IGNORED

Bournemouth 28th May Home

Matt

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Is it nearly kick off time yet?

It's just gone 430pm in Brisbane!!! Don't know whether to stay up, have a sleep and get up at 130am or just sleep through it. Will be back in Liverpool for the 1st time since 2016 in just over 2 weeks.  Supposed to be celebrating my 50th with family. If the unthinkable happens, have told them I'm not coming, so need you guys who are going the match to make it happen. COYB

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've been confident all week, then last night I absolutely started to shit myself. From a neutral point of view obviously we're going to win comfortably and stay in the league, but watching these idiots every week has me thinking that there's a good chance we could bottle this. Especially if we don't score with an hour on the clock or worse, Bournemouth take an early lead. 

The neutral and sane voice in my head is saying we'll win (and win well) but I'm absolutely terrified. 

Had similar feelings yesterday. Felt confident, thinking we can do this, we've got it in the bag. 

Then it dawned on me that we are prime culprits for a huge shock.

Truth is by the end of the day, we may well be looking at Championship football next year. It's still a real possibility. 

Whatever happens it's gonna be an emotional day!

Been keeping myself busy. Got shit to do the next couple of hours...but fuck me I'm starting to feel it in my stomach (I've always been a late starter when it comes to nerves!!!).

Massive shout to all the Ladies & Gents making it to GP today. You lot hold an unbelievable amount of influence on this today...do what you always do 💪

1 hour ago, patto said:

Match officials could decide this relegation outcome I just hope they don't ruin it by sending somebody off they need to be sensible today.

Yes, this worries me, too.  Our players, as much as the referee, need to play with enormous energy every moment, BUT not recklessly.  No yellow cards — unless to stop a Bournemouth breakaway — in the first half.  Also worry about ghastly mistakes in midfield, giveaways.

Want to see fierce commitment from the opening whistle.  And no fierce stupidity.

On 21/05/2023 at 10:36, Matt said:

Anyone fancy a meet up? I will be going for the pre-game mania then to the nearest toilet for the game so I can vomit freely. 

We get dropped off at St Hilda’s and go for a pint there before heading up towards the stadium. Where you heading Matt?

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I’m on a plane from Perth to brisbane now - absolute nervous wreck. Land at midnight and the game is at 1:30am. The missus is picking me up from the airport & she’s going to watch the game with me. We’ve been together for a few months and I really don’t think she knows the range of emotions she might see here…

Hope everyone is doing well today 💙

I reckon she will be a Blue by the end of the game!!