IGNORED

It Was Good To Draw Against Arsenal, But

Zed

I really long for the day when we can compete with them and their like.

Yes, we had to play to our strengths, keep it tight, get men behind the ball, work our socks off and so on

Wouldn't it be nice to see an Everton side running out onto the pitch, dominating a game and playing the team off the park rather than hanging on for dear life, and trying to kill the game

""the slow improvements to the team are fine by me, but id love the improvements to speed up a little""

I dont think we are that far away Steve, just need a decent left winger, left back, and another midfield dynamo.

Carsley is doing a good job, but he is among two or three who i would like to improve on.

Then we can get to the top 5 or 6 every year and as the Euro money filters through keep improving.

Sounds easy does'nt it. :)

if say we were to be based around a 442 then we have got the basis of a great 11

howard (if we could keep him)

hibbo yobo lescott ???????

arteta cahill ?????? ??????

AJ ?????

with the £35m or so, if not more, from the TV rights next season, plus anythin we could gain from this year and maybe potential investments then i honestly believe we could be chasing 4th spot consistently, may take quite a bit more to challenge Chelsea and United

now id like to throw some money at Baines for the left back spot, and as ive said before, i hope either charlton or west ham get the drop and would have to sell, Ashton or Bent would do for me, and maybe Reo-Coker while were poaching from west ham. but i cant think of a winger to fit in there, maybe benayoun, take pretty much all of west hams good players

Edited by StevO_BluE

Just keep in prospective that, Arsenal Are 1 of the best footballing sides to watch & many of us older farts would confirm that.

Prob merit more silver for the performances.

What Im saying is..Yeh Ide like to play like Arsenal do 2.

However, theyre aint been too many teams ive seen to play that way over my 25yrs or so of avid footy addiction .

Sure A few teams have, but you can count them on one hand.

Ti's no shame to not be that good, but food 4 thought & they do elave many aspiring to be.

Mark said............ "agree about getting Baines in, I actually think he's better than A. Cole. While we're at improving the team get rid of Hibbo and bring someone better in, he wouldnt fit into us being a passing side."

Mark, If we could bring in another midfield general, how would you feel about leaving Pip at fullback. ??

I think he's a better fullback than his brother at the moment, and has set up a few of our goals with great crosses, in fact he leads the way in "Assists"....... Just a thought. ;)

On the subject of Baines, thought we were linked with him last season, but decided against and gave Pistone another contract. Another one bites the Dust.

I would be happy with keeping Neville at full back if we can get a holding midfielder in his place, however if we going forward do we need to look at not having a holding midfielder in the future.

It would be nice to be up with the likes of the top 4 but bearing in mind where we were 4 years ago would we now say that we are level with the teams that finish 5-9??? I would say we would so a steady and slow improvement is better than a decline or none at all.

Maybe 1 day we will be up there with the best but as other people have said we need to keep getting into Europe and attract the better players.

Sadly we're light years away from the top 4 teams..just got to live with it till some serious money is pumped into the club

Total agree with Fozzie - Football is a money game these days and the 'top 4' are light years ahead in that front, and will continue to be, unless you find a Abramovich type. (They are like rocking horse sh1t)

All you can do is try and sneak the odd 4th finsih, from one of the top 4 who might have a poorish season.

At this moment in time if we buy a youngster and he breaks in to the England team or is a wonder kid - we are just going to see one of the top 4 nick him.

We have seen it with Rooney, Walcott, Carrick, SWP, Saha, Van Der Sar, Parker, J Cole, Bellemy, A Cole the list goes on and on.

Spurs had a good season last year - one of there best players that year - now gone. They are a weaker team this season.

We pay around top dollar of around £35,000 (because thats what we can afford) - Are any of the players in the top 4 starting 11or bench on a penny less than that - I would doubt it.

My point being that if you do to well - then your top performers are going to be bought from you - and basically these days there is not a lot you can do about it, unless you have the money to fight fire with fire.

What I like about Moyes is that a lot of our current 'success' (comparative) is brought about from decent players - playing well as a team, rather than one or two class players carrying the team. That way there is little incentive for your big four to bid for our players - as they already have better players individual in each team.

Mark said............ "agree about getting Baines in, I actually think he's better than A. Cole. While we're at improving the team get rid of Hibbo and bring someone better in, he wouldnt fit into us being a passing side."

Mark, If we could bring in another midfield general, how would you feel about leaving Pip at fullback. ??

I think he's a better fullback than his brother at the moment, and has set up a few of our goals with great crosses, in fact he leads the way in "Assists"....... Just a thought. ;)

On the subject of Baines, thought we were linked with him last season, but decided against and gave Pistone another contract. Another one bites the Dust.

Id be happy with that Licker, I think he's far better than Hibbert at defending and he's got a good cross on him which Hibbert lacks.

though Pip can cross a ball and get forward well, i wouldnt for one second say he is better at defending than hibbert. maybe as a package he is a better player, but he doesnt have Hibberts pace or his strength, and lets not forget, Pip does tend to lose his head in a challenge every now and again, somethin than Hibbert doesnt . just my thoughts.

rather Pip in the midfield anyway

Edited by StevO_BluE

though Pip can cross a ball and get forward well, i wouldnt for one second say he is better at defending than hibbert. maybe as a package he is a better player, but he doesnt have Hibberts pace or his strength, and lets not forget, Pip does tend to lose his head in a challenge every now and again, somethin than Hibbert doesnt . just my thoughts.

rather Pip in the midfield anyway

Iv seen hibbo put in a few rash challanges mate, and I think he wont get back in the team if we keep doing the business