IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I completely get what you mean, but we've scored 2, won 2. They'll be hard to come by without a proper presence but smash and grab + clean sheets is fine for the rest of this season. 

It's not fucking fine for my nerves, I feel like I'm dying over and over.

At this point I'm a reanimated corpse and it's only 3 games into it :lol:.

Been impressed with Dyche and the approach he has taken as I was fearing a bit of a Fat Sam approach. There’s still room for improvement in certain areas but 2 clean sheets, 2 wins from 3. Hopefully a positive result from the Villa game we will start to see some confidence come back in to the team which could be the difference with some of the half chances we are creating.

All in all if he can keep us up this year it’s a massive job well done. We will have to back him in the summer market, at this rate if we can add goals to the team we will be competitive.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Been impressed with Dyche and the approach he has taken as I was fearing a bit of a Fat Sam approach. There’s still room for improvement in certain areas but 2 clean sheets, 2 wins from 3. Hopefully a positive result from the Villa game we will start to see some confidence come back in to the team which could be the difference with some of the half chances we are creating.

All in all if he can keep us up this year it’s a massive job well done. We will have to back him in the summer market, at this rate if we can add goals to the team we will be competitive.

I was thinking the same. Only thing I’m worried about is our goals(two) since hiring Dyche are coming from non-traditional goal scoring positions. We’ve been slightly lucky and need to figure out how to get goals from the attackers. 

4 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I was thinking the same. Only thing I’m worried about is our goals(two) since hiring Dyche are coming from non-traditional goal scoring positions. We’ve been slightly lucky and need to figure out how to get goals from the attackers. 

It’s a fair point but when you look at some of the chances we are creating - a lot of balls going across the face of goal and even the pull back to Onana. I really believe when the players have their confidence back you start getting people on the end of those crosses or the ball finds the top corner. We’re a work in progress but it’s refreshing to see an organised team with a clear direction on how to play.

I expected us to play a lot of long balls and be resolute in defence, which we have been. We have however played some okay stuff along the ground, often out of defensive areas, more than I thought. Once the players get more confident, I think we will see more of this, but always with one eye on the long ball.

I think with Dom scores a goal yesterday if he's in the team. A lot of good balls in dangerous areas which Maupay and co didn't fancy attacking. Dom does make those runs on the 6 yard box and we've seen him nearly score a couple like that already under Dyche.

6 points out of 9 with 3 very difficult fixtures. I think everybody would have taken that prior to the games. Villa at home next week, who have lost their last 3 and will be feeling a bit of pressure. I think we can get 3 points out of that game. If we do it puts us in very good position prior to going to the Emirates, and then two winnable games after that against Forrest and Brentford. In a ideal world, if we get at least 7 points out of those 4 games, the table looks a whole lot different.

Just on a sidenote some of the teams around us have difficult fixtures coming up in the next 4 games.

Palace - Liverpool & City

Forrest - Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle

Leicester - United, Arsenal, Chelsea

Wolves - Fulham, Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle

Bournemouth - City, Arsenal, Liverpool

I think we could see Bournemouth and/or Wolves plummet to the bottom 3 after these games.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He said this after the game on MOTD

And it wasn't just bullshit either. I watched him a few times after we didn't convert a chance we'd carved out and he was making sure the players seen him applauding the effort.

Totally agree with this. When things are tight and on the line the pressure to do things like that make the truly elite players so valuable. 

this is why it’s really important we get a few points breathing space from bottom 3 if possible.  Hopefully then the ability to play with less fear traps more goals. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just hope that once he's got us safe we don't sack him for a fancy name and give him a chance to build. I'm sure he can do pretty and exciting football too. 

Me too, we need a few years of stability with a manager, I reckon he could get some decent cup runs and possibly Europa league if he has some money to use.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I know what you're saying but he was never going to be a Fat Twat approach, he isn't remotely the same character. 

Just hope that once he's got us safe we don't sack him for a fancy name and give him a chance to build. I'm sure he can do pretty and exciting football too. 

If Moshiri sells in the next 6 months we could end up with owners who think differently, and want to bring their own man in. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Moshiri isn't going to sell up completely 

Who knows that for sure, but if he sells a big chunk to the American sports investors, it's also for them to take over a lot of the running of the club. Nobody really knows how or to what extent things will change, so we will just have to wait and see what develops, but let's hope something good and positive comes out of the next chapter of our story.  

Since Sean came in I've felt the press giving us a slightly easier time. I think they loved to mock our failure with so-called marquee managers (probably because they knew the board were failures).  Dyche is different, down to earth and gives the press time and respect. I never disliked him as an opposing manager.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I know what you're saying but he was never going to be a Fat Twat approach, he isn't remotely the same character. 

Not the same character but the perception of “his” football was always boring 442. He’s really surprised me with how he has set us up to play.

I agree and hope we stick with him and give him a real chance to build a team here.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Who knows that for sure, but if he sells a big chunk to the American sports investors, it's also for them to take over a lot of the running of the club. Nobody really knows how or to what extent things will change, so we will just have to wait and see what develops, but let's hope something good and positive comes out of the next chapter of our story.  

I'm quite confident in my statement. He'll sell up to 49% so he can give enough power to the others to run the club properly and for him to still get the credit if it goes well. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

No. One of the biggest reasons we are where we are is because we keep chopping and changing. Most were willing to put up with Lampard because of this until it went too far. He needs to stay as long as possible, especially if the impact is positive. 

Yes we can’t keep expecting managers to come in and make poor to average players turn into worldies.

We need to work with a manager and his project, give them support and build a team.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

No. One of the biggest reasons we are where we are is because we keep chopping and changing. Most were willing to put up with Lampard because of this until it went too far. He needs to stay as long as possible, especially if the impact is positive. 

Totally agree. My comment was more about not chasing the latest shiny object. They can soon tarnish. 

On 19/02/2023 at 19:16, Btay said:

Not the same character but the perception of “his” football was always boring 442. He’s really surprised me with how he has set us up to play.

It’s an easy and lazy assumption that’s made about him all of the time. It’ll take about ten minutes on YouTube to see that’s not how he plays football, but journalists like the easy and lazy approach. 

Anyone who seen Burnley over his last few years will have seen he wasn’t just a 442 long ball merchant, they ripped through our team on enough occasions by playing a bit of football. 

He works with the tools he’s got and plays to his players strengths. It’s a hell of an effective way of doing things. I don’t know why more managers don’t try it.