IGNORED

Xbox 360

Adam

As most of you know I have most of the games consols and a pc to boot.

One I have not brought yet is the xbox 360 as wasn't going to pay £300 for a consol.

Anyway the missus has now told me I can buy a consol. I put the deposit down on the new Nintendo Wii which comes out in december but am now thinking about getting an xbox 360 instead.

Anyway my question is are 360's that good?

I have been told that to get the true benifit of the graphics you need to have a HD TV which I won't go and spend £700 on a new tv

buy it! great console, i absolutely hated xboxs, but i took the plunge and bought a 360 after loads of recommendations and you cant beat it, havent played my ps2 since getting it, its true that hd optimises the thing, but i dont have one and the graphics are still amazing without one, the only thing i can say is that dead rising was made to be played with a hd telly, and while i dont have one, i cant read any of the writing on it as its so small!none of the other games ive got are like that though, so its entirely up to you mate, the xbox live arcade on it is cool too, downloading all your fave retro games and being able to play them again :D

It's up to you the Wii isn't the most powerful and estimates say that the graphics power of the Wii is about the same as the current gen Xbox not the 360. I have always liked Nintendo games like Zelda and Mario so that is a big plus for the Wii. Also because of the new controller Nintendo say they are marketing the console to a different audience, sure it won't have graphics like the 360 but it will offer a totally unique way of playing. In the end it's up to you but if you are just concerned about looking at pretty graphics I would go for the 360.

Its not just the graphics that concern me. I am to a big fan of the old Nintendos and brought a Gamecube purely cos they had Zelda and Resident Evil on it.

I brought one of those Golf things for the ps2 (real world golf) and got bored with it after a little but that might have been only cos there was one game. I have looked at the games coming out on the xbox 360 and the wii and the xbox looks better but you still don't have the fun factor like you do with the Wii. The other thing is I will most prob play the games on my own most of the time and there fore I think the Wii is going to be better if you got a few people playing it but the big problem is again they have Zelda and that looks great on it.

The other thing is that Pro Evo 6 is on the xbox 360 and don't think its ons the wii and if get a wii would have to get that on the PS2 as not on the normal xbox.

Its a hard choice for me and I know which ever way I go will most prob at some point think I should have gone the other way

Cheers for the advice though feel free to keep it coming

Pro Evo 6 isn't on Wii and won't be on PS3 either because Microsoft bought the rights to the game on next gen consoles meaning of the wii ps3 and 360 it can only appear on the 360. This is only for pro evo 6 so from pro evo7 onwards I am pretty confident it will be on the PS3. Konami said they have a build of pro evo/winning eleven running on the wii at the moment tho obviously pro evo 6 won't be coming out on the wii but it sounds hopeful for the prospect of the game coming to wii in future. If I didn't have a PC this might concern me more but since I have a PC that plays Pro Evo to a decent standard I can happily play Pro Evo on that, Pro Evo 6 is out on friday too :)

definitely go for the 360.

...and get it online !! (it's the best bit)

Also, an alternative to the HDTV is a PC monitor, and VGA cable.

I've got a little 15" with speakers in the same room as the TV.

I usually just put headphones on, and play while the family watch telly.

(you can get a 19" for just over a ton now, but the 15 was free....)

PES 06 is in the post too, so I'll be up for a game, or our own league maybe?

I have never thought about going on xbox live.

I didn't do it at all with the xbox but I am starting to think that maybe its worth going on it for xbox 360.

How does it work. Do you have to pay a monthly fee or do you just use your normall internet. Do you have to have a certain internet at home for it to work.

Got xbox 360 the other day. Got Pro Evo 6, Table Tennis. Just waiting for Smackdown Vs Raw 07 and Need for Speed carbon to come out over the next few weeks.

My advice Adam is to wait the 360 is a great console but let down by sheer lack of games for it

And the fact all you bought are sequels to very tired games kinda proves my point

I was surprised with the fact that the xbox 360 has been out for a year that there was not a lot of games out on it.

I like the table tennis game and will always get Pro Evo as my fav game and had to get a management game for the missus.

The other game I like the look of is a game called Dead Rising!!! has anyone played this? seems a bit like resident evil?

I was surprised with the fact that the xbox 360 has been out for a year that there was not a lot of games out on it.

I like the table tennis game and will always get Pro Evo as my fav game and had to get a management game for the missus.

The other game I like the look of is a game called Dead Rising!!! has anyone played this? seems a bit like resident evil?

with the xbox live mate, you can either connect via ethernet cable, or if its ot compatible or you have a wireless network like me, youll have to buy the wireless internet adapter, think theyre 50 smackers but theyre worth it,the 360 itself comes with an ethernet cable so if youve got a router or modem within reach im pretty sure that would work straight away

got dead rising mate but dont buy it unless youve got a hd tv because you can hardly read the writing in-game because it was designed for hd use, that was my mistake, bought it without realising and i havent played it since, which is a shame because i was really looking forward to having a good go of it! cant wait to buy a hd telly!

Dead rising is designed with HDTV in mind,the fonts they use are awful if you havent got one,fun game though if you can put up with it

This is the problem I have now. I want a HD tv to go with the xbox. When I move into the new house and spend all the money doin it up I will have to spend some of it to buy some nice things like a tv. Don't want to spend £70k doing a house up for it not have nice things in. That is the excuse I have told the missus. Will wait til after the xmas though.

Just waiting for Need 4 Speed Carbon to come out on it now.

really like the table tennis game though and will most prob go live when in new house

This is the problem I have now. I want a HD tv to go with the xbox. When I move into the new house and spend all the money doin it up I will have to spend some of it to buy some nice things like a tv. Don't want to spend £70k doing a house up for it not have nice things in. That is the excuse I have told the missus. Will wait til after the xmas though.

i had that problem too mate, wanted a telly for my xbox, so i got one yesterday!32" samsung with freeview built in and a nice little stand £500, nice little thing to have for when me and the missus move in too (thats the excuse i gave her :D ) thats the third thing ive got on finance now though :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I decided to cancel my order for a wii since an xbox 360 wasn't much more expensive and I can connect a 360 to my PC monitor pretty easily. Anyway was just wondering if anyone who has an xbox 360 can help me, I want to connect to xbox live just to get the updates etc but can I plug the 360 straight into my ADSL modem or do I need a router?

I went to lakeside shopping centre on Sunday and looked in the Sony shop and Currys and couldn beleive how good the HD TVs where. They had Pro Evo 6 on there and the difference between mine and theres was just amazing.

Am def getting one after xmas and sold my house.

im thinking about getting a 360 now, but i dont know wether to choose between a 360 or driving lessons, my bday is coming up and xmas so i'll have money to burn, ive just saw a package for a 360 for £220 and you get gears of war + either pro evo 6 or samckdown vs. raw. i think thats a good price but it is not the wireless controller but i dont give a shit im not fussed about wires. anyone else think thats a good deal?

p.s. the offer is on in gamestation

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=x...&t=hardware

Edited by Everton Lad

That is the core console it doesn't have a hard drive, best price I found and where I ordered mine was play.com for 360 premium console with gears of war for 269.99. If you buy the hard drive on it's own it's about 65£ so is up to you but you need the hard drive in certain situations such as footie manager you can't play that without a hard drive.

Edited by L_Blue