-5-2, wouldn't be against us giving it another go in the league as our current 4-3-3 doesn't seem to be getting us much going forward.

Patterson and Vinagre both capable of causing them problems down the wings.

My concern would be not having an experienced centre back to cover Mina's likely injury mid game!  Given that none of the 3 have played in a long time and 2 of them have been injured it's quite a risk to not have any experienced defenders on the bench.

10 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

My concern would be not having an experienced centre back to cover Mina's likely injury mid game!  Given that none of the 3 have played in a long time and 2 of them have been injured it's quite a risk to not have any experienced defenders on the bench.

OS seems to indicate 352.  If Mina is injured, presumably Lampard would switch mid-match to a back 4.