IGNORED

Liverpool away (Feb 13)

Cornish Steve

We’re really missing DCL tonight. We don’t have an out all and you can only defend for so long. We need to get someone like Gray on so we have some pace to chase down lost balls.

Look at what pace did for them.

McNeil should have leathered the ball. Gana should have accepted a yellow and took him out. Pickford was lost in no lane land.

But pace is what scored a goal for them.

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

Bit harsh blaming a goal on McNeil for trying to putting the ball back in to Liverpools danger area - just as likely to deflect in for goal.

We haven't played great, but Liverpool haven't really threatened us that much.

We are still well in this game and really only a goal post away from it being 1 - 0 to us.  

You make it sound like I don’t want him to have a shot, which is not what I said. His execution of said shot was very poor and was the reason Liverpool got the breakaway. Yes Gana could’ve done better and Pickford for sure….but it started with McNeil. 

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

You make it sound like I don’t want him to have a shot, which is not what I said. His execution of said shot was very poor and was the reason Liverpool got the breakaway. Yes Gana could’ve done better and Pickford for sure….but it started with McNeil. 

It’s on Pickford, there’s no way Salah scores that if he stays in his 6 yard box 

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I actually blame McNeil for that goal. His attempt at a shot after the rebound was ridiculous. 

There’s another reason to fault McNeil.  As Liverpool got the ball, McNeil was closer to the Everton goal at the other end of the pitch than Salah and 2 other Liverpool players.  But he was asleep-lazy, and very quickly was behind the 3 Liverpool players ripping toward the Everton goal.

More generally, on Liverpool throw-ins, Liverpool are immediately ready, while several Everton players are asleep-lazy, looking down, strolling, unaware that Liverpool are ready for a quick throw-in.  It’s dismaying, our lack of alertness.