IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

He walked down the tunnel fuming. I bet behind doors he ripped them apart, he doesn’t look like the timid type does he.

Where did you see this? I’m seriously hoping they got their arses handed to them.

Coleman? I could not believe what an insipid effort he gave on his 400th game. 

complete lack of courage and effort. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Coleman? I could not believe what an insipid effort he gave on his 400th game. 

complete lack of courage and effort. 

I didn't see that personally.

I saw a player that was completely unable to deal with the pace of the game, as many were. 

His effort was there, he was just too slow to everything and too weak to deal with Nunes in particular.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I didn't see that personally.

I saw a player that was completely unable to deal with the pace of the game, as many were. 

His effort was there, he was just too slow to everything and too weak to deal with Nunes in particular.

2 goals where he had the option to bring the player down. 

19 hours ago, Hafnia said:

2 goals where he had the option to bring the player down. 

I agree on the whole but having said that, first goal in particular he was so far away Nunes had moved the ball on long before Seamus got there so even if he had clattered him, the ball would have been gone with the ref waving play on (albeit then Nunes wouldn't have got the return).

Gueye was closer to Gakpo and that was the easier man to bring down in that move.

Even for the second goal we had 4 v 3 and when Salah plays the ball to TAA we have a 7 v 5 but Coady fucks it up. It isn't like we didn't have the players there to deal with it and the ball should have been easily dealt with.

It is another one of those long term recruitment issues. Coleman needed to be replaced a long time ago and then when we did get a replacement, it was a young lad who is incredibly raw.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I agree on the whole but having said that, first goal in particular he was so far away Nunes had moved the ball on long before Seamus got there so even if he had clattered him, the ball would have been gone with the ref waving play on (albeit then Nunes wouldn't have got the return).

Gueye was closer to Gakpo and that was the easier man to bring down in that move.

Even for the second goal we had 4 v 3 and when Salah plays the ball to TAA we have a 7 v 5 but Coady fucks it up. It isn't like we didn't have the players there to deal with it and the ball should have been easily dealt with.

It is another one of those long term recruitment issues. Coleman needed to be replaced a long time ago and then when we did get a replacement, it was a young lad who is incredibly raw.

He could have done it on the edge of their penalty area. He knew he’d stepped and should have took him out. 

On 15/02/2023 at 08:22, RPG said:

I do think there is now a case for using Holgate and Godfrey as full backs to the end of the season. Mykolenko is improving but I am not sure we have the luxury of time.

On 15/02/2023 at 08:26, Goodison Glory said:

Thing is...one of those two should really replace Coady (at least for a bit)

Can't believe I'm saying any of this cuz it goes against everything I stand for but I feel now we've reached the point of not only using Godfrey as a full back but getting Keane back out there. Godfrey Keane Tark Myko. Our best chance at points moving forward rests on defending and attacking set pieces. 

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Can't believe I'm saying any of this cuz it goes against everything I stand for but I feel now we've reached the point of not only using Godfrey as a full back but getting Keane back out there. Godfrey Keane Tark Myko. Our best chance at points moving forward rests on defending and attacking set pieces. 

Keane, he might be shit at defending but he can score a banger. Remember it was his outside of the foot volley that started the comeback against Palace!

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The defence isn't our biggest problem and won't be the reason for us being relegated, if that should becomes the outcome of this season.  Our biggest problem is by far the lack of goals scored not the amount of goals conceded, yet we failed to secure a single signing in the January transfer window to help solve that problem, yet unbelievable managed to sell a player who was near or at the top of our most goals scored table. 
When this season ends and if we find ourselves relegated I believe we will find the that out of the teams that go down with us, we will have conceded the least goals and scored the least goals. 
We have conceded less than Leeds, Wolves, Forest, Villa, Leicester, and Spurs, and have conceded the same as Palace and Fulham, but have scored the least amount of goals of anyone in the league, and that will be the reason we go down, because no team can or should expect to stay up after the transfer window shut with scoring only 15 goals in 20 games. 

Don't disagree at all, that's why I'm saying get Keane and Godfrey in there. Our offense depends on it. They can score goals (or at least win the initial cross) better than Seamus and Conor. 

44 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I was concerned with how defensive and deflection focused dyche was in the press conference.

the lack of any strikers is huge, but he seemed to downplay this. Working 48 hours on build up and including deadline day isn’t the answer. We needed players in before that. 

He is trying to take the attention away from individual players and focus on the squad as a whole. There’s more than enough shit being written and spoken about us, for the manager to do the same in a press conference would be stupid.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Exactly this. Which is why there is so much furore with the board about the January debacle.

their response "we tried"...well I'm sorry you don't get points for trying in this league. We needed a solution and you failed to come up with one so you need to be accountable.

100%

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

He is trying to take the attention away from individual players and focus on the squad as a whole. There’s more than enough shit being written and spoken about us, for the manager to do the same in a press conference would be stupid.

And that's just on this site 😂😂😂😂

Gotta be honest, in the 2 home games we've played in a style that has surprised me. We look to try to play fast direct football...mostly on the grass!

I'm hoping the confidence boost from the wins will lead to a more cutting edge in front of goal. Yeah, we'll never score loads with our front line but hopefully we can score 2 sometimes 😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We just don’t score goals. That’s the fear. We would look a totally different side with goal threat 

I completely get what you mean, but we've scored 2, won 2. They'll be hard to come by without a proper presence but smash and grab + clean sheets is fine for the rest of this season. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

6 points from 3 games under Dyche, 2 clean sheets and only 2 goals conceded. 

I know, I know, don't get carried away. But this squad just isn't as bad as people think it it. I'll keep saying it over and over because that's the reality

Essentially what Dyche has been saying since he arrived. That must give the players confidence.