IGNORED

Bournemouth 28th May Home

Matt

2 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

It's just a game.. right? ..WRONG.  if I'm awake I'm thinking of Sunday. Been playing game in my head over and over.  Crazy how this club has a hold over me. Add  I'm American.  I should not be this hooked but I am.

Come on you Blues! One time... please..one time

Love this. 

•  

• Bournemouth have won their past three Premier League games against Everton, netting exactly three goals each time. They had only won two of their first eight against them in the competition (D2 L4).

• Dwight McNeil is Everton's top Premier League goalscorer this season with seven goals. As it stands, it's the Toffees' lowest scoring top scorer in a single campaign since 2001-02 (Duncan Ferguson and Tomasz Radzinski with six).

• Everton have picked up 18 points in their 17 Premier League games under Sean Dyche (1.1 per game), compared to 15 points in 20 games under Frank Lampard this season (0.8 per game).

On 23/05/2023 at 14:29, FairWooney said:

I'll be in Edinburgh sat watching on my phone no doubt in a beer garden recovering from running the marathon that morning.  Not ideal!  Doubt and pubs round there will be showing us!

On 24/05/2023 at 02:38, Hoof_It_Nev said:

I'm annoyingly going to be in the air from just before kick off, landing just after final whistle. Probably for the best 🤮

Depending on the results of a blood test I just had I may well be in hospital for it (not cancer related I hasten to add):rolleyes:.

This game can’t be on Dyche he can only pick the team that’s available and ask the players if they are ready and up for it, some will possibly be asked to play out of position not the fault of the manager but the effect of the circumstances he finds himself in. When Dyche asks the players are you up for the huge challenge and responsibility involved in this game, and they reply yes god they better mean it. Saturday will be the day of reckoning no second chances after this, we will witness for ourselves those who apply themselves and those who don’t, win or lose this won’t be down to Dyche but to the players who have accepted the challenge, what Dyche can do in game time is to react positively against those who aren’t doing the business. I trust and believe everyone of them understands how huge this day is for the club, and when they walk off the pitch at the end of the game, they have given all they can and haven’t left anything out there in their efforts to win the game, and that is all we can ask for. 
I can’t wait for this game to kick off it’s time to walk the walk and I’m confident that we will prevail and will be playing PL football next season. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

This game can’t be on Dyche he can only pick the team that’s available and ask the players if they are ready and up for it, some will possibly be asked to play out of position not the fault of the manager but the effect of the circumstances he finds himself in. When Dyche asks the players are you up for the huge challenge and responsibility involved in this game, and they reply yes god they better mean it. Saturday will be the day of reckoning no second chances after this, we will witness for ourselves those who apply themselves and those who don’t, win or lose this won’t be down to Dyche but to the players who have accepted the challenge, what Dyche can do in game time is to react positively against those who aren’t doing the business. I trust and believe everyone of them understands how huge this day is for the club, and when they walk off the pitch at the end of the game, they have given all they can and haven’t left anything out there in their efforts to win the game, and that is all we can ask for. 
I can’t wait for this game to kick off it’s time to walk the walk and I’m confident that we will prevail and will be playing PL football next season. 

I hope we’re up for it at 4.30 on Sunday personally.

8 hours ago, RPG said:

My concern, rather oddly, concerns how we line up if Mykolenko is fit. If Mykolenko is fit and starts at Left Back in a flat back four, who starts at Right Back?

I think there is a case for making the decision early to start with a back three, Iwobi and McNeil as Wing Backs and Mykolenko on the bench. Something like: 3-5-2

Pickford

Mina  Tarkowski  Coady

Iwobi  Doucoure  Gueye  Garner  McNeil

Simms  Gray

The more I think about it the more I think you're right. If we have a back 3 I think Dyche will play a midfield 5, if that's the case, Mykolenko doesn't fit in as McNeil will be in the left spot.

A 4 could be possible with Keane/Holgate at RB but that doesn't excite me.

Whatever the set up, it's a bit bare bones and the game will be a challenge, Dyche will have to get it spot on tactically, the players will have to be up for it and add the 12th man that is goodison to the equation and hopefully we can make it over the line.

I think Haf mentioned the Bournemouth lads might already be on their holidays, I hope that's the case.

I'm praying for an early goal to settle the nerves.

I would go back 3, it’s the only formation that allows the players to be in their best roles - specifically Coady. Don’t want any square pegs in round holes, a flat back 4 doesn’t give us confidence in the stand ins. 

if we do this we need the wide midfielders and DMs to be absolutely on point. 

Coady should be a source of springing attacks with deep balls, with gray and simms with doucs supporting we could see us really get at Bournemouth

It’s nearly here.

The day when we need 12 Hero’s to turn up and do is proud. 
Forget about all the noise for 90 minutes and create a cauldron for them. 
Wear out badges with pride, sing u til our voices cannot cope with another note, and we will celebrate like we’ve won the Champions league final.

This is our final! There is no more important match in the world for us, it begins and ends with this one match. 
We will fight for our lives, and whatever happens…. It happens together! As a family and as the greatest club in history. 

Time to shine boys. 
COYBs!!!!

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

To be fair, they're daft and repetitive questions. He's probably just bored.

I think the journos are just asking questions most fans want answered even if it's obvious no manager would answer them directly.

I think Dyche needs to realise media work is actually part of his job even if he doesn't like it or see the value in it.  

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He can be as prickly as he likes with the press as long as he gets results.

Martinez and Lampard were lovely with the press but were poor managers.

the reality is though is he's prickly and has the same results (or slightly worse) than lampard at the same point in time.

ultimately there's no correlation between our managers, their attitude in press conferences and our results.

We've generally had a bunch of mediocre managers for decades