IGNORED

We Are Depending Far Too Much On Aj.

java2001e

the sheffield game was an unconvincing 2 - 0 victory. i believe that we may now have to accept that bt isnt working out as expected. in the second half sheffield gave us a hard time. and thats partly because we only have one really dangerous striker.

thats aj. and thats no good. if he gets injured or goes thru a bad patch we will be in big trouble.

anichebe may turn into a good striker in a season or two but he still has a way to go. faddie has good intentions but he doesnt deliver at premiership level and he may well never do so.

osman and cahill are inconsistent, despite their occassional moments of glory. plus they are attacking midfielders rather than out and out strikers.

i say we should make it a priority to find a replacement for bt, if poss in the january window. we should unload him. bt may fetch about 4 mill. and if he does we should add some more to it and do some business.

amazed u sayin cahill is inconsistant seens as hes challenging aj very closely for our best player so far, i think cahill has been very consistant so far this season... at first i loved him, then admittedly i doubted him but i was daft for doing so, in his right position hes top notch

as for hte striker i agree... but i think ur a bit hard on mcfadden, i think hes looekd good with aj when given the chance, and hes shown hes capable in games expecially for scotland.... i think given the chance to play with aj he may well come 'good' or atleast better....

but yeh, i'd let beattie go and look to bring some1 else in

i think the second half performance was more based around just letting the game run out and keeping everyone as fresh as possible for the next 2 games in 5days.

id wait till the summer for a striker, if either boro, charlton or west ham go down then yakubu darren bent or dean ashton could be up for sale???

i think the second half performance was more based around just letting the game run out and keeping everyone as fresh as possible for the next 2 games in 5days.

risky considering that they were running rings around us.

id wait till the summer for a striker, if either boro, charlton or west ham go down then yakubu darren bent or dean ashton could be up for sale???

it would be nice to qualify for europe this season. do we want to wait? altho we may have to if no quality strikers are available. even so i would be happy to see BT go in january anyway. when anichebe came on he was much more effective and so far this season BT's only scored twice from penalties. tim howard looked more likely to score against sheffu.

Beattie has had flu all week and played for aslong as he could, as did Cahill. Which could explain why neither of them played very well and came off. So I for one will not be judging BT on that game. Fair enough he hasnt exactly set the world on fire at Everton but he is what we have so we should support the fella, he pulls on the royal blue jersey so we should get behind him.

I disagree with your Cahill comment but apart from that I think your spot on.

When Johnson was down in the first half, me and 30 odd thousand more people where saying shit. I know any team is weakend when one of their strikers is injured but we havnt got another one at the minute which gives us the some influence on a game. And we should have, we are Everton FOOTBALL CLUB. We should have quality players to come in. I have stood by Beattie all the way through so far and will do whilst wearing the blue shirt, doesnt mean I've been happt with his performances though. Yesterday he didnt look at the races, should have put that effort away when Lescott cut it back to him. I hope he comes good cos I was always a fan of Beattie whilst he was at Southampton.

Vic is still young and needs to be slowly put in but from what I've seen hes a quality player. Hopefully he can get a few games under his belt this season then really push on next season.

Would like to see another quality striker to come in January but it all depends on what money we've got...Beattie's departure might have to happen for someone else to come in...

Edited by Ian

I think we could still get 5-6 million for him, Newcastle would pay it...they've paid stupid amounts before for alot worse players then Beattie. I would prefer Beattie to come good then get rid but if he cant produce then I think it would be best for both parties for him to go.

personnaly i find BT shite...and have never been a fan.... hes just not a good player, and not a good professional .... doesnt give enough effort for me. ok he had a good run end of last year, that shows what a confidence player he is but that was towards the end, any coincidence it was just before the world cup squad was to be announced? he did fuck all after that, i dont htink he gives a shit about Everton and ill be glad to see the back of him

no one will buy beattie at the moment, Newcastle may pay over the odds, but they wouldnt bother with beattie.

Java - as bad as we were playing i wouldnt say they were running rings around us at any point in the game at all

we certainly werent running rings around them! in the second half they looked much more likely to score than we did.

a two goal difference flattered us in the end. we were lucky to get the penalty, felt sorry for they guy sent off.

the best you can say for us is that even tho we played badly but still won in the end.

we certainly werent running rings around them! in the second half they looked much more likely to score than we did.

a two goal difference flattered us in the end. we were lucky to get the penalty, felt sorry for they guy sent off.

the best you can say for us is that even tho we played badly but still won in the end.

I'am fed up of saying BT will come good but people ..................................

......................... BT will come good :D

i bet we could easily offload BT and get Nugent and still have money left.

And if you ask me, we will be gaining money and getting a better striker.

Can only be good.

Im not sure we should get rid of BT in january though, i think we should give him till the end of the season

Not sure I'd like to risk selling a proven premiership striker in Beattie for a young striker that's barely scoring in the championship. We have Anichebe and Vaughan coming through, and if we were to go for Nugent, it would have to be alongside a senior striker.

Beattie has always been a goal scorer who hs runs then doesn't score for a while, like last season.

to be honest i dont think Nugent is good enough for the prem right now. we all know we missed out on Ashton and Bent, but they always seemed a higher quality from what i saw, Nugent seems to always be linked with us because he is a blue, but hes not setting the championship alight is he???

Blarg said......"We've scored 17 goals this season (inc the league cup) and Johnson has scored 6 of them. Think that's a pretty healthy ratio to him and the team."

That doesnt tell the whole story tho does it

Goals Scored......

Johnson............6

Cahill...............5

Own goals........2

penalties..........3

Total..............16 Add arteta's header to make it seventeen.

Up until Arteta,s header on saturday, only Cahill and Johnson had scored from open play, No i dont think thats a healthy ratio at all and its about time Beattie Osman Davies and a few others in the team started helping out.

In 1927/28 Dixie got sixty out of 102 goals scored in the league that season. Apart from him only Alec Troup (with ten) got into double figures...that's Dixie responsible for nearly sixty percent of the goals. Wonder if the fans then thought we were relying too heavily on him. Just a thought.

Yes Mike thats a good way of putting across your View, so you wont mind if i put my view across in the same way will you. In that season, Dixie played in 41 Games.

Did you notice that the season before he had missed about 15 games with injuries and Everton finished 3rd from Bottom.

Also the same thing the season after, he again missed about 13 games and Everton finished 5th from bottom.

So yes i believe they were relying a bit too much on Dixie. ;)

Which leads me to believe that if you lose your main striker to injuries the team could end up struggling, which is why i think some other players in the team need to get their shooting boots on, and weigh in with a few goals, at the same time i want AJ to keep slotting them in.

Edited by Licker

Wasn't for a moment disagreeing with you Licker, just wondering....I wake at night in a cold sweat after having horrific nightmares about AJ breaking his fourth metatarsel after being run over by a shopping trolly in ASDA. Your point is well made and I'd planned to look at the surrounding seasons myself but was dragged off to Tescos by the wife :( .

Those of us lucky enough to be around in 1985 know the value of everyone chipping in..

(from all games)

Sharpy 30

Sheeds 17

Trev 16

Andy Gray 14

Derek Mountfield 14 :o

Inchy 13

and another 21 spread around the team. Heady days.

I saw this tidbit on the BBC Rumour page;

"Everton are lining up a £2m swoop for Ipswich striker Billy Clarke. (Daily Mirror)"

When AJ had his ballerina moment, my first reaction, "Oh god, there goes our season."

Besides goals, the major benefit of AJ's presence is the sense of competition its brought to the squad.

Edited by thinman