IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Missus is a Bristol City fan and we watch them a fair bit. He is a very good player and has all the attributes to make it in the prem, pace, movement, good touch and composure. How he would cope playing in our system is another thing.

Most City fans dont think he will sign a new deal and the financial details they revealed yesterday make it more urgent to get something for him (posted a £12million loss, a mill more than last year)

About £2.5 would probably be enough. He is a little bit injury prone though

Jesus, look at that! Me and Mark doing the scouting back in 2006!!!

Its weird looking at old posts like that.

I didn't even notice the date. huh.png Craziest forum ever lol. I thought we were signing Maynard for a minute lol. laugh.png

I don't know if this forum would merit it, but we used to have a post cleaning facility on one of the forums that removes threads, or closes them after a set period decided upon by the admin. It kind of stops the confusion lol.

My Missus is a Bristol City fan and we watch them a fair bit. He is a very good player and has all the attributes to make it in the prem, pace, movement, good touch and composure. How he would cope playing in our system is another thing.

Most City fans dont think he will sign a new deal and the financial details they revealed yesterday make it more urgent to get something for him (posted a £12million loss, a mill more than last year)

About £2.5 would probably be enough. He is a little bit injury prone though

For less than £3 he's got to be worth a punt! tongue.png

I didn't even notice the date. huh.png Craziest forum ever lol. I thought we were signing Maynard for a minute lol. laugh.png

I don't know if this forum would merit it, but we used to have a post cleaning facility on one of the forums that removes threads, or closes them after a set period decided upon by the admin. It kind of stops the confusion lol.

We just like to re-open old threads, Av.

I like to see the old posts from back when i was young.

• 3 weeks later...

whats small about 2.25m for us Stevo?! Just concerned about if he will make the step up.

Maybe get Donnelly and Maynard for 3m? That'd do nicely.

£2.25m is way too much for a lower league player with six months left, and his club will know that. £1.5m will get him out of there i'm sure.

If we cant find that after bringing in circa £15m in the summer then I just give up.

£2.25m is way too much for a lower league player with six months left, and his club will know that. £1.5m will get him out of there i'm sure.

If we cant find that after bringing in circa £15m in the summer then I just give up.

Agree here, the issue is we will prob drag this on and he will end up going elsewhere and becoming a great striker, its sad that we struggle to find this sum of funds for a player, especially given what we brought in during the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

He is coming to us. Or at least that is what all the talk is around Bristol City. He has apparently rejected offers from a host of Championship clubs and will sit his contract out and leave for free in the summer.

I reckon a £1million bid from us in the window would get him but I would be happy to wait and get him for free in the summer, then the next year we can sell him to Leicester at a profit laugh.png

Would you be happy about moving to Wigan? He's going to leave Bristol City for a club that is playing on borrowed time in this league, he might aswell just sign an extension at his current club because Wigan Athletic is hardly a step-up from what he is doing now. At the beginning of the window I would have pushed Moyes to sign him but given the players we are linked with now (Jelavic, Hoilett) I say keep well away.

We are run like Ebay - we wait fo an influx of bids to come in as the deadline approaches, sell for less than worth and get outbid for things we need to buy.

Fantastic representation of our club Haf!