IGNORED

Southampton (Home) 14th Jan

Romey 1878

2 hours ago, RPG said:

And if both teams try to do that it will be the most boring 0-0 of the season - but I do tend to agree with you.

For that very reason, I think we will win as Soton's confidence will be up after beating Man C and they may well try to come at us a bit more. So, provided we don't concede an early goal and lose the crowd I think we may well win.

It’s more that neither team has the attacking flair to pick apart a set defence. Early goal as you mentioned is the key and then pick them off as they push forward.

• Following their 2-1 win at St Mary's in October, Everton are looking to complete their first Premier League double over Southampton since 2001-02.

• Southampton are winless in their past 17 Premier League away games against Everton (D5 L12), since a 2-0 victory in November 1997.

• Since the start of last season, Demarai Gray has scored more Premier League goals than any other current Everton player (8), despite enduring runs of 21 games (December 2021 to August 2022) and 13 games (August 2022 to December 2022) without a goal in that time.

• Southampton have lost their past six Premier League games – they've never lost seven consecutive league games in their history.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Following their 2-1 win at St Mary's in October, Everton are looking to complete their first Premier League double over Southampton since 2001-02.

• Southampton are winless in their past 17 Premier League away games against Everton (D5 L12), since a 2-0 victory in November 1997.

• Since the start of last season, Demarai Gray has scored more Premier League goals than any other current Everton player (8), despite enduring runs of 21 games (December 2021 to August 2022) and 13 games (August 2022 to December 2022) without a goal in that time.

• Southampton have lost their past six Premier League games – they've never lost seven consecutive league games in their history.

That doesn't give me any confidence that we will carry those good stats into this game. 

17 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I have absolutely no idea why but after being worried sick about this game all week I have woken up this morning in a very positive mood and can’t wait to get in and around the ground 

Once I'm in the ground and the game gets going the fire will be there, no doubt about that. It's the build up I hate, I just wish it was time for kick off now.

38 minutes ago, RPG said:

Well, this isn’t a great start:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64275576

Wonder if it's a credible threat or if it's the board spinning things onto the fans again. For all the uproar and threats there hasn't been anything on social media (from what I've seen) that would be deemed as a serious threat. 

Given the communications and the behaviour of the board recently, it would not surprise me if this is a fabricated story designed to get out of what would have been a very difficult afternoon for them.

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Its BS, if there had been any physical intimidation or threats of violence we would have heard about it.

Our fans are not like that, when I was at the Wolves game there was anger, frustration, but ho physical intimidation towards the board.

My view exactly.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

They are pretty specific allegations if they aren't true.

If it was BS they could have easily just blamed it as online hate. 

They would have been reported to the Police, so should be easy to verify by any respectable journalist, with Bill sadly I expect he's received death threats for 10 or more years, on a regular basis. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They would have been reported to the Police, so should be easy to verify by any respectable journalist, with Bill sadly I expect he's received death threats for 10 or more years, on a regular basis. 

Yep you would expect so and I imagine the Police would do some sort of press release soon enough. 

Personally I am not sure why someone would get another person in a headlock to show their dissatisfaction but there you go!